Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This forum has become a massive echo chamber

Zixology
Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

We all know it. Despite most people not wanting to admit it.

If literally anything pro-survivor comes up in these forums, it gets absolutely ransacked by the forums majority.

If something related to both sides comes up, the survivor part gets ignored and the killer side gets praised.

This whole site is just one big circle jerking echo chamber now. The mentality is "Killer = Good, Survivor = Bad".

No ideas can be shared and nothing can be said unless it's pro-killer and anti-survivor.

Hell, I bet 99% of you didn't even read this far. The second you read "pro-survivor", you tuned out, tightened your big boy pants, pushed up your glasses, cracked your fingers and were ready to tell off the "toxic survivor main" who posted this.

Ffs... It's like I'm not even allowed to play both sides anymore.

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Dunno from my recent experience it doesn't seem too echochamber-like to me

I had some neat discussion about infectious fright and nerfing it, same with nerfing freddy yesterday

If you could provide some examples of what you're talking about, I'd like to better understand where you're coming from

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

This forum is a massive conduit for people playing a video game to feel sorry for themselves for being oPpREssEd by the existence of other people who play the video game?

No kidding.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Very true.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I see both sides represented--not equally, but I do see both sides being pissy about things with their side backing them up and the other vilifying them.

Sorry you feel burnt-out on it, though. Try having some good old-fashioned hang-out time with your friends and come back to this mess later, yeah?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,839

Yeah its pretty circle jerky. Unfortunate which is why I stick to discord.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Survivor op

Nerf now

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

A lot of killer mains come on here to complain and seek validation from other killer mains.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

In terms of thread-making I don't think there's a massive difference, you get Killer complaints and Survivor complaint threads, but in terms of replies/upvotes, it's salty Killers all the way down.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

nah, the only reason why killer threads get more upvotes is because survivors are not used to kindness.

Add a "tbag at the exit gate" button and I'm sure survivor posts will be voted as well!

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

I’ve heard rumours there’s a couple of post about noed. They’re usually anti killer pro survivor

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

That's not true, many of us play both sides and will put our opinions across to benefit either side when we feel it's needed. But thanks for labelling us all the same, that's a great way to get people on your side lol.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Probably because anything pro-survivor that comes up involves more second chances, or nerfing the only viable killers because they're "not fun".

Survivor doesn't need buffs, it just needs some QOL changes to reduce the negatives and some changes to bring solo in line with SWF. A good example would be a totem counter, or a way to share info like in Junds video. This would buff solo and wouldn't really affect SWF. You could also make BT distance related rather than TR so that Freddy and stealth killers couldn't get away with camping. These would make solos and duos more powerful, reduce some of the unfun aspects of survivor such as surprise NOED or camping, and it wouldn't overpower the current rank 1 swfs.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

This forum is a massive echo chamber for people like you who think the forum is an echo chamber that favors killers when in reality there is equally as much annoying, useless complaining on both sides.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2021

lmao it was always like that, from the moment I entered this place it was filled with threads about how the evil x mains ruin the experience of the game.

80% killer jerk, 20% survivor jerk. It gets ######### tiring seeing someone ######### and moan in every other thread about the side they don't like.

The forums are a joke but it's the best we have I think.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I certainly don't see it, I get just as much praise/hate for any of my opinions. Proof would be nice if you're going to make these kinds of claims, and I'm talking a study over a year or so of threads that take aitno accounts patches with heavy buffs/nerfs to one side.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Yeah,i feel like OP hasn't been around for too long.

How else could you NOT see all the threads of killers AND survivors complaining

For example:

-A person complains about dead hard and you'll see survivors mains telling you to just bait the dead hard

-Another person complains about NOED and you'll see killer mains to just do the bones

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited March 2021

The millionth thread on this. Next up killer mains will complain the devs are survivor sided and then immediately get "bashed" as well. I see it happen to both sides. I think the answer is obvious. Ppl disagree with ideas and will give their disagreements.

Also to be fair, most of the "pro-to-a-side" ideas are kinda... Not really fair for both sides. Most of them would basically kill the perks/killers. For example, DS probably needed a change but the devs made it an even more circumstantial perk. Same thing with Moris. They probably needed a change but the devs just made them meh. The good ideas generally follow this trend. The absolutely terrible ideas are much worse. It's why dbd powers always seems to trend toward mediocrity or extremely circumstantial abilities.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I feel like this game would be so much better than it is if people could have civil discussions and bring forth their ideas on how to bring this game as close to balanced as possible. Half these posts I read just seem like post game rants because someone had a bad game and can't just move on from their loss.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Including this post.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

On the contrary. Any time I suggest a killer buff or killer perk change, shot down. So either the killer mains are sleeping while I make those posts, or this forum is actually mostly survivor sided.