Skilled based match making

Options
Minaaa
Minaaa Member Posts: 60
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

When is skill based match making finally getting here?

As a rank 13 killer i just went against an entire red rank swf.

Followed by another game with 3 red ranks, but don't worry there was a rank 6 in there to even it out.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Please explain that to me devs? Like how in the world do you get it so wrong?

Ages ago i read a post that skilled based match making was going to show up, based on past experiences i don't have much hope of it working but still one can dream.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

We don't know.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Maybe at a time when Santa Claus takes the quarter from under childrens pillow and leaves an easter egg there XD

I think these are reasonable odds.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121
    Options

Honestly, there are suspicions that MMR is secretly working in the background right now. Maybe you had done well with a killer for a few games in a row, and those survivors had low MMR (wouldn't surprise me given that many red ranks are just as skilled as green/yellow), and you guys may have actually had a close enough MMR for it to be balanced. Don't judge how good people are based off of their rank, base it off of how they play in game. I've had endgame screens with two rank 1s and 2 rank 12s, but I could not have told you who was who in game, they were all that bad.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I think you're going to be disappointed. This game truly has too many variables for an accurate matchmkaing system. When ones DS/BT use or a single down with NOED can change the course of an entire match and completely change the outcome results are going to be extremely skewed.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I'm still curious as to how they can even determine 'skill' in a game like DBD.

Is a Survivor in a SWF who bring in four BNP's, who throws every pallet immediately and escapes every game better than the survivor who lasts 3 minutes in a chase, throwing only one unsafe pallet but who dies because they get camped by the killer with NoED?

Is a killer with 8 hooks (but 0 deaths) and no perks, no add-ons, and playing a low tier killer (Like Pig or Trapper) on a map like Red Forest worse than a killer with 4 hooks, 4 kills, NoED, Save The Best For Last, Stridor, and Pop Goes The Weasel on Spirit with the best add-ons on Shelter Woods where no pallets spawned on half the map?

• Minaaa
    Options

I also think MMR is already secretly in play which would be even sadder since it's not doing a great job.

That SWF however destroyed me...they were insanely co-ordinated so it didnt make a lick of sense for me to be matched up against them.

• Minaaa
    Options

You are thinking in terms of one match though.

Over a course of a 100 games a good MMR system based on sound logic would realise where you truly stand in the game.

For example a survivor that generally loops a killer for 2+ minutes or escapes chases, does 2 gens a game, safe unhooks and doesn't use too many pallets equals a good player. Surviving a match in my opinion is the least important factor to determine who is good and who isnt.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

It'll be here when we finally have about 100 survivors and killers on the roster