good builds for plague

Beefmur
Beefmur Member Posts: 261

obviously hex ruin undying but what else??

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I'm not exactly sure if Ruin+Undying is really good on her.

I think a good standard build on her is BBQ,Infectious Fright,Corrupt Intervention and Pop goes the Weasel

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    edited March 2021

Which Plague you gunna be? The one that is quick to make em sick or the one that sees the need to make them bleed?

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

The problem with Plague is that the game depends on the survivors, how often they choose to cleanse.

When they used to spend all game sick then thana would be useful also monitor, you'd often catch them by surprise and have short chases. Things like blood echo are useful too against survivors that refused to cleanse at all, throw in Pop as well for slowdown.

Or you get those groups that keep cleansing in which case thana and blood echo are completely wasted, monitor not as essential but something like infectious fright would be top tier. Maybe a chase perk or aura perk too.

I mostly play a safe build on plague. Corrupt, Pop, infectious....and I can't remember the last perk I think it's discordance, find 2 people together for quick infection. It's a generic build that kind of covers all bases.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Probably not a good build but PGTW, Thana, Dying Light and Ruin.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I'd say that thanatophobia is the best perk you can run on her. Dying light isn't that bad either since the altruistic action buff that the obsession gets isn't that big of a deal since you can rarely heal vs a plague (the one instance I can think of is with her only using red puke).

After that corrupt bbq is excellent, tho some people could argue that pop is exceptional as well.

• Chappy01
    Chappy01 Member Posts: 57

I like to run slowdown on plague since I feel she struggles with Gens getting done really quick.

Thanatophobia, oppression, surveillance, corrupt intervention

For add-ons, severed toe and hematite seal to punish surivors who try to finish infected gens.

Plague can also go full offense to try and snowball, for that I like to run

Infectious fright, deerstalker, then 2 anti loop perks.

Add-ons I like are the cool down recovery ones for vile purge. Really crucial for getting quick downs.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Ruin, Undying, Discordance and Infectious.

Try to infect everyone first and while you spread the damage, ruin will stop the gens. Then when everyone is injured use your fountain to snowball with Infectious.

When you waste your fountain and nobody cleanses you get a problem. Then you need to force a cleanse. When all survivor are injured they cant get a safe rescue.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

Hey @MadLordJack and @TheClownIsKing I know you both used to play a lot of Plague, you guys may wanna take this one

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Thanatophobia, Infectious Fright or Undying, BBQ, Ruin.

No point in healing against Plague, Thanatophobia is painful against her.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I use that, though I swap Ruin for either Infectious or Brutal.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited March 2021

Cheers.

I’m a big believer that her absolute best perks are still her 3 teachables. As far as perk design having impeccable synergy with a killers power, and how that killer should be played, Plague is the perfect example of this.

Corrupt Intervention - No other killer can exert the kind of control early game with Corrupt Intervention like Plague can. Prioritise infecting the 4 available gens, then patrol and get everyone infected ASAP, even if it means run n gun. Either survivors will respect the infected gens and won’t touch them, or Plague gets free, effortless injured state from survivors starting repairs on them anyway.

Dark Devotion - it’s no secret that Plague can’t mind game. The player can try, but it’s a total waste of time. Dark Devotion compensates this weakness. Whack or down the Obsession, then make the most of those 30 seconds trying to catch another survivor completely off guard. I guarantee that survivors start cleansing after being successfully hit or downed while Plague is Undetectable. The chaos and confusion this perk causes is a real joy, especially if the Obsession isn’t downed and have been allowed to run away.

Infectious Fright - needs little explanation. Plague can snowball like crazy against a bunch of survivors that have refused to cleanse, and are relatively close together. Plague only has to slug 2 or 3 survivors in succession with this perk before survivors realise they need to start cleansing.

4th perk can be anything except Sloppy or Coulrophobia. I like to use Blood Echo. Again because it encourages cleansing. They only need to be denied their dead hard once before they won’t let it happen again.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2021

blood echo, infectious fright, pop, thano.

use pop and thano to slow gens, doesn't matter if they cleanse since CP is strong.

Blood echo makes it so you don't have to deal with exhaustion perks after hooking someone and it encourages cleansing.

Infectious allows you to snowball easier in CP.

If you ever come across a corrupted fountain in your path use it, if ones near after hooking someone use it. Only do this if they are cleansing otherwise save your default fountains when you think you can get a good snowball.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Beefmur
    Beefmur Member Posts: 261

ive noticed that out of all killers i play people dc and complain the most about plague i dont even do well they just give up :/

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I use BBQ, Corrupt Int, M&A, Whispers. Works really well. Especially if they don’t cleanse

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Anything with discordance

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I have that happen to me too. Mostly when it’s survivors that refuse to cleanse, but keep going down anyway. They don’t want to give me CP, but they know they’re at a big disadvantage with me regularly managing to outmanoeuvre them while they’re broken.

So they DC when they go down again.

• Anzardinho
    Anzardinho Member Posts: 10

I use a kinda peculiar build on her, cuz it mostly fits my playstyle

-Barbecue and Chili - Gives me info on where to go after unhooking + who doesn't like double bp

-Discordance - I honestly get more value out of it than Corrupt Intervention during the start of the game, since most survivors I faced just hide during the timer + it just helps during the entire match on where to go and infect more people quicker

-Infectious Fright - Plague can snowball quickly, especially with Corrupt Purge, so pretty obviously pick

-Blood Warden - I like using a mostly no slowdown playstyle, and Blood Warden fits it for me, so if I can't catch up to the survivors pressure, I got blood warden as a back up, and it guarantees me the time I need to get more kills.

It isn't an optimal build, but its a fun one imo, a very aggressive playstyle, for add ons I love using her apples to get more chances to snowball and counter no cleansing teams