Vigil buff idea

Options

Vigil: You keep watch over your friends even in dire situations. The auras of Survivors suffering from the Exhausted, Hindered, Blindess, Mangled, Hemmorhage, Broken, or Exposed status effects are revealed in white to you within 32/64/infinite metres of range.

You and all Survivors within 8 metres recover from these effects 10/15/20% faster.

Mangled and Hemmorhage status effects that are not on a timer have their effects reduced by 10/15/20% (i.e. Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed by 16% instead of 20%).

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I would increase the % too
    And add Exposed and Broken
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited November 2018
    Options

You've just made Bond and Empathy not worth running. I'd suspect enough people would use this Vigil as to make Kindred dead as well.

Lots of killers run add-ons or Sloppy Butcher for mangled/hemmorhage, so you've just buffed healing after the devs "nerfed" it.

Edit: And indirectly nerfed NOED and Rancor.

• Milo
    edited November 2018
    Options
    But how is noed or rancored nerfed exactly?

@Eight
  • Eight
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Milo said:
    But how is noed or rancored nerfed exactly?

As soon as they trigger, anyone running Vigil (and you'd be a fool not to, this new one is great) can see the auras of remaining survivors - giving them a greater chance of team plays that are very difficult unless you're SWF.

Decent SWFs teams protect the obsession against Rancor, but now everyone will be able to do it much easier.

Same issues for Myers too I guess. Every time he gets EW3, people have a free Bond. Haunted Grounds is now a free Bond too.

Maybe "indirect nerf" wasn't exactly the right way of putting it. But hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.

• Eight
    edited November 2018
    Options

I'd be interested to see what would happen if Vigil could enable recovery from exhaustion while crouched and running, if you're not in a chase.

I know they brought in Exhaustion to deal with looping, but since other steps are also being taken there (map changes, reduction of pallets, "fixing" vaults etc.), maybe there's more wiggle room than there used to be?

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Eight said:
    You've just made Bond and Empathy not worth running. I'd suspect enough people would use this Vigil as to make Kindred dead as well.

Lots of killers run add-ons or Sloppy Butcher for mangled/hemmorhage, so you've just buffed healing after the devs "nerfed" it.

Edit: And indirectly nerfed NOED and Rancor.

Bond and Empathy are still fine as is. I would rather run them over the new Vigil I had in mind since working together is less efficient anyway.

I know a lot of Killers run Sloppy Butcher. I like to call these people “meta slaves”.

You think I give a single damn about NOED being nerfed? I hate that ######### almost as much as I hate Decisive Strike.

• Milo
    Options

Oh wait this suggestion has a aura reading? Didn't notice that >.> Then no ::chuffed:

But adding Broken and Exposed (that is timed) and also increasing the % would be the best i think

• Eight
    Options

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    Bond and Empathy are still fine as is. I would rather run them over the new Vigil I had in mind since working together is less efficient anyway.

They're still fine, but given the high probability of status effects, you'd be better off with your Vigil and scooping up that recovery buff for everyone too.

I know a lot of Killers run Sloppy Butcher. I like to call these people “meta slaves”.

Lol. If you say so.

Is this the new rule from survivors: killers can't run perks that compliment each other?

You think I give a single damn about NOED being nerfed? I hate that ######### almost as much as I hate Decisive Strike.

Then, by all means, make it clear in your perk suggestion. Some will agree, some will disagree.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Eight

Is this the new rule from survivors: killers can't run perks that compliment each other?

No. Sloppy Butcher is a meh perk. If you run it, you're a meta slave who doesn't realize it's a meh perk. It's not worth a perk slot and making a perk that "counters" it isn't a big deal.

Besides, I did the math. By reducing the Mangled from 20% to 16%, the healing time is reduced from 20 seconds to 19.0476190476 seconds. That's less than a second of reduction.

Not really a counter if you ask me.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options
    All I want from Vigil is for it to reduce the time I am affected by debuffs and reduce the negativity of said debuffs if possible (like Mangled or Hindered or what have you). I could care less about the strange aura reading business of others you have going on there. It would be different if it was your aura being revealed to others.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Vigil: You keep watch over your friends even in dire situations. The auras of Survivors suffering from the Exhausted, Hindered, Blindess, Mangled, Hemmorhage, Broken, or Exposed status effects are revealed in white to you within 32/64/infinite metres of range.

You and all Survivors within 8 metres recover from these effects 10/15/20% faster.

Mangled and Hemmorhage status effects that are not on a timer have their effects reduced by 10/15/20% (i.e. Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed by 16% instead of 20%).

Another perk that SWF already has included :wink:

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    Options

@Master said:

Another perk that SWF already has included :wink:

Another tidbit of absolutely wonderful feedback that definitely applies to all the Survivors that don't enjoy SWF.

• Paizaza23757
    Paizaza23757 Member Posts: 12
    Options

I kinda like this idea because all quantin perks all almost useless lol. (Make quantin great again)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Jesus just make the vigil to grants the ability to recover from any status effect at any moment (Even while running)

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

"You and your allies within a 8 meter range recover from all Status Effects 25% faster."
    I fixed it for you. I dont think that it needs more.
    Maybe the "Mangled and Hemmorhage status effects that are not on a timer have their effects reduced by 10/15/20% (i.e. Sloppy Butcher reduces healing speed by 16% instead of 20%)."-Part could be added, but I dont think, that the perk needs that.