Is Smash Hit going to auto-win chases?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695

Smash Hit seems like it will be pretty nutty when I think about it @_@

Comments

• Raccoon

You can also force it to get to a fairly distant loop/map area (killer swings / takes stun / may or may not break pallet) where it's not worth it to chase you without wasting too much time in chase / away from gens. Assuming the survivor gets healed before their next encounter, they could just do it again until the killer commits - Probably not too crazy with one player, but if it's a team-wide strategy, it could be a very serious time waster.

This is just theory-craft, though.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I agree, doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem. I could see it pairing well with power struggle or any means necessary.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yea you have to think about how in game interactions will work with it. You don't respect pallets and the survivor gets the stun and sprints bursts away for 4 seconds so you have to drop the chase. You respect the pallet and the survivor gets to loop it even longer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Smash Hit is... It's not a distance gaining perk, it's a chase ending perk. You get about 3.5 seconds of speed boost with a 2 second stun on the killer, who probably has to also either break the pallet or walk around the loop.

I am not taking off Spirit Fury/Enduring for the next month.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

depends on the killer but it can win a lot of chases if used right or not played around properly

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

No one will use the perk anyway. Survivors will still stick to what's already meta.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Lol. For real though. Why even conserve pallets? Throw them early amd often.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Lol. Even most swamp maps have at least 12 pallets. Some very safe pallets as well. AutoHaven is bad with pallets? First I've heard that. Hawkins has a ton of pallets. Not all safe but plenty enough to just drop and create distance. You can definitely drop pallets early and often. Even if you used every pallet, at least 3 gens are popping before you get hooked. And there are still plenty of jungle gyms, t walls, and building loops to use too. Conserving pallets is a fool's game.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

1) Give me your Swamp matches because, killer or survivor, I'm lucky to see 9.

2) Not all of Autohaven (though it's a very RNG heavy realm), just Wretched Shop in particular. That's why I said Shop and not Autohaven.

3) The fact that bloodlust exists kinda makes pre-dropping and then running on Hawkins pretty bad. Dropping every pallet also isn't a good idea for obvious reasons in that you've dropped every pallet.

4) T-walls and jungle gyms on Hawkins? We playing the same game here?

The fact of the matter is, when you're a solo survivor, you have absolutely no idea what resources your teammates have left you, so you have to be conservative with the ones you can find, especially when the rank 14 baby meg decides shack pallet has to go down when her Spine Chill flickers slightly.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

I don't get it. You get stunned for 1 second, the survivor gets a 4 second sprint burst. Spirit fury/enduring will still be useless against this. Better to use consider the chase lost.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

1 second doesn't change this perk from okay to op

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Like others have said, killers respect unsafe pallets so you won't be able to get the speed burst there.. and when it comes to safe pallets, you don't want to leave them. But then again, if you do leave a safe pallet, by the time the killer breaks it, you're LONG gone.

Strong exhaustion perk, just counter-intuitive to what you want to do with it though and what you should do to play optimally.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

1 second doesn't change this perk from okay to op

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Given the sheer amount of pallets on most maps, it's better than literally nothing.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Huntress literally will not care

Pyramid Head still gets free hits with pallet drops

Demo, Billy, Bubba and Blight wont get hit in their power unless the survivor times the pallet drop perfectly

Nurse is...Nurse.

Corrupt Purge Plague will hit over the pallet if you make it there

Doctor can prevent the pallet drop entirely

Blood Fury Oni will eat the pallet

Deathslinger can shoot to either force the drop or gain a hit.

you can maybe crush Victor, but im sure it wouldnt trigger Smash Hit (ironic)

and everyone is forgetting that literally half the time: the killer hits the survivor through a pallet even though they get "stunned"

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'll miss being running enduring/spirit fury on clown

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79

I think you'll find it used in conjunction with dead hard so they either can extend the chase or end it immediately.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

That'd be a complete waste to use two exhaustion perks at the same time (not counting Adrenaline, obviously).

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's without a doubt the best distance gainer out of all the exhaustion perks.

Sprint burst for example gains you 18m (6m/s times 3 seconds) - 13.8 (4.6 times 3) = 4.2 meters of extra distance if the killer follows you

This perk is 21m (6 times 3.5) - 0 cause the killer is stunned for the first 1.5 seconds of the duration and then either has to break the pallet or walk around it. That's 5 times as much distance.

And while yes the killer can avoid it by respecting pallets there is a reason killers don't respect pallets now. Every time you respect a pallet you give the survivor a free dead hard for distance.

It probably won't be better then the current meta cause this perk is useless vs ranged killers and other power heavy killers like nurse and spirit cause they rarely get pallet stunned.

But it's still pretty good. Definitivily the strongest survivor perk released in a long time. Going to make life of a lot of m1 killers hell

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

If you can get a stun at an unsafe pallet, it's a lot of distance but nothing commitment won't solve. However, at strong loops, you rarely will want to abandon the loop until they break the pallet.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Actually, if you are healthy and force killer to m1 you at the pallet and stun them at the same time, you will gain so much distance you will be on the other side of the map before they regain control from the stun lock.

• Raccoon

People are really missing the fact that a healthy survivor can force it whenever they want (about to lose loop) by standing on the outside of a pallet vs any M1 killer.

Additionally, people saying you can do the same thing with Lithe are really missing the picture / applicable scenarios.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Not really enduring is a soft counter and you need to get to the pallet to use it unlike dead head where e to achieve destination

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
  • Raccoon

Enduring or not, you're still stuck on the opposite side of the pallet, requiring a break or movement to mitigate.

DH will probably still be king, but it'll be very interesting to see this park's usage in the coming days.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yes but it takes the survivor a halfish second before they can run

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

Still better than other exhaustion perks. The killer isn't going the break the pallet if it's weak or you'll literally go across the map, no joke. Run this perk with Any Means Necessary and you got a strong new perk combo.

• E_Lemon_Ation
    E_Lemon_Ation Member Posts: 3

Honestly, a little extra reward for a little extra risk, the perk will probably be fine. If it's too much, than it will get fixed in a few months, but either way, every person running smash hit is one less person running the same bored E to outplay dead hard. I like the addition

• hak_kie
    hak_kie Member Posts: 12

If the sur can pull it off it'll be great. Really hurts the kill esp when being stunned by a pallet waste enough time as it is. I can see a lot of surv jus trying to hard to get this perk off and dying by trying to hard. If i had a quarter for every time a sur has dropped a pallet when i just stood right out of range. I'd be a RICH MAN

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Every nurse you face you will regret taking that over something useful like dead hard

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

I’m thinking endurance, spirits fury, that perk from the twins that gives you a longer lunge when you have a token on it, and hex blood favor Might be a part of a toolbox to counter that but will have to see

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Lithe is better. It can be used as many times as you can vault rather than however many pallets are available and MAYBE your pallet stun registers and triggers the perk. No Lithe is better definitely.

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103

Great won't be fun playing killer even more now

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79

You'd be surprised. Some really good survivors use balanced in conjunction with dead hard so they can make the best out of any situation.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Wait you are getting stunned by pallets