Give the Clown the Ability to Underhand throw his Bottles.

Options
Doomsaki
Doomsaki Member Posts: 152
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The clown has a big problem with indoor loops. His killer power can't be used when there's a roof or tree branches above his head.

Here is a video that demonstrates this problem of indoor looping very succinctly:

[url]https://youtu.be/Q5cbm83v2pE[/url]

It gets worse if you consider the fact that the preschool still has pallets loops left to go and there's a basement as well. All of these would have presented even more extreme scenarios where the clown's power wouldn't be of any use.

With a choice between overhand and underhand throws, the above situations could be prevented.

Underhand:

Overhand:

In most chase situations, the underhand throw would be the choice move with its flatter trajectory, but overhand would still have its uses where using your power over obstacles is needed.

Right now the clown is advertised as a looping counter, but there are a lot of situations where he's forced to be an M1 killer only. This would go a long way for helping him. Thoughts?

Comments

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

I'm a level 45 clown and i haven't had any issues with the bottles yet. Of course it might be because of i haven't even played on all maps. But if you want to throw in tiny spaces you can try to look down and charge the throw to maximum.

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

Also that clown in the video is a noob

• Doomsaki
    edited June 2018
    Options

@hMM said:
    I'm a level 45 clown and i haven't had any issues with the bottles yet. Of course it might be because of i haven't even played on all maps. But if you want to throw in tiny spaces you can try to look down and charge the throw to maximum.

To specify a bit more, what I'm referring to is the need to throw his gas canister ahead of the survivor. Throwing it at him doesn't have an effect in long loops because the gas has a delay on impact and takes time to spread.

Underhand lets you put it in front in a narrow indoor corridor. That would be the unique reason over simply aiming downward to have an underhand throw option.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

As stated in the other thread, the clown you faced is terrible and is just trying to hit you with the bottle, which is dumb.
    Tell him to play Huntress, he seems to be able to aim and to be too straightforward to be a clown player.

• Doomsaki
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:
    As stated in the other thread, the clown you faced is terrible and is just trying to hit you with the bottle, which is dumb.

From the video, I saw 3 situations where it could have been ended. 2 were missed swings and in the smaller 2-story brick building, he should have ran around that kitchen window.

But prior to that, the survivor presented no opportunity for a kill especially with that double stair basement loop. In a rank 1 game that's basically 3 or 4 generators completed or 5 in the case of this 3.5 minute mistake.

• Runiver
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Doomsaki said:

@Runiver said:

From the video, I saw 3 situations where it could have been ended. 2 were missed swings and in the smaller 2-story brick building, he should have ran around that kitchen window.

But prior to that, the survivor presented no opportunity for a kill especially with that double stair basement loop. In a rank 1 game that's basically 3 or 4 generators completed or 5 in the case of this 3.5 mistake.

There were tons of opportunities, especially at the shack.
    He just had to smoke the window, and smoke the left part of the shack to transform it into an easy hit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-S4-2jPdpY
    Similarly to this (except you can also smoke left to condemn the exit)
    He just stepped in the shack and throwed the bottle directly at the survivor, which is dumb as rock.

Not to mention this video was PTB, and no add-on, so it was a weaker version of clown that was slowed down upon throwing and with a weaker slow time, and it still worked.

• Doomsaki
    edited June 2018
    Options

Not sure I'm convinced. As I mentioned before that play requires the survivor to go in the wrong direction.

The survivor in the video I showed demonstrated an ability to dodge and change directions in response to bottles in midair. You can see this on the vaults near the 2 story brick building. He keeps making the right play of running to another loop.

• Runiver
    Options

@Doomsaki said:
    Not sure I'm convinced. As I mentioned before that play requires the survivor to go in the wrong direction.

The survivor in the video I showed demonstrated an ability to dodge and change directions in response to bottles in midair. You can see this on the vaults near the 2 story brick building. He keeps making the right play of running to another loop.

What wrong direction ? What other direction does the survivor can take in my video ?
    Left ? You can also smoke it, but they never go left.
    Running away from the shack in the open ? Interesting decision. A nice free hit.

• Doomsaki
    edited June 2018
    Options

Lets assume ideal play. In the video I showed though, the clown didn't have the luxury of an isolated shack. The fence jumps and 2 story brick building are also close. He also doesn't know which entrance the survivor is at and the survivor has the pallet to throw down anyways. Might be a shorter shack loop, but it'd be back to the buildings again.

• Runiver
    Options

@Doomsaki said:
    Lets assume ideal play. In the video I showed though, the clown didn't have the luxury of an isolated shack. The fence jumps and 2 story brick building are also close. He also doesn't know which entrance the survivor is at and the survivor has the pallet to throw down anyways. Might be a shorter shack loop, but it'd be back to the buildings again.

The building was clearly not enough to reach before you would with proper play as killer tho. Especially with the vacuum removal. It would have pushed the survivor in the corner of the map.
    The closest pallet was the one around the house, and was far enough to be hard to reach tbh. Especially with some clown predictions