Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hard tunneling and camping need to go

fr0sty1223
fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

4 games in a row today I have run into a hard tunneling or face camping killer. This is getting real old real fast and something needs to be done about it. I love how people are complaining about keys but this is the exact reason I use keys: it’s the best way to escape a hard tunneling or face camping killer. Keys should not be changed until these two things are felt with was well. It’s time the devs do something about this #########

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• fr0sty1223

It’s not just me getting face camped or hard tunneled. If I’m against a killer like that and I’m not the one it’s happening to I can get gens done and in the event that they rest of my team gets tunneled and face camped and I’m the last one alive I can still get out even if the hatch gets closed. This is my best strategy against killers like this: be selfish and only play to survive. I don’t want to play like this but I am forced to almost every game because killers like this are so common and the devs refuse to fix the problem since killer mains have them at gunpoint or some #########.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

How easy do you want the game to be. Holy crap Iv seen three gens popping before I get my ass over the other side of the map to stop it only way to stop that is run meta perks and it's boring as hell I don't want to have to run ruin undying every game.

And don't even get me started on the ammount of downs I should have had with the blood splatters and noise of a hit with a hatchet but oh they have DH so get away with it even tho it was a clear hit .

And the ammount of games I ran into today where it bodyblocking toxic twatts.

Plus I think the devs have bigger things to fix mate so just stop moaning and play if a killer truely is facecamping then it's a easy escape as the killer ain't patrolling gens. And he only gets one kill

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Again if your teammates are ACTUALLY getting camped you don't need a key.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Doubtful

• fr0sty1223

Then fix both gen speeds and toxic killer strategies.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

Idk I play solo survivor and something just seems different lately. The gens are flying and getting done faster than ever (not saying anything has been changed) and even the hexes are getting found so fast which leaves the killer with little to no gen defense other than pushing survivors off a gen and even then you can only chase one person at a time and the others including myself will finish off the gen in your face. As annoying as it is I get why killers do it, it's because it works and it's effective. Face camping not really that's kind of pointless and stupid to me but tunneling yeah I get it.

I feel sorry for people who play killer in the current state of the game sometimes. Even when I play killer and focus on pressuring gens they still fly most of the time. I truly think if killers had more gen defense, for example if Ruin was buffed from a hex to a regular perk they probably wouldn't feel as much of a need to tunnel. As for the face camping people just do that to get on your nerves.

Not trying to be rude but you kinda need to just deal with it and get over it and learn to see the game from both sides perspective and try understand why killers or survivors do certain things that may be frowned upon.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266

That's because the devs didn't apply similar penalties to survivors. That's the fix.

As one possible example: After 5 seconds, anyone within X meters of a hooked survivor earns no blood points. This makes the Killer move on so as not to face-camp, but also prevents survivors from engaging in chases around a hook to troll the Killer. Survivors can come in and unhook someone - and once the survivor is off the hook, the penalties are gone. So you still earn for a safe unhook, protection shots if the Killer has returned, etc.

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177

right!?? The only thing a key is doing is screwing over his teammates lol

• fr0sty1223

I get why killers do it but it pisses me off to see that killer mains want survivors to be nerfed even more while not even touching their toxic strategies. The devs need to balance both sides not just one or the other

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

Honestly I think making Ruin a regular perk would really help this games balancing issues. I don't think it'll be the almighty fix but I think it'll be a big help.

• fr0sty1223

I bring a key because a lot of survivors try to save the face camped or tunneled player and then they get downed for it and get camped after the other guy dies. If someone is getting face camped or tunneled you have to play super selfishly in order to escape and a lot of people (myself included) don’t like to play that way. I bring a key because if my teammates don’t play selfishly then they will all go down and get camped 1 by 1 so I need an out.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2021

Strange stuff how come some of the best killer players lose games, because gens and everything go to fast if they don't run a little bit of slowdown? Survivors are awarded a lot of 2nd chance perks for failure. Not because of good plays or anything. Until they address the 2nd chance perks I don't see why survivors should complain about face camping or tunneling. I'm one of the best clown players in the world, and I can't even stop all gens from being done even though my average chase is 20 seconds long explain that. Until you play killer on a high level where everyone is running every single 2nd chance perk. Tunneling is literally the most viable option to get someone out of the game if gens are going too fast, because at least it will be easier to snowball with only 3 people up. Face camping is a lot of the time a good strategy to get people off gens. I don't face camp, but still.

• fr0sty1223

Killers get plenty of ######### perks too: NOED, BBQ, and Pop goes the weasel. Again I’m not saying survivors aren’t op because they are. I just want the devs to fix both sides and not just screw over one

• Drae
    Drae Member Posts: 52

Devs already said that facecamping, camping and tunneling are all intended game mechanics. That's understandable, DBD is inspired by the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, where Bubba camped the same room for quite a bit, killing three people and then he "facecamped" them on the hooks. Even in nature a predator would aim at the wounded prey not at the rest of the the herd of preys, it is the most efficient way to kill. I do not want to sound harsh but this whole rant is like getting on the bumper cars and complain because the other cars bumps into you. This videogame's psychotic serial killers are still psychotic serial killers and DBD, even if it is a videogame, it is a Slasher Horror videogame before everything else. "Camping" and "tunneling" are what makes a horror serial killer what it is. It is the whole point of the entire game, the entire genre.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

NOED is rewarded for failure, and I think it's a perk that should be nerfed or reworked. How is BBQ and pop 2nd chance perks? They award you for doing your objective not for failure. Please make some sense. There is literally no survivor perk that awards you for doing your objective. Besides WGLF which rewards you for most of the time farming your team.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

I agree with you I play both sides but more killer than survivour but everytime I try to run ruin or a hex it spawns it in the most obvious of places.

I not trying to be rude either or start ww3 as we all know what like this game can be.

Iv started running coruppt instead of ruin as at least I'm guaranteed a certain time every game where I can get as much early pressure as I can.

A few weeks ago had a guy come in stream and said il neva get alot of veiwers with the way I play and a a carp red rank that needs to tunnel. He just kept bitching at me in stream.

What happend is I hooked someone and litrally turned my back and the guy was off I chased the healthy guy but accidently grabbed the injured guy as he vaulted a window got ds stun and after they all escaped they came in stream and called me out as a tunneler beacuase I got dc'd the guy that complained wasant evn the guy that apparently tunnelled.

Just thot I'd give an example from a killers perspective

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

lol

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2021

The survivor entitlement. Oh my. As posted above, you don't need a key if you just do gens during camping.

Last night I hooked a guy in the basement after finding him, about 70 seconds in the match. 3 gens pop and then my two hexes. I then proceed to proxy camp the basement. Is this wrong? Heck no. Still called out for it post game.

And I will tunnel out any survivor with a key, even if it makes me lose the match, until they fix them. So bring them, please.

• crowbarman

On a side note, I have a theory that killers are more likely to be aggressive in tunneling and camping when the prior match they get obliterated by a toxic swf team. I have caught myself doing it.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Your complaining about tunneling and yet you bring a key?

• fr0sty1223

I bring a key because killers tunnel and camp. I would never bring a key if they didn’t but since killers like to use toxic strategies I have to use toxic strategies as well in order to maximize my chances at success.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

You're being camped and tunneled cause you bring keys, you deserve it

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If your gonna play survivor, expect the possibility you will end up a victim of horrible monsters in merciless fashions.

It's up to you to avoid them and escape chases. It's not on the killer to give you more chances than the first one you fail at.

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

3/10 bait post.

• Starshadw
    edited March 2021

OK, this is weird, comment posted twice, so am removing the extra. O.o

Post edited by Starshadw on
  • Starshadw

Do you think the person who was unlucky enough to be the first survivor you saw and hooked, and who you then camped, had an enjoyable match, hanging on the hook?

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Perhaps you're getting hard tunnelled and facecamped because you have a key? I'll be honest as a Killer main if you have a key and its a toss between hitting you or another survivor im going for you. And if you key swap last minute in the lobby i will hard tunnel you straight out the game even if the other 3 survive. You bringing a key ruins my fun so I'd say I'm entitled to ruin yours

• fr0sty1223

I bring a key because a lot of survivors try to save the face camped or tunneled player and then they get downed for it and get camped after the other guy dies. If someone is getting face camped or tunneled you have to play super selfishly in order to escape and a lot of people (myself included) don’t like to play that way. I bring a key because if my teammates don’t play selfishly then they will all go down and get camped 1 by 1 so I need an out. If face camping and tunneling wasn’t so common I would never bring a key not to mention I think keys do need to be changed I just think face camping and tunneling does as well

• crowbarman

I am sure it was just as enjoyable to see the game nearly over from my perspective. Your mentality is one-sided.

If there is 1 gen left and you have an opportunity to create pressure by camping/proxy camping, you should do it. ESPECIALLY in the basement - what's the point of the basement if it shouldn't be hard to escape from it? Why are there even 4 hooks? Based on your comment, it sounds like there should be one hook and an auto-teleporting device to the other side of the map.

The fix is to create additional objectives for survivors. Changes like nerfing undying just make it easier to avoid totems, so devs have made this even worse.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

So what is "hard" tunneling as opposed to tunneling? Is there a soft tunneling, a mushy tunneling, or a velvet glove tunneling? :) There are lots of ways for SURVIVORS to deal with the tactics of tunneling and camping. Get to work.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Hard gen tunneling and escaping needs to go! Well both sides want's to win and should always ignore the other sides complains, especially the killer because they are not ment to be the nice guys. If you play killer you should just kill and don't care about how you do it.