Toxic Players

I was playing a game to train with the Oni, I only managed to kill one survivor while the others had escaped, one I even let him escape from the hatch because he had been good and I wanted to be kind, nothing strange up to here, but when the game was over the survivors started insulting me and telling me that I camp and tunneling even though it wasn't true

is the community all like this?

Comments

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

TBH, as a survivor main in the yellow ranks, I've never seen any of my teammates do this. I'm guessing it happens more for the killers, and especially so in purple-red ranks.

I'm sorry that happened to you though. :( Just ignore em and keep hookin and bonkin

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I mean short answer? Yes for the most part.

The problem is most people won't say anything other than maybe gg; but the ones that actually talk yeah almost all of them are gonna be like that.

I had like 3 toxic killers today which was annoying but it's like w/e it is what it is. It's just a game, if someone's life is so sad that is the only validation they can get I'm happy to let them have it, they seem to need the W more than I do.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Not everyone is like this but we still have a lot of rotten Apples in this community.

My advice is to close the endgamechat.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

It's more than just survivors who are toxic. Honestly I played half and half today and had more toxic killers in my games than survivors today. Some days it's the other way around.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I mean, if you've been playing dbd and this is the first time that it's happened I would assume this isn't something that happens very often?

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

A lot of the community is very nice but you will sometimes find some bad apples no matter how you play. I play super nice or give the hatch frequently to the last survivor and still get people complaining. So just play the way you want, and don't care about what people say because it's impossible to please everyone and at the end of the day you paid for the game, so you are also supposed to have fun without worrying too much about others

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

They incorrectly accused you of camping and tunneling, maybe a few "gg ez baby killer" messages... but on the other hand, why is it so hard to just ignore messages like this? It is not nice that they do this, but on the other hand you also let it to affect you instead of ignoring it.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

You think that is bad? Look at your steam profile comments.

Survivors may not say anything in game but oh boy will they rage on your profile.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,153

I had the first salt in weeks in the Aftergame chat yesterday in one game. The funny thing is it wasn't even aimed at me ( 4 escaped my trapper, which I played to get the 180 sec daily) but a teammate that did a instant unsafe unhook rescue. To be fair I focused the freshly unhooked (he was TBagging at every pallet), slugged him and went to open the exit gate since the last gen popped right then.

He stated his report for the other player for farming and got angry with me when I said that nothing of this sort really happened with it having been only one unsafe unhook.

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

This can happen regardless of how you play and it will happen at any rank, this is part of the game and it is what happens when the devs don't buff killers to compete against swf, are too scared to make a good killer because people will cry if they lose one to it and coddle swf to the point they (swf) see it as a crime to beat them or even get one down on them.

Don't play killer it's not worth the online cowards in your dm's acting the tough behind their keyboards.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited March 2021

Yes people will talk ######### to you no matter how nice you play. Welcome to online videogames.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

Sometimes you will come across people like that. it is different on the console, there is no chat and if your privacy settings are high they cannot send you a message. I play cross-play so they could be messaging in the chat but i will not see it if they are on pc. so either way i will not see their messages.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I don't think i've been given hatch in like a year... Players aren't what they used to be I guess.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

After 7,5 years chillplaying solo in WoW, the DBD community was frustrating for me. But I found a solution. I just imagine this game is a single-player and the toxic players are bots: t-bagging bots, nodding bots, clicking bots etc. :D

Only friends can write on my Steam profile. My chat is hidden, I only open it to thank someone for the hatch, late game rescue or farm. I used to be jealous of console players because they don't have a chat until I found out I could close it. It made my DbD-life more enjoyable.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I'm always toxic and made a hillbilly and trapper mad once. you need to be better but at least your trying. I was playing as the Hag and then a feng, and a claudette was being toxic at me.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Yeah, pretty much.

Don't you know that killers are OP and you're toxic for even playing one?

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119

Not everyone is like this, but there's enough that it's a problem. Sorry you had to deal with it.

Just take comfort in the fact that you won and that they're probably on these forums or on Reddit complaining about camping and tunneling even if they have no idea what either one means. :)

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

It's just luck, everyone sucks, it just depends on the matches you get

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

When you play killer you get a lot of salt no matter what way you play.