What makes people DC?

Options
latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Lately as soon as survivors see i play doc 1 dcs out of every 10 games...just a curiosity I know people DC vs freddy Myers and spirit but what makes a person say nope I would rather take the penalty? A friend of mine dcs if he gets haddonfield as killeršŸ¤£

Ā«13

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

Pride, greed, vanity, and a little sloth

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2021
    Options

i only want to dc on mend simulator

edit: i dont do it but temptation is really big

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

I don't see how you only see 1 DC out of 10 games. I would say I see 1 DC in every 4 games.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

with doc, I understand cause sensory wise it can be overwhelming for me.

ive only dcā€™d recently when my solo teammates were farming hooks, injured and bringing the killer to the hook ... while healthy me was going in for a safe unhook. Did it 3x in a row and I bounced

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

Salt and frustration. I don't think there's much thought put into it, it's just "other side beat me waaaaa" baby rage

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205
    Options

Going by recent discussions: killers DC if you run in a straight line.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Salt and a stomping

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2021
    Options

Because people feel it is going to be an annoying slog to play the current round, they think they cant win against whatever they are facing, bad experiences have led to a perception of what the current round is going to entail, and/or even if they can win the round it would be an annoying time doing it.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

Like when i dc is probably because i already have seen that i am going to have an boring game and them i decide to play other game

• JackFrostMan
    JackFrostMan Member Posts: 204
    Options

Salt, genuine connection ######### ups, or spite. Usually the first and third one, though.

That or some cheesy ######### who tries disconnecting so his friend can go through hatch.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    Options

Only connection errors.

If I have to leave for an irl emergency, I give the killer a free kill out of sympathy or sit in the corner respectively.

• latinfla4
    Options

Might as well take the mori or hook death get your points

• latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options

Rank reset and the 1st static blast usually does itšŸ¤£

• latinfla4
    Options
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Long story short, besides those who are experiencing game-breaking bugs, the various reasons can be summarized as entitlement.

• They feel entitled to force others to play the game they way they want (see the endless rulebooks).
    • They feel entitled to ruin the game for everyone else if they don't get their way ("If you don't care about my fun, why should I care about yours?").
    • They feel entitled to pick and choose what they go up against (can't play this character, can't use that perk, can't use those offerings/items/add-ons, etc.).

Basically, they feel entitled to force a private match, where they can dictate the rules, onto random players in public lobbies.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

I can only speak for myself and I rather do the one-hook-suicide than dc. I do it in games where I dont have fun or I dont enjoy playing. At the end of the day DbD is still a game and games should be fun for me. So if I face 3 times Freddy in a row with a lot of gen stalling in his build Im just go for the next game instead of play the fantastic match ahead of me till the end and waste my time with suffering and salt.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

dumb teammates

toxic survivors

toxic killer

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

.dying

. Losing to the opposite side

.hate the other way of winning

.add ons/items

.killers/certain survivors being used

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,927
    Options

I've not dc'd myself, but beyond entitlement I reckon that it's fear.

I don't mean fear as in they're scared of flashlight-wielding survivors or a specific killer. It's the fear of not being good enough; to face the fact that they "failed". Best dc to avoid that.

There's also genuinely connection issues or an emergency at home. Those are acceptable. Annoying, but that's real life for you. However, salt, anger, annoyance .. it all comes down to the fear that those people are shown they aren't as good as they hoped, so they would rather not face what happens - remain closed-minded.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

Its called 'crybaby syndrome'.

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332
    Options

Anytime they pop a OP map offering and then be a flashlight crew that's when I DC, I've been working on my temper and anger issues but when that ######### happens I'd rather get the timeout

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Quitting like that is often called a "ragequit" for a reason. Something happens they don't like, they quit. It really isn't any deeper than that.

Hell, in a way I respect it more if people are honest about that as opposed to trying to justify it in the usual cringy "The game SHOULDN'T work like this in my eyes, but it DOES, but I'll still quit because it SHOULDN'T!" way.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I don't DC, but there are times when I seriously consider it. Those times are when the match has been stupid, there was a disconnect or two near the start, and like no gens are done and I just want out. I give myself up to the killer both for their benefit and mine, and... they slug me and look for survivor #4. That is when I have to stop myself from just leaving the match.

I know why the killer is slugging me, I get it, but I'm human and I can't help but feel slighted by the fact that I conceded and it wasn't enough for them, they need the last survivor, too. No, the killer doesn't have to play different when there are disconnects, but it still feels crappy from my POV. Hell, I'm obviously willing to die, they could at least leave me up to earn some points while they look for the last survivor.

Like I said, I don't actually disconnect in these situations, I just badly want to. After those matches I often don't play for the rest of the day/week, as either role. That's a really specific scenario and probably not what you were looking for, but I wanted to take the opportunity complain. šŸ˜

• latinfla4
    Options

Yeah I always try to finish out the match even when a DC looks tempting when I am seriously outplayed

• latinfla4
    Options

Last minute flashlight blendette switches I assume yeah if that happens to me I just switch to another game on gamepassšŸ¤£ there you wanted to win so bad you can have it...if I left and came back and the game started then I stick it out otherwise nope

• latinfla4
    Options

Did you offer the killer your item? In those situations I try to let them get the hatch at least...sorry your teammate dc'ed apology...but yeah let it out that is the healthy thing to do

• latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options

Seems to be the case in a lot of multiplayer gamesšŸ¤£

• TragicSolitude
    Options

I don't bring items into the game, so it's usually not an option, but I'll try to remember to do that in the future if I've grabbed something out of a chest.

Yeah, when I'm killer and someone DCs early on I try to play nice, usually. As someone who plays survivor exclusively solo, I know how much those matches suck, so as killer my heart's not in it if the game pretty much starts as a 3v1. No need to make the easily miserable experience of solo survivors worse.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

DCing against Doc specifically? Most of the time people are just being petty. But there is a legit reason not to play against him. His power can cause discomfort. For instance, I have sensory processing issues. The madness effect on the screen can sometimes be overwhelming and the shock itself can sometimes cause me to actually flinch, which can get annoying, so I'll have to DC. It doesn't get so overwhelming all the time, but I still have to put my comfort first. This is just a game, after all.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

I find alot of people d'c when they can't bully the killer or you get looped and teabagged then when you get a nice shot say with a hatchet the dc appears. People don't like hard games and when it ain't going there way they dc simple

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

What "MAKES" people DC? DC'ing due to killers/maps is a choice - no one is being forced to disconnect on purpose due to their bias towards certain killers or maps.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,808
    Options

Sometimes I have to go to the bathroom really bad for some reason. Other times I canā€™t stand playing against certain killers like doc. His screen effects and if he has the addons that make the chase music and red stain stick on me sometimes really make my eyes hurt.

• latinfla4
    Options

Yeah I only play survivor for the daily but it does suck when someone dcs and ita 3 vs 1 with 5 gens still left...most killers I offer them my item if it looks like a lost cause sometimes they let me finish gens and leave

• latinfla4
    Options

I feel for your condition never thought about that and hope you can play alright in all your games ...is that the only killer that does that to you?

• latinfla4
    Options

Do people seriously DC over a good hatchet toss from huntressšŸ¤£

• latinfla4
    Options

Yeah rather lose the game than have a bad urinary problem later on in life

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    edited March 2021
    Options

Lack of braincells if you ask me. Even if you don't like the killer, or you have to go to the bathroom, just let yourself killed or afk in a locker, peeing shouldn't take longer than a minute. If you dc, you reward the killer like 2K points, leave your team in a huge disadvantage for the rest of the game, posibly even ruin the game of a killer who was trying an achiement and also reward yourself with a ban. If you don't like the match, just suicide in it.

Edir: apparently ######### is a bad word, suicide isn't.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I was stuck on a Haddonfield offering match last night with four mega tryhard Survivors all running metaperks and flashlights that bullied the hell out me in game AND in the endgame chat.

Anyway, where I was going with this was I wish I had DC'd the second I saw the Haddonfield offering. I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

YES, absolutely. I suck ass as Huntress, I just cannot aim for crap with a PS4 controller, but I got a lucky shot on someone at the beginning of a match and they immediately DC'd. lol.

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319
    Options

I don't dc but if I get sandbagged I'm killing myself on hook

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,997
    Options

Impatience and saltiness.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

Can't deal with getting outplayed I guess, so they'd rather have a 5 minute ban, lose thier items, offerings and add-ons, de-pip and not get any bloodpoints for that round.

Having said that, I would more than likely DC if I had gathered proof and evidence of hacking from either teammates or the killer. No point in giving hackers extra BP.

I'd rather eat the negatives than have a hacker running loose in my game.