When is the Freddy nerf coming?

Literally the most boring game of my ######### life. Why is this even a thing? I get Freddy was garbage before, but this is so dumb

Comments

• Sir_WAFFLZ
    Sir_WAFFLZ Member Posts: 45

It was me, my gf, and 2 randoms. All the gens got done, but we all died

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Ebony mori, pink and purple add-ons... I'm not sure this is an argument that freddy is OP, when he's gotta spend almost 20k bp to get that 4k. From the loadout looks like he was going hard for the 4k no matter who he had played as.

• Investigator
    Investigator Member Posts: 15

Does Insomnia give me a buff against Freddy though 🤔

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited March 2021

The slowdown add ons really aren't that bad on their own. Most players are just fooled by "red bar bad". Don't get me wrong they have absolutely no reason to exist. Gen slowdown add ons have existed in the past like the Begrimed Saw/Head. But they atleast required usage of your power. Those add ons are free pressure for nothing, which sums up 50% of Freddies power.

It's when you combine them with Corrupt to prevent early game gens, than once that first hook happens and Pop comes into play it just snowballs from there. The gen progression lost for survivors both from an across the map teleport (rather than all the potential repairing as the killer walks over), Pop and then being chased is devastating to anything but a 4 stack SWF. Then there's Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer which is basically the "yeah you should probably just play a different game today" build.

I miss when cleaning up a good team as Freddy meant you just had a great understanding of chase fundamentals and good decision making, knowing when to hit and run and when to commit. Now it means you have good perks.

Also to note. I think I'd be kind of OK with pallets base kit. Wouldn't make him anywhere near as good in a chase but would give an actual reason to try and stay awake. Currently theres no reason to wake up unless he has stacked slowdown add ons + thana or something. Mainly because you fall asleep again too quickly and the alarm clock 9/10 times is on the other end of the map.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

He does need a nerf. i can't stand him myself.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2021

0 gen defense, how you guys had a problem against that? no ruin, no tinkerer, no bbq just pop without info of where to go and moris are useless now, and those addons were nerfed to the ground, if everyone is on dream state thats roughly 8% slowdown... so you probably didnt play right,.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yeah by overkill i didnt mean as in "the add on itself wins you every game you play", but that they can be freely combined with any slowdown perk build you want, aswell as being present all the time due to passive sleeping.

like, basekit freddy already has a LOT at his disposal, he got map pressure (teleport), stealth (2D lullaby), chase (snares), tracking (survivors glow white when asleep) and game slowdown (waking up requires either missed skillchecks, a waking up animation that takes longer each time its performed or one specific clock that spawns on the other side of the map - and not waking up can be countered by using slowdown add ons).

now add any type of perk build on top of that and you just get a killer who has way too much going for him at once, especially considering, as you correctly said, his almost non existant input to get all of those benefits.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

He doesnt need that much gen defense with such a huge stack of gen slowdown, Thanatophobia, Dying Light ensure people are going to work slower on gens, Sloppy ensures slow heals and synergizes with Thanatophobia, Swing Chains works as 2 stacks of Thanatophobia and Red Paint Brush ensures people can only wake up by using an alarm clock which takes roughly 40 seconds.

With 4 injures and 4 people sleeping (not hard to achieve) gen speed is 28% which translates in 22 extra seconds per gen, that not counting Dying Light stacks, healing with Mangled is ~19 seconds with chains gets to ~22 seconds.

The cherry on all of that is Pop which reduces 25% and adds 20 seconds per gen before slowdowns.

This build is INSANELY boring to face against.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Freddy is fine

• gibblywibblywoo

Agreed. Basekit Freddies utility even with no add ons is kind of insane. Before I stopped playing him I used to just use Corrupt and still win a good chunk of games with a landslide.

A lot of people playing old Freddy despite his blatant weaknesses. I loved him. Freddy being buffed to be overwhelmingly strong actually ruined him for me as I liked the challenge. Might be why I was so drawn to Clown at release.

Micheal is not competitive, tons of people still play him. I still break him out sometimes when I want to take it easy.

Also "unorganised teams" make up the vast majority of survivors. Even in red ranks. Devs released stats (admittedly a long time ago now) that showed that something like 60% of games played were all solo players.

Also don't bring up kill rate. Did you see his kill rate? Devs want balanced matches to end in 2 kills 2 escapes. Most killers average to about 40-60% depending on their strength. Freddy was above 75% iirc. Quite high for such a braindead easy to play killer.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited March 2021

I'm down for a Freddy nerf but honestly I'd be fine with just his slowdown addons getting nerfed, those addons are BS. I'm gonna put my Freddy change ideas here:

• Remove his ability to cancel dream projections (aka teleporting to generators) so that he is forced to teleport if he chooses to.
    • Make it so he can only teleport to generators each time a generator is completed. Makes him a better Demogorgon with the ability to cancel his teleports and teleport almost any time. His cooldown can be removed if he gets this feature.
    • Decrease the snare's Hindered effect by 5% so that it's just 10%. It's crazy how Clown has only 4 bottles in his basekit while Freddy has 8 without needing to reload them.
    • Change the Outdoor Rope, Jump Rope, and Swing Chains addons so they don't slow down the action speed of survivors.
    • If Freddy is running Dream Pallets, the ability to teleport to generators has a cooldown, but no requirement for generators being completed. You'll also be able to cancel his dream projection.
  • StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I don't disagree with this sentiment, but I DO think that Freddy gets too many passive bonuses. I don't think his POTENTIAL should get nerfed, not at all. I just don't like that he passively builds to that potential, while other Killers have to work for it.

Also, Freddy has one of the highest win rates in the game. The stats are best taken with a turbo-sized grain of salt, but it's hard to say he doesn't have the highest win rate when the only stats we have say he does. Against tourney team? Nah, he doesn't stand a chance. Good comms and/or sticking to objectives ruins him. Overall, though, his win rate is the highest, and actually by a notable margin.

• StibbityStabbity

No, I said I don't like his passive power-up. I would prefer him to actively get his power up than receive it passively. I don't want his potential nerfed, I just want him to work for it rather than passively gain it. I would personally just remove the sleep timer and make him hit people for sleep. If that meant keeping Survivors asleep on hook and when unhooked, fine. So long as Freddy is the one putting them to sleep with his actions, not through a timer that just gives him benefits.

• gibblywibblywoo

I think you're mistaken.

For a killer requiring no real mechanical skill freddy is overwhelmingly strong. No other killer in the game has free map pressure through passive sleeping, built in anti loop with infinitely spammable traps and near instant across the map mobility that Freddy has. And that's before perks come into play, which lets face it, determine 90% of match outcomes nowadays if the killer/map pick hasn't already. Every other high tier killer requires some form of learning their power to play well. Nurse is obvious but a good billy needs to learn to curve, a good huntress needs to learn charge time and what will and wont clip her hatchet at loops.

Even Spirit. Another killer I stopped playing and am not fond of, at least requires a knowledge of survivor habits and quick decision making during phase. And is still extremely fun to play as.

Freddy you play like an other M1 killer but have training wheels bolted on to you to prevent any potential losses. I feel like Papa Cote is holding my hand when playing Freddy. Making sure I don't lose and leave a bad review on the steam store page.

He's pretty boring to play after the first 10 hours. There isn't even a difference between a 10 hour freddy player and an 1000 hour freddy player. He's incredibly shallow yet extremely strong. There's nothing to learn with him.

• gibblywibblywoo

"pub stomper" means nothing in a game where 99.9% of games are pubs btw. And competitive dbd is laughable.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

Maybe next mid-chapter patch?

• Tomskrex
    Tomskrex Member Posts: 142

Why not? It is public data by behaviour which can be used as argument in discussion, are you calling them fake?

Lots of unorganized teams are players fault, one of possible improvements there is Normal and Ranked games,

Myers is then also "OP". He has ability to kill whole team without mori or devour hope. He will eat unorganized team with this, but organized team will eat him up. If you like challenge, try deathslinger, he is challenging and rewarding. If they revert to old Freddy, rest assured, I will not touch him, because getting run down is not my thing. Lots of survivors are comfortable with killers being weak but wreak havoc when killer can't be bullied that easily. (I play both survivor and killer equally.)

That is my point, Freddy needs bit of fairness balancing, what he doesn't need is hammer nerf which will push him from A tier to F tier as lot of people propose it should be done. Survivor loses to good Freddy and in angry rage calls for nerf as Freddy is this 1 click 4K killer. Freddy who does not know killer basics will get eaten up same as any other killer. I am an average casual. I've eaten bad teams with Freddy and got eaten by good teams with him.

• gibblywibblywoo

I'm saying that using kill rates for Freddy does not help your case. If a killer as "fine" as Freddy has higher kill rates (significantly so) than other top tiers thats a problem.

I don't want him nerfed into the ground. People react and go "REEEE stop nerfing killers" like there's no case ever where a killer should be nerfed, no matter how small. I don't want him nerfed to dirt, I don't want Spirit nerfed to dirt. I just want them to be more enjoyable to play as or against.

Freddy needs to be neutered a bit and given some form of skill ceiling. He's mindless right now and too much of his strength is handed to him on a silver platter. Even nerfing passive sleeping could have a large knock on effect to his presssure. They should try different things in the PTB and see what keeps him strong whilst also making him not a snoozefest.

I think one aspect of him should be nerfed, either make snares load in slower to prevent just cheesing every loop with no setup in 2 seconds or maybe nerf passive sleeping and lower teleport recharge rate or something else.

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited March 2021

At this point passive sleeping should just be removed alltogether or completely reworked. It's shockingly poorly implemented compared to old Freddy. Give the teleport a flat cooldown or something.

It feels like an afterthought. It only matters if hes stacked slowdown, it DOES have a pretty major effect on the teleport but as survivors cannot see this nor wake up for any reasonable amount of time without wasting stupid amounts of time to find the clock it is more or less irrelevant.

Wether you wake up from a missed skill check or find the alarm clock, you lose more time than simply doing gens (even with some of the slowdown add ons). It's bizarre and makes me wonder why they even kept the dream realm to begin with. There's just zero incentive.

• gibblywibblywoo

You'll find no love for Spirit from me. But that's not what we're talking about here.

You're getting awfully defensive. Play a lot of freddy, perchance?

• gibblywibblywoo

People seem to think I want him nerfed to dirt, this forum is full of morons so I'm not surprised.

I just want to reach a point where I don't go "oh great, a freddy. Welp this'll be boring", which is unfortunately every match.

I want to go "ooooh, a Freddy" like I do when I get an Oni or a Billy or Blight. All strong killers, I don't care if I win or lose. But I have fun. I actually get excited when I hear their specific sound effects at match start. I see those alarm clock icons and immediately want to play a different game.

Nothing about Freddy's current design inspires fun gameplay. Same reason I stopped playing Freddy and Spirit. They simply weren't fun nor challenging.

• gibblywibblywoo

That's an interesting idea for a rework. But I'd like to try it out in PTB first. It sounds like it would suffer from the same problem as Oni. However his additional utility that Oni lacks could make up for it.

Deny that first hit by playing safe at pallets and 3 gens can pop before that first down. Granted that only really works in swf as he can just break off and ambush a gen.

• StibbityStabbity

As long as he's hitting people and putting them to sleep, that shouldn't be an issue. Also, make hooks no longer wake people up, which would keep them asleep longer. As long as Freddy is being active, people will be asleep. If that's not enough, increase the charge time slightly for each person asleep, so long as he's hitting them to put them to sleep. If that's not enough, make blowing gens no longer wake people up, so long as Freddy is hitting people to put them to sleep. If that's not enough, make it so that players can't wake each other up and can only use Clocks to wake up, so long as Freddy is putting people to sleep.

See where I'm going here? As long as Freddy is being active to put people to sleep, you can buff other areas. I'm not calling for a nerf, just a slight balance shift so he doesn't passively gain bonuses. You can buff other areas in turn. The absolute WORST thing about facing Freddy is how Survivors will passively enter the Dream World. Get rid of that, buff other aspects to give him strength without a full stack of sleeping nerds, and BADABING, he's fine.

• gibblywibblywoo

I think that's what most people, myself included hate about Freddy. He just... gets given pressure for free. Spammable snares are very annoying but its when you combine it with other factors that he gets tedious.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I mean, it's no more boring than DS/UB/DH/IW every game on the survivor side. Freddy is an M1 killer at the end of the day. Adapt.

Oh wait, survivors don't adapt. I forgot.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,617

Ah, people still complain about my main, I see. I am getting tired of reading such posts. Freddy has been my main ever since I first started playing, prior to his rework. Old Freddy was not as bad as most people say he was, but he did need a few buffs and QoL changes.

But we all know that didn't happen, and he got a full rework instead. Is he OP now? No, he is not. Never was, and never will be. At the end of the day, Freddy is a M1 killer. If you spam your Snares, that might cost you the match. Passive sleep doesn't make a huge difference if he doesn't have slowdown add-ons. And, if he does, it is easy to push through them and finish the gens. As for pallets... well, no one complain about pallets.

And that is pretty much it. Do not cry for nerfs. Adapt.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

I want freddy the same love devs gave to MoM

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

In about 10 years after they are another 5 killer more annoying to vs than him.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Devs: Pop needs its timer reduced!

Also Devs: Stacking Thana, Freddy's two slowdown addons, Dying Light, Ruin and Undying is TOTALLY okay.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    edited March 2021

The only people who think Freddy is fine are those who play him, those who never go against him and maybe some 4 man SWFs.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

lol if Freddy was playing against good survivors, swf or not, they'd have 3 gens at 75% before his power even took effect, and he wouldn't have a hit in.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Nah, he should be nerfed because his basekit gives him so much with no backdraws, he has a very good stealth mechanic (better than Ghostface, Myers and Jigsaw), better loop closing than most loop closers with no drawbacks (he doesnt need to stop to set up traps like Hag or Trapper), better chase than others (more than Clown and Doctor) and better mobility than Spirit, Nurse and Hillbilly (he can teleport to wathever Gen needs pressure), thats why he needs a nerf, myself finding one specific build boring has nothing to do with the nerf he is going to get but all the stuff he has on his basekit for free with no drawbacks is what is deserving of it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The amount of bloodpoints spent is negligible in a game like DbD. It is essentially a non-issue, since you could bring this in in most of your trials just by swapping out Dying Light for BBQ and running BP add-ons when you have no Mori.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

True, it depends what perks the person is using and how well they use him too. he seems to be more powerful with the more powerful perks that i have seen people use and have watched videos of. i have recently gotten back into the game i main Freddy i used to play him before had fun then and do now.. apart from the matchmaking is not good right now.. but some people play Freddy different and i am one that is still learning. I'd say i play fair. also usually let the last survivor go because why not haha if i killed everyone else. but sometimes we need t think people are also trying to get trophies too with some killers same with survivors.

• FreddysMain

I think he is good how her is, teleporting, getting stronger in the dream world because in the movies that is exactly what happens with him. I think some people just don't like some killers and like to complain about it, if they lose to often. I mean i would not say its a loss or win. some people will be really good at the killer. he takes all the souls and gets stronger. poor Freddy.

• FreddysMain

Looking at the image and the persons loadout that seems strong. also imagine the hours in the game. I don't think he needs to be changed just maybe limit to what perks can be used? maybe some perks are not as strong? also red ranks Freddy is stronger then.

I usually like to practice in private game against a Freddy so when i come against him then i can try to survive but does not always happen.

you will get some nice Freddy's and some amazingly good ones that are scary and kill everyone.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2021

Making pallet Freddy basekit would make him even more braindead. I would hate that!

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    edited March 2021

This is true

lf they nerf Freddy he will be hanging out with hillbilly.

They never slightly nerf a killer they usually make them unplayable or a joke.

• gibblywibblywoo

Billy only became unplayable to players who were carried by his add ons. He's toughter to play now, sure. Because you have to actually learn his power.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I think it's a sign of how hard the player was sweating. Absent a video it's the best evidence we've got. Pretty clear from the loadout that this Freddy was going super sweat, that was more or less my point. To me, for him to be a "braindead killer with an op base kit" as I have heard him described we would be seeing a freddy with few to no perks cleaning up. However it seems like each of these always tells the same story, which is a freddy running the slowdown meta with the highest rarity add-ons and offering they can. On doc If I run both king and queen I'm almost certain to 4k, but that doesn't prove anything about doc's base kit, just how good his pink addons are, which I would argue they should be, due to their rarity.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

The alarm clocks need to be randomized, not ALWAYS the furthest clock away