Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Evil Dead DLC

I know this game loves to release licenced killers and survivors. I am a big fan of this game as well as Evil Dead as you most likely would assume from the title of this post. What I would like to know is how the community would feel about a DLC which would include deadite Cheryl from the first Evil Dead movie as a killer and Ash Williams as a survivor. I would like the opinions from the community on this particular idea since many other people and myself know this classic series and of course are excited about the idea of more killers and survivors being introduced into this game.

Comments

• DrVonKrumm
    DrVonKrumm Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2018

To be perfectly honest I love the idea but like you I’m quite a fan of the films so I guess i’m biased lol.

I’ve thought a little about how an Evil Dead chapter would work and one perk idea I had for Ash was one that would capture his cockiness from the later films. It would be called ‘Hail to the King’ and would be something like, every time you score a ‘Great Skill Check’ you get a token (up to 5 tokens) and each token gives you +1% generator progression on a good of great skill check but skill checks are more frequent with each token and harder to hit (due to overconfidence of course :) ) and if you fail a skill check the generator regresses an additional 1% for each token and then you lose all tokens.

Another one I thought of was called ‘Shop Smart’ which would be like Quentin’s Pharmacy perk but for toolboxes, I’m also pretty sure someone else on this forum had the same idea in another thread about this same topic.

As for the Deadite, I agree that we should get someone like Cheryl or Linda from the first film. The power I was thinking of is that they carry the Necronomicon Ex Mortis with them and they can flick through different pages to cast spells that have a minor affect on the games (but collectively have a big impact on the game), I’ve not really thought of what exactly yet but maybe something like a short channel action you can do on a generator (instead of kicking it) to regress it at a faster speed than usual. Maybe it could have like 3 powers basic but some of the add-ons could be missing pages that grant a 4th spell (only use one at a time obviously). I don’t know, I’m just spitballing with this one.

Lastly the map would have to be Professor Knowby’s Cabin, with a set piece generator in the cabins main living room that when you power it causes all the decorations to laugh maniacally.

Anyway hope this ramble was what you were looking for :)

Post edited by DrVonKrumm on
  • strikerfreak12x
    strikerfreak12x Member Posts: 39
    Do you think you could try to get more people on board too?
    I like your ideas.
    I think another good one since ash is strong against killers would be a counter to the perk enduring which makes it so that when you get tokens and each of these tokens results in longer stun times. This would also pair with decisive strike and each stun spends a token. Now I believe they should only be able to have 2 or 3 but still it'd be a good perk since ash is strong for fighting a killer and it'd be cool to call it groovy or something like that.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Ash really doesn't make sense as a survivor. He's known for using his chainsaw hand and shotgun to kick the crap out of evil dead creatures. Survivors can't actually fight the killer. Is he going to have a chainsaw hand just for show? That would be too much of a letdown. This just isn't the right game for him. The whole series is too silly for the DBD universe anyway.

• Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181
    edited November 2018

@Dreamnomad said:
    Ash really doesn't make sense as a survivor. He's known for using his chainsaw hand and shotgun to kick the crap out of evil dead creatures. Survivors can't actually fight the killer. Is he going to have a chainsaw hand just for show? That would be too much of a letdown. This just isn't the right game for him. The whole series is too silly for the DBD universe anyway.

He could have a normal or robotic hand

• Patrick99
    Patrick99 Member Posts: 41

@Dreamnomad said:

That's true, but only regarding the two sequels. In the first Evil Dead movie, Ash wasn't the bad-ass we all know and love today. If they ever do an Evil Dead chapter, having the same Ash from the first movie wouldn't be too far-fetched.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Dreamnomad said:

To be fair, Laurie Strode shot Michael Myers in both of his eyes in one movie, and cut off his head in another, and she can't exactly fight him in DbD, except with Decisive Strike.