The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Mindless Killer build: BBQ+Pop

Comments

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

1/10 bait post. Salt is adequate but devoid of anything else.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Imagine calling BBQ and Pop "braindead" lol.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Is this sluzzy's alt account? Lmao. Bro pop and BBQ aren't even that good. Besides killers don't even have that many good regression perks. Right now the meta is pop and BBQ or undying and ruin. I'm sure you'll say undying and ruin is op too right? Killers are limited on the amount of perks. While a killer has 4 slots survivors in total have 16. The difference between ds and UB is multiple survivors can bring it together. The killer can't. Bring distortion if finding a locker or hiding behind a gen is too hard.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Pop and BBQ only work if the killer gets hooks. Which means they only work when a killer has earned it. So explain to me how they are brain dead?

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

While it's good to finally see something other than "survivor bad", I wish you the best of luck against the hive mind.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2021
  • Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

"There's no skill or (real) counterplay to this combo"

Repressed alliance? I can't think of any more of a solid counter to Pop than a perk that literally blocks off the generator 😆

I see DS/Unbreakable more than BBQ/Pop. Pop isn't so good because most of the time the survivors Pop the gen before you get there, you don't see gen progress so don't always know which gen needs it the most and most importantly, with the nerf to the timer often you have to ignore the Pop kick to chase a survivor. It's a good perk but I don't see it as this skilless unwinnable combo and honestly I'd rather go against Pop/BBQ than Ruin anyday. This combo is only really a pain on a freddy or a Billy especially when they hook survivor after survivor and keep getting stacks.

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Imagine complaining about pop/bbq which only in certain situations is even worth using while he probably claims that DS is not PP at all

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Nah I disagree BBQ is only good on a few killers. PGTW is less efficent on slower killers. And Thrilling Tremors is better.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

I mean those two are hook related perks. At high ranks, against some really good survivors, a killer can easily get denied of hooks, and this combo become useless. But like many said : reward for good plays, healthy gameplay, many counters, blablabla.

I'll just sit arount and enjoy the show, might even grab myself a cocktail !

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919

IMHO BBQ + Pop is only borderline overpowered on Freddy since he can hook, see what gens are being worked on with BBQ, teleport to the gen to scare the survivor off, and kick it with Pop.

BBQ and Pop is still strong on other killers, especially Hillbilly on open maps allowing him to rapidly close the distance to gens via chainsaw.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Well, maybe if gens didn't go so fast, you wouldn't see PGTW in every game. Whenever a gen perk rises to the top, we attack the perk rather than WHY IT'S BEING USED SO MUCH!

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

It braindead on freddy with tinkerer added.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Yeah... Imagine using a perk that you regress 25% of ALL GENS in the map right? I mean...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I love that people unironically complain about BBQ. Like, come on, that perk has souch counterplay it's almost worthless. If you want a build to actually complain about, try Surge/Surveillance/Ruin.

• lupo_grigio
    lupo_grigio Member Posts: 126

nice try, but your post is suffering of the condition know as "beng a bad bait", sorry

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

I use Pop with Thrilling Tremors and Tinkerer on Freddy. Come at me, bro.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

BBQ and Pop are balanced around the fact they are win more perks they reward you for playing the game in exhange for not having a permanent passive effect and only work when you successfully chase, injure, down, and hook a survivor

Pop only reduces gen progress by 25% or 20 seconds of work in one kick and normal gen regression is 0.25 charges / s or in lamens terms every 4 seconds regressing is 1 second you have to work on the gen

But also this combo isn't used as much as you think it is, most killers always run bbq for that sick bp bonus and many killers don't use pop and instead use other gen perks but complaining about 1 perk used 24/7 for bp in combination with 1 common perk is like complaining that a survivor is using sprint burst while using bt two common perks that just happen to be run together

addressing the tldr these perks are both heavily counterable and in comparison to the survivor perks you are comparing little league to MLB while claiming to be the one on the back burner of weak perks

fun counters to pop and bbq to prove my point

Distortion killer can't see you on bbq to know which gen to go to and use pop

Off the record like distortion but activates after being unhooked

Repressed Alliance cant pop the gen if you can't kick the gen

Getting the gen done before the killer gets there, can't pop a completed gen

Spread out on gens, cant pop all 3 of the gens with well spread out teamates

need I say more

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,266
  • Cristia1V0
    Cristia1V0 Member Posts: 40

I bet you're the type of person that complains about BBQ and pop when Ds and unbreakable is in your main build kek

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206

so now we can't use something that is efficient because we are braindead. in that case, don't use any of your crutch perks because is for noobs. what logic you use.

• MeetTheLegend1
    MeetTheLegend1 Member Posts: 3

Ah yes. Killers can screw over the gen defense and extra bloodpoints!!! We gotta camp the hook guys because we have no info where anyone else is!!! We gotta let the survivors rush the gens all because someone is complaint about BBQ+pop combo!!!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

No problem lad 👍 always try to make people laugh lol

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Nice bait m8

• iplaybothsides
    iplaybothsides Member Posts: 33

Ew. Imagine kicking gens to regress them.

This post brought to you by the hex:ruin gang

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Brain dead survivor perk build: Hold M1 to get 1 health in dying status, press E to get invincibility, press space to get free escape

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Someone speaking the truth! BBQ with slow down perks are really overpowered most of the time and DS and UB don't hold a candle to them even before the unfair nerf DS is getting. BBQ and PGTW and Ruin do carry killers, and DS and UB might never be used. The hypocrisy when DS and UB is only 1-time use perks that are so situational on what the killer does! DS will punish for doing literally anything but PGTW rewards for doing something. How is that remotely fair? DS was nerfed to be so situational and punishing, and killer perks are dependable and winning the game. A DS user loses the perk for touching a gen and the killer touches it and it drops 25%.

• killz4fun
    killz4fun Member Posts: 165

@Regulus47 thanks for the advise.. i will use BBQ +POP.. from your post it seems that it works and you are just being salty about it.

• riasoto
    riasoto Member Posts: 2

Ohhh i see, so I should run perks like beast of prey and mad grit instead, thanks entitled survivor! You all always make the game so much better!! Maybe next time I'll learn if I'm allowed to use common killer addons or not!!!

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Why do killers bring strong perks it's so not fair 😭😭

If they have strong perks that work well together then they can and should bring them if they want to. When I play survivor I'm not going to bring weak perks because the other side would prefer it, I'm going to bring the best perks I have to help me in the match.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Pop counters are splitting up and being mindfull what gens to do so you avoid a 3 gen.

The only time it's really dangerous is in a 3 gen situation and survivors are hellbent on completing only 1 of the 3 gens left as it's popped over and over again.

Also save your toolboxes for the last gens survivors. If you use your toolbox at the first generator you see you deserve to be popped into oblivion.

So yeah. It's strong. Not without counters though.

• knjhw
    knjhw Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2021

Braindead? I have played this game for three years and most killers who run perks and make it to red ranks are well knowledged on how to make a win. Pop and bbq is actually pretty lame and nubbish. As much as bbq is a perk of aura revealing abilities it's easy to know when a killer has it.. very easy. When you tea bag and point at the killer or don't do anything at all to have him 3 meters next to you.. then all you have to do is HIDE IN A LOCKER while someone is being carried to a hook.

If you killers need to get down and dirty you run pop with dying light.. and for the last two, just make it even more crippling

Nurses calling is way better than bbq especially with the basic infectious fright..

Nurses calling, infectious fright, dying light, pop.

Freddy with dying light, a chain and pop plus surveillance.

You just have to gain more knowledge on how to counter perks.. enticing the killer to a chase if he has pop? You could run him for 5 gens never get hooked and escape if you wanted to.

Not to mention this game doesn't really require alot of "skill" to play. It just takes knowledge. Games like smite take knowledge and skills

Post edited by knjhw on
  • Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Survivors complaining about BBQ and Pop are braindead. Change my mind.

• justtrynaplay
    justtrynaplay Member Posts: 81

Fairly certain this is bait but i’ll Reply like it isn’t

could you maybe suggest what you’d like killers to use instead rather than just saying it’s bad and you don’t like it?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

BBQ counter: Distortion (once you lose a stack when a surv is hooked far away, you know the killer has BBQ and you can preserve stacks by hiding in lockers everytime a survivor is about to be hooked)

Pop counter: Repressed Alliance

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

the only way for killer to get pop and BBQ in the first place is with hooks.

and the only way to get hooked is to down survivors

and in order to down survivors consistently, you need to have good game knowledge and skilled mechanics.....

you did not think this thru, did you?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I have sluzzy's profile on bookmark and from his comment history you can find all the hilarious gems like this thread XD

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Man these posts get so boring so quick. No matter what perks either side use, you guys always manage to whinge about something.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

BBQ and Pop is great and balanced, because it rewards for good gameplay.

Pop is often mediocre in the first half of the game, if you don't find a gen with some progress, especially since it's 45 sec nerf. I often had situations where i couldn't kick a gen in time because some survivor gave me an easy hit. Especially if you just injure everyone and can't get the down because everyone plays really save, Pop (and BBQ) will let you down, Ruin is much better in those situations.

And BBQ is easily countered.

You often have to forego Pop because the only gen with progress is on the other side of the map while all the other survivors except one are on your side. Often times pressuring survivors is more important than popping a gen.

Both are very good perks but they're not oppressive. Ruin+Undying was oppressive.

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144

"Got a problem with the game? There is a perk for that." This holds true in so many cases. If you hate pop, use repressed alliance and try to waste the killers time sopops 45 seconds runs out.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited March 2021

Use repressed alliance. Trust me its HILARIOUS. So many killers get tilted by it. They either chase and camp losing gen regression, or they wait it out. Wasting more time waiting for it than time they actually save. It also prevents Ruin regression while blocked.

Pop is a very mediocre perk when you look at the numbers, hiding nearby and quickly tapping the gen pretty much counters it. Pop only excels when someone is hooked by a highly progressed gen. At that point camping and hook trading will regress it extremely quickly.