Playing killer with MMR has to be the most unenjoyable experience in the past 6 months

Options
2»

Comments

• Ancille
    Ancille Member Posts: 37
    Options

Something even better I found out, I have so few games as Oni it physically wouldn't place me in a lobby. Lasted over half an hour. To test, I switched to my main (hag), almost instant lobby. Switched back to Oni? Another question minute wait before I said eff it and didn't bother.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

My experience was the same. Since they started recording MMR I've probably played PH the most and put more effort into him. It showed, the games were sweaty but the worst part is literally every survivor held W as much as possible, along with swf splitting across the map on gens.

There really needs to be more of a discussion about high level play in this game because for all the hate spirit, freddy, PH get by survivors who say they're OP and take no skill, you're literally just holding forwards in your games to waste as much time as possible. I don't care if these games are balanced they must be the most boring games I've ever had since I started playing DBD and I've gone against forever legion builds before. Every single chase just hold W as much as possible, if that's how DBD will be then I might as well quit now because that's boring as hell.

Competitive games are fun at a high level because the mechanics are fun. This does not apply to DBD, the mechanics and strategies of the game are not fun at a high level.

I've seen others play and once again we're seeing a reflection of tournaments where most of the killers just fall flat and you need to sweat your butt off to get any kills. This just pushes people to slugging Nurse and then it's the surviors who have no fun. DBD is really not ready for MMR.

• APopp
    APopp Member Posts: 22
    Options

I disagree. The point of testing the MMR, in my opinion, was to try playing multiple characters. I played characters that I normally play and I got matchmade with decent Survivors because I can secure a 4k a decent amount of the time. Then I switched to a killer that I haven't played in probably over 6 months and got easy survivors. The situation is that if you are good at a specific killer and can 4k a great majority of the time, you will get really challenging survivors as that killer.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

It's still easier to rank up as killer than as solo survivor. 2-pips are much more common.

A competetive player from overwatch i believe said: You win 1/3 of all games regardless how bad you play and you lose 1/3 of all games, regardless how good you play. The other 1/3 is where your playstyle decides the outcome.

But that's only on teambased games and i don't think you can have that on the survivor side.

If you want to win, play certain Killers or Killers with Addons, like Trapper with Iri stone / Purple bag, you will win most of your games.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2021
    Options

Myself I didnt really noticed THAT much of a change as my main Myers I do reckon I saw less grossly absurd mistakes which translates in less wasting time but I also saw more people doing Dull Totems and Chests which also translates in more wasting time. Didnt play Jigsaw for I wanted to test the MMR with one of my two mains but I suppose it would be the same.

I tried it with Oni (who I bought 3 days ago) and have zero experience and while the Survivors were far worse they werent as bad as they were when they first put the MMR online, at least these were ranks 10-14 instead of ranks 19-20, they still werent good enough to pose any threat of escaping, but at least they did manage to fix 4 gens, I guess the system still needs some work on neutral MMR for Killers.

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230
    Options

With this update I can finally breathe a little as survivor. I'm escaping more but not a whole lot more. It's been more of a challenge to escape still but only one or two of us escape so that's also fine, a 50/50 split of killing half and half possible escape is pretty reasonable for once. All 4k vs campers has made the game so boring and I've recently only logged in to play 2 or 3 matches and bail. I suck and I shouldn't be forced to go against the best rank 1 killers every match that have tunneling and camping down and hooking in perfect spots to proxy camp and pressure gens. It's been hell and no point in playing to always lose. Forums always tell me it's not up to the killer to make sure everyone has a good time so I guess if 4 survivors are having a good time vs the 1 killer then who cares 🤷🏽‍♂️

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

I mean I'm rank 20 on PC for killer and rank 1-4 on Xbox. Today I played Killer for the first time in forever on PC. Got placed against rank 1-8.

I loved it. Makes the game that much more enjoyable. Playing in low ranks is a slog, I'd honestly rather be placed against "harder" opponents. I just wish the piping system reflected it

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    FaceCampBubbaMain Member Posts: 19
    Options

IDK about you guys but three gen trapper builds have been doing great because they're most effective on SWF and thats all dbd will shove down my throat now

• ZarosNozara
    ZarosNozara Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2021
    Options

You guys really brought this on yourself by supporting camping and tunneling and complaining about swfs. Devs have said for a long time swf was supply to be how the game is played. People complain when they get camped and tumbled or play a really good swf so the obvious solution was to implement mmr. Turns out killers don't like playing against players on the same level as them. By the time you hit purple you should be pushing out gens

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    Options

So let me guess this right,,,for those killers (before you go nuts with the comments, not all,, some of you!!!!) that like this it is because they have to work even less to win and for the killers who hate it is because they have to work harder LOL??? So as a killer that is rank 1-5 you want the rank 19 survivors??? Which is what I saw a lot last night,,,where is the fun in that? Shouldnt the game be a sweat fest to work and win with somewhat even payer/killer ranking??

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    Options

I secretly wish they do keep the mmr so I can quit.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

It can be inconsistently frustrating but it's nowhere near as frustrating as the time I played against 4 Steves trying to meme. Nobody with a heart could bring themselves to hurt such innocent creatures.

• ToxicPCPlayers_Sigh
    Options

Same thing happened to me except as the Deathslinger, I literally can't get into a match as him (it constantly gives me an error message after a 25 minute wait but I'm getting scrubs as Pig, got a free kill when someone tried escaping with an active trap on their head. But I may quit playing if this goes live.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Yeah that's what's sorta been in the back of my mind-when I reach higher levels of play will it mean any niche but fun build will go out the window just because the survivors I go against will be bringing meta perk builds or even if they don't will the gens get popped too quick for me to have fun with my niche build? Maybe I'll find out some day but as for now I just don't have the time to put into getting me higher than rank 8 or 9 lol

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

DbD isn't balanced for high level play / high MMR and it prob will never be. It's basicly only Nurse, long que times, a lot of slugging and 1 hooking or you get gen rushed into oblivion.

• rumplednutskin
    rumplednutskin Member Posts: 1
    Options

I've had the opposite experience. I have less than 600 hours in the game so hitting red ranks as killer is tough. About half the matches you have these 5k hour survivors who you can't touch. They don't even like the game any more, their only joy is punishing less experienced killers by running the loops they long ago memorized and teabagging. That MMR removed that for me. I'm so used to those sweaty ducks that playing against my own MMR felt easy. If you have a lot of hours and playing against people with similar time invested makes the game unbearable, that's a balance issue, not the MMR.

As I said, I'm new here, I play both killer and survivor, red rank on both. So I may be wrong. The game definitely feels like it favors survivors. When killers win it's usually by identifying the weaker survivors and using them to pressure the rest.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2021
    Options

I feel this. I swapped to Spirit to finish out the killer challenges, and almost had a 4K, but the last generator popped, erased blood, scratch marks, and overpowered audio, so they ended up healing up my two slugs and opening the exit gate. I still 3k'd, but it's obnoxious.

However, the struggle was that they got 3 gens done before I could get my first hook. Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows with Spirit.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I tried playing a solo survivor game but got tired of waiting for a game after 20 minutes so I switched to killer and had to play super sweaty because the obvious SWF knew my every move even sabotaging hooks as I get there, body blocking, forced DS trying to stop the unhook. Worst experience ever to feel forced to play toxic because you don't stand a chance otherwise.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

holding W is how you play against PH though. Waste as much time as possible holding W instead of trying to loop because all that happens there is he traps you at a loop until he finally gets a ranged down on you.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

I don't blame the survivors for playing like that, my point is it was incredibly boring for me and I can't imagine it was much fun for them either.

• quazzi76
    quazzi76 Member Posts: 77
    Options

I feel your pain. Either I got lucky with my 3 hooks or felt sorry for? Make the devs face aces in situations they aren't use to: mma fight against a champ, pro race car driver, chess grandmaster, golf pro, etc say have fun and make sure to win now.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited March 2021
    Options

I hope it makes me get closer matches more often. My main reason for stopping killer recently is that sitting in queue only to get 3 players that don't know what a pallet is or that I can very clearly hear them hiding while injured just isn't fun.

I want those close nail biters, where that last gen gets popped as I'm 3rd hooking the 2nd/3rd survivor.

That said I feel this system will just hurt veterans. Ruin/Undying Spirit/Freddy/Nurse and nothing else for good survivors.

Gen rush sweat squads all meta perks for good survivors. Fun

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

The issue is, it's impossible to measure true skill in this game.

Your average killer is running a build full of slowdowns, and your average survivor is running a build full of second chances, BNP toolboxes and instaheals (not exaggerating, 4/5 toolboxes these days are actually BNPs). Are they good at the game if they were carried by their builds? Is a survivor good at the game if they led a 3 gen chase? Maybe. But what if they dropped every pallet on the map in that 3 gen chase? Now there's 2 gens left and no pallets. Good luck, survivors.

Is a killer bad because they chose a stealth killer and got put on blood lodge, with every survivor having spine chill? Are the survivors better because they knew the killer was coming from a radius even larger than any terror radius in the game? Are the survivors better because they used their Spine Chill to hide?

Skill is IMPOSSIBLE to measure. During the MMR test, I was going against perks, not survivors. That's the problem. I have no problem being legitimately outplayed - but I want to FEEL outplayed. Not outperked.

• bootrocks
    bootrocks Member Posts: 10
    Options

I mean the higher level you get the matches should be harder, I haven't played in months so I started at level 20. I 4 kd every game (with the twins no less) until about level 10 then it got tougher, had some great games then some terrible ones. But then again that makes sense right? The better you get the better opponents you have... obviously

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

The long and short of it all is MMR is great for the majority of the player base. There's been fairer matchmaking regardless of rainbow ranks in the scoreboard. The games have been closer for both killer and survivor.

The only people who don't like it are killers predominantly who have only just realised they've not had to sweat for such a long time. The longer you've not had to consistently sweat the longer it's going to take you to get a win/loss ratio which matches you against easy survivors!

I'm a red rank but about 1k hour survivor and killer and the games were 100% more fun and closer as both survivor and killer!

I feel bad for the top 1-5% players as they may have long waits but actually what's the point in playing against survivors or killers that turn it into a non-game. 0 chases that last and 0 fun!

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    Options

For me was a very ralax experience, survivor ranks 16 with ranks 1, I would have liked to play more but I was very tired that day it was a shame, but as a survivor I avoided playing, I guess I would have been paired with green ranks.

• enderdrag
    enderdrag Member Posts: 2
    Options

maybe ur just bad

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

It makes sense though.

Anyone who was getting 4ks all the time on the old matchmaking is going to have a very high MMR. Old Matchmaking isn't good and let the game think you were doing better by beating players of widely different skill level. Given time and a few loses you'll eventually reach where you should be.

It's the same thing you see with killer streamers, they rarely lost on old matchmaking so their MMR was very high and now suddenly they're facing the top survivors and struggling. From what I've seen the system works for most but for people who play the game a lot it's going to take some time for the MMR to adjust and bring them down.

• DupstepAlex078
    DupstepAlex078 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Whoever thought that a game like Dead by Daylight needs skill based matchmaking is someone who doesn't understand the majority of the player base.

• Danblaster
    Danblaster Member Posts: 15
    Options

We all know how much the devs love going off the "statics", when it comes to making changes.

I say let them implement this mmr. After few months of collecting information, They will see what is consider "high level" dbd and balance the game around that skill based.

With that being said the rank categories "statistics" would have more meaning than they do now as well.

But this is bvhr we're talking about so my expectations are low.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

I honestly saw no real difference in my matches as a killer or survivor. I still managed to get 2-4k as killer and still had the same escape rate as a survivor. I played solo as survivor, 2 man swf, and 4 man swf - no distinguishable difference in matches.

I hope if they do another test that they do it over a 2-3 day weekend and reset everyone to rank 20 for the test that way all this anecdotal "evidence" of ranks (which are absolutely not indicative of skill) cannot be used as hyperbolic evidence.