How do you feel about your game being live streamed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

Broadcasting the game is a choice. If you choose to broadcast your game to the world you can’t be shocked that some people will look at your screen. I’m not against a streamer mode or them trying to block stream sniping but ive seen calls for it to be bannable which is ridiculous.

I personally dont care about random people clicking my profile looking to give me salt, however if its broadcast to someone with 6000 followers and he rants and rants about me THEN I start to get a little worried. It leads to witch hunts.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2021
    Options

Some streamers are chill. I've played against one twice recently, and joined their chat after a 4K (no tunnel/camp) to say cheers. Everyone was nice and just hanging out.

I've also played against fake ones, like one that just talked ungodly amounts of trash because I got tunneled by a Doctor and had to blow the shack pallet early on. The best part was their Twitch channel was covered in all this anti-hate, "be nice to others" BS. Honestly, the things they said were pretty vile.

I don't mind people streaming me, but I don't consistently play the same each match. If I was going purely for 4Ks or survival, I'd use different build setups and playstyles, but I already got my rank 1 achievements years ago now.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options

Was it by any chance someone who openly admitted to DC'ing so she could bully inexperienced killers?

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I'm not naming them, they do not deserved to be called out like that, and no it was someone else.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146
    Options

Generally dont like it as most of the streamers act like DBD is the only thing in life. Not everyone has to learn the math behind everything in DBD or needs to be perfect some people occasionaly play it and livestreamers tend to be really cruel to other people that don't 100% sweat their ass off every match. Generally the community is a really unhealthy and sad one. One of the reasons i havent been playing for 2 months. I occasionally pop into forums to see if its worth playing again but honestly theres many better things rn

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

i don't care at all, normally i watch their vod back to see the other perspective.

It does kinda irk me a teeny bit tho when i'm killer and i watch the vod of the survivor, cos fsr a lot of them like to call playing fair as 'dude this killer is so bad' and then when i go in the chat after they wanna be like HAHA IT WAS JUST BANTER MATE JUST A JOKE!!!

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226
    Options

I don't really care that much, as sometimes at the same time i will either be recording for a video or even streaming myself.

So i don't think i would have a leg to stand on if i were to object to me (well my tag) being on their stream

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

I generally don't like it, but I had one where I killed the streamer and they went on to compliment the match and generally respond in a wholesome manner. So they aren't all bad.

I've had others that spend the whole match trash talking everything. I have a buddy that watches it for me to tell me what they're saying. No gameplay info, just on the lookout for toxic personalities I can dumpster for their audience.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,678
    Options

Last game I had that was streamed was vs this guy and his friends.

I'm by no means a Myers main and was very shrekked (late Saturday for me).

Checked the stream after and everyone was pretty nice/chill - Had a wholesome conversation and left.

The experience has made me re-evaluate some of my previous TTV stereotypes.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74
    Options

I always bring a mori for them. Not because I dislike them, simply because it's something I've always done and will continue to do with the nerf.

• Nek0mata
    Nek0mata Member Posts: 5
    Options

Considering my last ttv username was a snipped group where the streamer's chat had a jerk from one of my discord servers following him and told him to kill me as he proceeded to work with the killer to do just that (legitimately let himself get downed so he could see my aura and direct the killer to me when I hadn't been hooked) - I'd have to say I'm firmly in the "stream with a dedicated group or ######### off and stop ruining other peoples games for your follwer count" party

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2021
    Options

If i know I'm being streamed by big/famous streamers, i dodge immediately because then i do get performance anxiety. But most of the times i alt tab until the game starts, so i find out during the game (and in that case, my "skill lvl" immediately drops to 0) or in endgame lobby

I got matched with/against otzdarva, ayrun and trapper multiple times, and only once i realized it in time (i saw otzdarva as team mate) and immediately left. I wonder if i got matched with other big streamers without even noticing.

When it comes to smaller streamers, i don't mind. It's just that the idea of hundreds or thousands of people watching me is a big no.

Actually when it comes to smaller streamers, i enjoy going to watch the vod to see the game under their pov, especially if i was playing killer

• Kangadoo
    Kangadoo Member Posts: 2
    Options

I find it good cause it shows you a different perspective and you can use it to see where you can do better. Also most streamers I've faced haven't been toxic and have been really good.

I don't watch their streams but I will open it up incase I have some sort of connection issue or they are using consoles to communicate post match.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited March 2021
    Options

Excuse me, but it's very easy to hide the part where the names are shown or make them blur... so actually, there's no excuse.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I'm ok with it, I often watch the VODs to improve my gameplay. Only problem is when the streamer is an a-hole that insults me/gets salty afterwards. It rarely happens, but it does- I had a Fog Whisperer call me a dumb ######### in game because I kept taking protection hits- while running MoM, SG and a styptic. Real nice guy.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 219
    Options

Streamers should be shamed and shunned. I dodge them whenever I see them.

• Hnetu
    Hnetu Member Posts: 12
    Options

Doesn't ever bother me, but some of the replies here solidify that I'm making the correct decision to not broadcast it if/when I stream my gameplay.

Someone has to be doing something especially egregious for me to care, and even then the times I've thought to check... I can't even remember the streamer's name anymore so it must not have been that important.

Some people stream, I don't let it faze me.

• lolololol
    lolololol Member Posts: 106
    Options

Yeah I don’t find it enjoyable when you get a streamer with his swf buddies talking smack about you to a whole other audience of ppl because you missed a hatchet. Ntm leaking your account name and getting spammed with hate mail from die hard fans because you won against that streamer..

there is no win-win senecio.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

There kind of is, having huge parts of your screen blurred at all times is incredibly annoying while livestreaming, you also have to have multiple parts of your screen blurred at a time because the name show up in different place, the lobby, in game & the end game screen. Honestly the dbd community is ridiculous because no other community goes after streamers as hard, especially considering there's literal legal talk in this thread arguing if you have the right to terminate content because your 3d model is in someone's game.

Genuinely so embarrassed by this community is not even funny

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170
    Options

Idc personally but one thing ive noticed is these nobody TTVs always rage and have a million excuses as to why they lost and when they win its "haha stoopid get gud". None of the big DBD streamers are really like this though.

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 112
    Options

I faced a very popular streamer once as a survivor. It was by far the worst match that week, killer was absolutely toxic, facecamped the first guy caught at 4 gens then after we popped another we saved him. Got hard tunneled to death (he outlasted his ds in the chase too). I'm sorry David.

Once he died, the lovely streamer did the same thing to me and the others. It was live on Twitch and the chat was constantly bad mouthing us, though I admit the streamer wasnt (I checked the stream after I saw the killer's name). Don't remember the addons, I rarely check them but build was bbq, ruin, undying (before rework), overcharge. Not sure why bbq and overcharge since he got no use out of either. Just stood still in front of the hooks even when no surv was nearby to save. I knew (David had kindred) and streamer knew (was doc and blasted often).

However, I also have good experiences too. Once I was survivor I met a lovely ttv Jane. I had aftercare and she knew about it. Once she figured out I had multiple people collected with it, she would use gestures to communicate with me and we organized some really cool things.

Once I was killer I met a youtuber playing Steve and that was awesome too, we had fun chases. I let him go at the end because he deserved it.

Overall, I had both good and bad experiences with streamers. I don't really mind seeing a ttv in lobby, helps if I can rewatch a match.

But it is always better to play with smaller names. I faced two fog whisperers so far (both live) and one was annoying, another was full on toxic in end game chat, baiting salty comments (noone replied but dude spammed us for a good minute or two despite getting a 4k with iri huntress).

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

If I'm Bubba, facecamp them - If I'm not Bubba, 50/50, always watch the vod and pop in though. Met many good friends and found some lovely content creators through facecamping them on their stream, I've found it's a very easy way to judge what a person is like

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

This. They have a crowd to entertain and some do it to the detriment of a type of player or a way people play.

Things like console players are bad drive me up the wall even though I know it shouldn't, it sets this bar I have to play well or be labelled by this guy who really isn't as good of a person as he and his followers think.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147
    Options

I don’t mind - in fact, I’m actually pretty nosy, so I like to go back and watch the streams from their perspective to see how my play looked. You learn lots of valuable stuff by watching someone else’s view like that!

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I don't mind versing streamers even though streamers typically act like they were special.

Usually I'll watch the match from their POV and follow them if they're behaving like normal, humble human beings - which is incredibly rare amongst streamers.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

I love it cause i have the opportunity to watch my perfomance from another angle afterwards. I also go into uber-perfomance mode when people watch me, although this can mean that i'm tense and nervous during the game. I also find their opinion and comments on my playstyle interesting. Last week i played against one guy who said that i was a very good Wraith. After i watched the game i stayed at his stream and we had a little chat about Dbd. Also i once played against a russian streamer with over 6000 hours and his friends at Saloon, was an easy 4k although i feared to get obliterated.

But i also had bad experiences, some ukrainian streamer with around 500 viewers made me DC at Ormond (not exactly him but his friends), the chat freaked out about it and made fun of me. It was the time with disabled DC penalty so i took this route instead of going to basement or a corner, i just didn't want to drag this match out needlessly. They were all very good and after they finished the 4th gen they just came to me and tried to bully me :(

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

How can I watch streams if I have their name? Just enter into Twitch?

I had a match last night with 2 man streaming SWF. I was just trying to do a rift challenge of initiating a chase within 10 seconds of Spies from Shadows activating. I used Doctor figuring Static Blast and TR will get survivors running (with Lerys as map offering lol) and it worked. I saw the TTV and got a little discouraged, but ended up 4k.

I don't mind being streamed, I just hope I give them a fun match.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Almost no one live stream but record their own good plays but even so, you can do it, it's not that different to save a setting and change it every now and then.

About the legal discussion, I'd say it's rather healthy, as a third person you have the right of what you want others to show. It's like if a reporter start recording you, you have the legal resources to tell them to stop since you have not agreed to that. On internet there's the anonymous part but you still need some protection. You won't like me to sell some of your pics. Would you?

And yes, a game might sounds harmless in that aspect but it's not, many people have been harrassed just because their favourite streamer was killed by them and that is or it should be illegal.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I "generally" wouldn't do anything I'm ashamed of and am not so proud to not own my mistakes in game.

so getting my gameplay streamed wouldn't bother me one bit.

Hell, I stream my own stuff myself sometimes and cringe when I look at the mistakes I made later. LOL

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

"change is every so often"

You mean changing it hundreds of times a stream because you going into lobbies, then into game, then into end game, and having to change it every time, it's not just "every so often" it's constantly.

This is the virtual world, it's not your identity or likeness on display, it has no similarities to someone in person harassing you with a camera and someone recording a game from their own perspective where your 3D character shows up, not even close to being the same.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,806
    Options

I prefer the streamers who block out other players' names so that they don't get harassed. If they do that, then I don't care if they stream our games and make fun of me -- I'll never watch the video and I won't ever know.

When I first started playing, there was part of me that felt a producer's instinct to try to make sure the video was interesting, if I knew someone was streaming it, but that went away pretty fast. Now I play exactly the same way, no matter what.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Idk but if they are shouting out their TTV in their name you bet they are getting stream sniped they are basically asking for it at that point

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

same here the one in my game constantly body blocked and pallet nudged me twice, was a fog whisperer also, maybe its one rule for them

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,678
    Options

Wait you mean you don't keep EU law bookmarked when you're not a lawyer who needs to know it constantly for their job?? Smh unbelievable how could you

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Honestly I love it I can check thje VOD and see why some mindgames didn't work and I see the game from their perspective. I really don't get the whole "hehe I tunnel and facecamp people just because they are trying to make entertaining content" and I think its really stupid not only are you showng yourself as being a toxic ######### to all of their viewers but like why do people care so much they are just trying to entertain their viewers. I treat them like normal players and if they are toxic I will be toxic back same way I play against normal players.

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504
    Options

No because it always ends the same way. In a steering pile of [BAD WORD]

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,780
    Options

Unless the streamer is "that" person then i have zero complaints

• Voriis
    Voriis Member Posts: 131
    Options

I used to not mind being in games involing streamers. Then i had a bad interaction in red dead online where i killed a streamer in defense, then him and his viewers spammed my Rockstar inbox calling a pedophile and other obscenities. So now i just leave games if i see a streamer.