Huntress is a crutch killer

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Yes, you can. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

I know, that is why I said I am of two minds. It's the same thing that keeps me from bubba face camping people with a macro flashlight Lol.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

He isn't fluffy but he's still approved by the Cute Fluffy Animal King.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

I'm on PC, but to be fair I don't play with a crosshair

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

If Huntress is balanced right now, I would hate seeing something you would deem unbalanced. Iri-Heads is just icing on the cake.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

I will gladly take huntress over death slinger any day.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

I disagree I play huntress and against plenty of them.

The hatchets are easy to dodge

Iv had many players in red ranks that walk all over my huntress.

I admit the hit boxes can be a bit of but most of that is to do with latancy so rather than moan about a killer moan about the servers

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Ah have you ever abused old lullaby funniest ######### ive ever seen. I was on gas heaven and the dude was a twitch streamer who was chasing me around the fuel station. I was circling the building and cars and planting myself in a position that was always the max distance the huntress was approaching from. Anytime she tried to cut me off an go back the way she came I just went the other way the place was a near infinite. We won that 3 v 1 and holy hell was the dude frustrated. Ya no lullaby being directional was super problematic when fully abused but again good hearing was the key which isn't really a skill survivors train

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Animals can be cute even if they don't have fur! That right there is a valuable life lesson that I hope everyone learns.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

That's how I remember it... Idk where we started trailing off on huntress. So... Ribeye is good.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Lots of people don't understand that a forum Is a conversation, not an echo chamber.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Ain't u the same guy got found on steam forum that u downed in a live stream as meg in 5 seconds? How about l2p and git gud? If u r on open ground going left and right it's not esay to land a hit, and if u r looping aroung LT , just fake window or pallet, it will takes more than 3 loops if the killer ever tried to use her hatch for once, and if u r looping in a short loop she can only M1

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I honestly don't know what to say to you tbh In all the years I've played this game I've never known someone think basekit huntress is unbalanced.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

I'm on console and no we don't. I normally just wait until they are on the center of my screen.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Faced off against an Iri Head/Infantry belt Huntress running NOED and proxy camping hooks tonight. They were not a well-ranked Huntress and it showed -- they landed maybe one or two hatchets the whole game. We were a 4-person SWF (one Red Rank, 2 Rank 5's, and a relatively new player joining us who was yellow rank) -- we ended up with a pretty easy four person escape (and even as a Red Rank survivor before reset, I'm just not that good and likely boosted, so it's not like I'm some God-tier survivor by any stretch of the imagination). If that had been a skilled Huntress, it would have been a different story (because Iri Head is problematic with the Belt), but you still need skill to be successful with her, clearly.

So yeah, Huntress is completely OP and unbalanced, obviously, lol. File that thinking right alongside the Flat Earth theory as about as credible. 🤣

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95

Whenever I play against a Huntress they're usually complete garbage and mistime all their throws... They're a low to mid tier killer at best, I never see high rank huntresses any more.

I used to think the huntress was complete B.S. as well, for a very long time, but once I watched a few people counter-play her and I played her myself you realize that a mistimed wind up is her biggest weakness.

The trick is to listen for her wind up and make sure you're in a position where you can fake going in to a bottle necked area and then quickly dart over to the left or right... for example, the shack door.

Pretend like you're going to run through it then turn around and fake it at the last second... They always aim for the door ways / narrow corridors because it's a guaranteed hit and it gives them something to aim for.

You can do this with pallets as well... pretend like you're going to go through a pallet and go around it or dart off to the left or right, THEN run through it and slam it to create distance..

Never slam a pallet before a wind up either...always follow through and keep your loops tight.

If you have to slam the pallet because she's in melee distance, hold the duck button after the slam, it will increase the chance of you not being hit by 50%.... it beats standing upright and getting a hatchet in the face and it works more often than you think because their hatchet usually clips the pallet and disappears.

She's all timing... If you can learn to look behind you when you run and listen for her grunt while watching her hand as you're running, she's much easier to deal with than most killers. A missed throw opens up huge opportunities for you.

The only time huntresses are B.S. is when they have the iridescent head equipped... then it's pretty much a G.G because you can't really make a mistake. If she has to hit you twice you have a chance to correct what you did wrong and make better plays and waste her time.

Keep distance, keep the camera behind you 70% of the time and listen for her grunts so you can prepare a juke... that's all you can do. If she gets in melee range, slam a pallet and duck...rinse and repeat.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

"Playing 3 games already this morning and it was Huntress every game, I'm already done. I'm going to eat my cereal and leave the rest to endure that. It's pretty clear Huntress is a crutch killer as much as it is spammed constantly. When something is used that much, it means there is a problem. Hatchets that are unavoidable and uncounterable, killers crutch on things that have no counterplay to gain a massive unfair advantage. But lets make it a huge priority to nerf a fair survivor perk again and leave Huntress in her busted state. Too many hatchets to make up for mistakes with almost no cooldown, mammoth hitboxes that are too forgiving and gigantic, a lullaby that is non-directional. Broken."

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited March 2021

I’d say she’s also behind killers like Blight and maybe Spirit?? Then again, having good aim is a different kind of skill in comparison to what’s required of a good Blight or Spirit.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I didnt mean whether you can bully a troll or not. I meant when he thinks this topic is a joke, then you cant bullying him with saying the topic is a joke. It would be bullying when someone would say his honest opinion is a joke, but thats not the case.

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179

@mods I post bait once and almost get banned instantly, this dude posts bait every single day and never gets banned?

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

Huntress is not a crutch killer if we're gonna start talking about crutches don't even start with the ammount of crutch perks survivours can use huntress is nothing.

Before complaining about a killer go play that killer against a full r1 swf.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Whenever I play Huntress I feel so cheap. I'm always like "What THAT hit?"... her hitboxes are insane, even with perfect latency her hitbox is garbage and should be adjusted. They already did that once but Huntress mains cried because they ACTUALLY HAD TO HIT SHOTS FOR ONCE and then the devs reverted the change.

The server latency makes current hatchets unbearable and considering how much a deathslinger has to aim it's time to adjust huntress' hatchet hitboxes again!

Left: current one

Right: Changed (accurate) one

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

I get the feeling Sluzzy isn’t serious, hence the massive exaggerations. They just love creating a storm.

Also I was looking at the dbd stats website the other day and I saw a Sluzzy on there, if its the same player (and very likely it is) they’re in the top 150 players in terms of stats. Not including private profiles.

I think sluzzy can run rings around most killers.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74

Sounds like someone is bad against the Huntress! Lol!

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited March 2021

Why is someone who does nothing but make troll and bait posts capable of making almost 1500 total posts not banned? Do we give "good" trolls who aren't totally obvious and fake ignorance passes here?

• rhys17
    rhys17 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2021

honestly huntress is fine as is i just think that her add ons could use some tweaking as well as the removal of her exhaustion hatchets and changes to iri head, but all in all she is pretty fair in my opinion

I understand if you are in a map like rotten fields you can be at a disadvantage with the amount of open space that there is in a map like that but i wouldn't say that the huntress is busted

an as for hitboxes that is more or less a connection issue or a server issue tbh

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
  • IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Not sure if such an unpopular opinion thats factually incorrect is even considered a "hot take"?

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

If anyone is a crutch killer it's blight since he has what most resembles a crutch. Huntress uses axes, not crutches

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • ttvbardberd
    ttvbardberd Member Posts: 144

Yeah but you're the same person who runs Moris and tunnels streamers out the game just because you've a few bad experiences with them. Imagine hating an entire group of people and treating them differently just because they're different from you. Sounds like someone from the history books👀

• Lady_MJ
    Lady_MJ Member Posts: 5

Huntress needs skill. Now Freddy or Bubba? Lmao THEY carry killers. Her hitboxes are ######### but you can loop her for days once she's out of hatchets. Only thing broken is the hitbox and that ir head. Other than that if you're getting bodied it's because you suck or the person playing her is actually good.

Sometimes you have to admit you suck. Either get better and learn or shut up and play casually.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I can agree about Freddy and Bubba. Bubba was really buffed too much and with a lack of pallets he really is too easy to play now. Maybe I do suck but whenever I see a Huntress everybody apparently sucks. Nobody lasts longer than a few seconds. And when does a Huntress run out of hatchets? Sometimes I get lucky enough to manage to juke the horrible hitboxes for 4 hatchets and then the last one hits me. She's really too forgiving for mistakes.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Did you even play Huntress when they changed the Hatchet hitboxes?

There were problems like consistently not being able to hit people vaulting windows

If we want more accurate hitboxes then we would have to completely rework survivor hitboxes aswell which would be WAY to much work

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206

get good dude. either that or leave the game. you are just an entitled survivor at this point.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Reading this leads me to believe that Stretch Armstrong and a Reach toothbrush have had a child.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Nice bait. This is a bait, right? XD

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

You mean like people who hate lawyers? Because you can't seriously be trying to compare a chosen profession to something a person cannot change... Right?

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

Oh Sluzzy, what would the forums do without you and your top tier bait tactics. Kinda surprised more people havnt caught on to you yet.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Huntress is one of the highest skill killers in game only behind Nurse

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

I don't know who OP is but I already love him for making these sorts of threads

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited March 2021

I would not doubt that the gameplan is to sow dissent, mark people for moderation, and laugh at the bans...given how these topics seem to be turning out.

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

lol huntress a crutch killer. Even the most brain dead survivor can easily dodge her hatchets and that’s all she has going for her is her hatchets, which are very avoidable. Most times when I go up against her she can’t land a hit on me with her hatchets and just has to M1, making her unique skill worthless

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

i thought huntress mains have really good aim and you need to learn aim in order to play huntress as well as end loops very quickly to throw hatchets- i mean is she really a crutch killer or are you still whining about how you lost those three games- i mean come on you have laurie strode as your pfp

• papichulo
    papichulo Member Posts: 271

i like how he brings up huntress as crutch killer but completely leaves spirit outta this. he probably a spirit main-

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I really enjoy Huntress, though O.o It's fun smacking her then watching her throw a tantrum XD It improves my day :D

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

I thought this thread had died. Got another laugh out of it, so I guess it did its work.