The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it so difficult to get professional developer answers

DecisiveDwight
DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Yea hi you probably all remember my post yesterday

So I decided to try and get support from devs to find out if it's actually reportable and what do I find the support team that I spoke to sent me to this forum's rules page and I have already seen that however it's so unclear it says slugging is non reportable except this wasn't slugging this was mass slugging. Any other game has clear rules that if you do these things you're gone but not dead by daylight the rules are too flexible they need to update their rules otherwise too many toxic people will get away with this kind of thing.

And to conclude this rant I say devs if by some miracle you read this fix your damn game before another company launches one of the same kind because there's will most likely be better and your game will die.

Also on a sidenote this is no just about rules it's about all that is wrong with the game currently.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• DecisiveDwight

Why just why have a match as killer if all you're going to do is sit there and slug everyone without hooking them? Do you forget that there are other people playing that actually want to have fun in this game leaving us on the floor bleeding out is rage inducing because we have to watch our bars slowly deplete as we die and shame on the devs for allowing this kind of play! Some of us just want to play a small game to have fun but no I now have to wait 4 mins because I refused to give the killer the satisfaction of watching me bleed out!

• DecisiveDwight

Not moaning about the penalty I'm moaning that killers can slug an entire team with no penalty! Oh but as soon as us survivors stop working on gens it ruins everything and devs can ban us!

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Unfortunately some killers play like that. It’s boring and should be penalised more but all you can do now is go do something else while bleeding out

They get like no points anyway and will probably depip so take some joy in that I guess

• DecisiveDwight

Yea shame on them they're quick to say survivors who don't do gens and just sneak around are holding games hostage but what about killers slugging an entire team yes it's only 4 whole mins but it should be just as frowned upon as walking around not doing gens

• LeatherFeather
    LeatherFeather Member Posts: 53

Yea in this game you can get a penalty for steam server crash or just dbd error so yea

• LeatherFeather
    LeatherFeather Member Posts: 53

People gave up on hooks anyway so no Im not fine for getting to wait few minutes and losing rank not for not my own mistake or my own connection which is great.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

You literally gave the killer the satisfaction of making a survivor DC, thats literally what he wanted

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Wow. I didn't know... What do they get?

I don't DC because for me is encouraging them to do it again to someone else as I feel like they go in hoping someone will DC but I did leave a game with a huntress and a death hatchet addon that slugged all thinking if I DC, she wouldn't get sacrifice points and only points for brutality

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    • Killers are now awarded bonus points if a Survivor disconnects (625 Brutality Points)
    • Killers are now awarded sacrifice points if a Survivor leaves the game (1,250 Sacrifice Points)

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Bloodpoints

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

you should not need perks to counter toxic behaviour and killers letting 4 survivors bleed out on the ground instead of hooking would be banned in any other game for griefing.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

this was a very old take. If a lot of the more integral perks were basekit (but weak) abilities, it would solve most of the problems. If anyone could 99 themselves to like "stable and ready to be helped up" and then do another bar to then get up, that would solve slugging entirely. Unbreakable would then work for actively wanting to get up, and they could even buff the res increase. Self care is already slow enough that it could almost be basekit. So many people would waste time with it, but it would be an option. The self care perk could then actually be decent again. A lot of people say the same thing about sabo, now that saboing is so weak as is. It would take a long ######### time, and wouldnt last very long, but it would once again, make items feel impactful

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Thank you so much!

They basically get the points regardless like we do if they DC.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Waw that killer was being a community hero by helping survivors do that one difficult tome challenge and here you are complaining about it.

For shame. For shame

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

They need to give option to speed up bleed out timer if a killer slugs a survivor for too long. Have it be if survivor recovers to find help they can start speeding up the bleed out timer. Can speed up hook that is only 2 minutes but not bleed out that is twice as long.

• JasmineDragon

Jesus Im not saying bring it back to 2017 levels. Just let you replace a brown toolbox with a perk slot. You would NEVER get that off in a chase in red ranks. Especially since you wouldn't have add ons. And a lot of people don't know how or when to heal as is, the primary reason self care is terrible in its current state. How about instead of being a troll trying to poke holes in anything, add something constructive to a discussion about balancing. Theres no need for toxicity rn my guy

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427

Funny. I think you are the troll who tries to balance the game around your own skill instead of play in ranks you belong into or just learn from mistakes and adapt. Perks being baseline is not helpfull at all, you are completly blinded by your own rage from some recent games that you forget what it would do across all ranks and across some of the weaker killers that need any help they can get. So sorry "my guy" you are not seeing the whole picture but just focusing on your own problems.

• JasmineDragon

I don't need selfcare to stay in red ranks. Inner strength is a far better perk for healing especially with how common sloppy seems to be rn :/

General comfort is general comfort. Even if self care replaced a medkit I still dont think it would make healing this "super easy thing to do". Unless you think a brown medkit is suddenly game breaking? Especially at the cost of a perk slot? I think you're just looking for an excuse to be angry rn

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Should i leave as soon as i knew I'm against SWF? Because 90% of my games against them are very unfun.

• Yumyumtasty

There is a difference between slugging and letting everybody bleed out on purpose after a onesided match while nodding your head knowing you're wasting 4 people's time on purpose instead of just hooking them and getting it over with.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

The solution to slugging is already in the game, and its not a perk. Its teamwork, when someone gets slugged a healthy person should go get agro, then another should pick up the slug while the first person runs the killer.

Its a 4v1, use the advantage that survivors can be in 4 different places at a time.

• Yumyumtasty

The OP mentions specifically not hooking the slugged people which is not any tactic, it's just griefplay.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Just go drop a deuce instead of dcing.

I honestly like it being a challenge to try to crawl to hatch . Makes things more interesting.

If you don't like being slugged, bring something to not be slugged. You have options

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    edited March 2021

What's that? You don't want to waste minutes of your time doing nothing when you have a limited time to enjoy gaming before real life hammers you with its mundane nature again?

Well tough #########. This is dead by daylight, where the rules to have fun are dictated by adult children that firmly believe you should not care about other people's fun but you should definitely be punished if you don't consider their fun. You want to leave early so you can maximize your fun in this game you love? Too bad

Got slugged for four minutes? Just do something else! You've been waiting all day to play dead by daylight and that's what you want to do for the next hour? HAH! Enjoy your timeout you troglodyte! 12% of your time now gone as a slug, and probably 12% more in queues waiting for another man-child to show you how a TRUE MASTER plays. About 25% of your precious DBD hour you were looking forward to now gone. But hey, at least you got to do an EXCITING crawl to the finish and hopefully find hatch (you won't).

DC penalty has not fixed anything. Survivors that are dicks suicide on hook. Killers have to endure 10 minutes of taunting. Normal survivors have to suffer some kiddie tantrum killer's whims because they had the audacity to play solo. All that to please people who don't care about others anyway.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Yumyumtasty

Absolutely agree and I love how all of the people here assume this is about normal slugging and not some manchild scratching his sweaty armpits while slobbering at the thought of pissing random people with less time off by leaving them on the ground until they either disconnect or leave.

• DecisiveDwight

I really don't think many of you get it the KILLER put everyone int9 dying state and so no one could get up and help anyone because WE WERE ALL SLUGGED so yea I'm the bad guy because I chose to leave a match that was stupid and not fun when a killer slugs one or two people it's understandable maybe he's waiting for D'S to run out but a team of 4 who hasn't been hooked at all! Really?

And to the toxic a holes who agree with this you're the reason this game is in the state it is survivors are toxic because killers are toxic and vice versa maybe if you all just shut up about git gud and played for fun once in a while you might realise how crappy it feels to be solo survivor or new killer!

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

Again, what stops you from hanging up the survivors and ending the game instead of letting all 4 bleed out on the ground at 5 gens?

If some NEET who felt he got "bullied" by a 4man SWF who was just having some fun thinks he's a hero by getting a 4 man slug and then essentially holding the game as long as possible so the SWF has to wait for their mates instead of just queuing up again i ask you this: Who's the salty loser in that situation.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DecisiveDwight

This was not a bad game this was toxic and the player should be banned for griefing

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Sounds like four survivors failed to evade the killer and keep each other up off the ground. By the third survivor someone should have realized maybe I should pick up one of the other two.

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

So the NEET who needs to make a game which he already won miserable for everybody involved is totally not a loser, your logic is flawless.

The game needs a surrender option like identity V and this would not be an issue at all.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I could see most people actively not choosing to surrender. I would never surrender myself. If a killer is going to let us bleed out I will make him have to wait.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

If I am getting slugged, i'll go outside, take a bathroom break, grab a snack, watch Youtube until it's over, there's more fun things to do then wait out a 4 min timer, staring at nothingness.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited March 2021

Do you die when you bleed out?

Yes

Ergo, he's meeting his goal he's playing the game - playing the game itself is not toxic.

If he was cornering you then going AFK, I might be a bit more sympathetic.

Here's the ironic part - it takes you 4 minutes to bleed out total.... which matches the time of your ban. You ate the 4 minutes either way. Assuming he was looking to troll, you gave him exactly what he wanted by disconnecting. Congratulations, you played yourself!

LEAVING THE GAME FOR ANY REASON OUTSIDE OF A BUG IS NEVER JUSTIFIED

The fact you lbanned tells me this isn't your only offense. Indeed, you seem to be making a habit of it as these bans are based on a percentage of games you quit. Therefore, I have no sympathy for you. In fact, I would encourage you to consider finding a different game to play.

• Yumyumtasty

The goal of the game is to kill the survivors, not leave them on the ground when u already won just to gloat. And no don't tell me that those people are afraid of kobe's if the whole team is still on 5 gens and got crushed in less than 2 minutes.

The equivalent would be keeping your boxing enemy who can still barely stand, who never hit you once for the full 10 rounds while taunting him. It's idiotic.

• Yumyumtasty
    edited March 2021

The goal is to kill the survivor by hooks, not slug all 5 and leave them to bleed out with 0 hooks done the entire match while you run around and nod at each person on the ground, if you don't think that's toxic at all then you're delusional.

This discussion has been closed.