Dragon's Grip and NOED: 1-Shot Perks Are Grossly Unbalanced

Options
2»

Comments

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

@NomiNomad That was a good Squidward line XD From the Bubble Bass episode. Touche'.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Sluzzy, I love a good troll every now and again, but this is getting boring.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

If you're dying regularly to Dragon's Grip, then either:

1) You're somehow regularly facing the only ten people in the world who actually run the perk on a regular basis for all of your matches, and

2) You probably need to work on your survivor gameplay. Like ... a lot, lol.

Somewhat entertaining, as always -- though, at some point the OP is going to need to adapt and expand their range, lest these threads become tedious, lazy, and unimaginative. You don't want to become the Adam Sandler of thread content here, lol.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

The way they post, I'm starting to wonder if they secretly work on the balance team. 😂

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,767
    Options

ah the weekly Sluzzy post, oh how I love reading obvious bait and watching 80% of comments think this is actually serious

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Why are there no cute Penguin Pics in this Bait threads? Kinda disappointing :(

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

1) You're somehow regularly facing the only ten people in the world who actually run the perk on a regular basis for all of your matches, and

It doesn't really matter how often it is used if it creates unfun / uncounterable situations when it does get used.

2) You probably need to work on your survivor gameplay. Like ... a lot, lol.

Please explain what the counter against a Wraith with the silent uncloak add-on with Dragon's Grip is. You don't know that the generator you are going to repair has the effect of Dragon's Grip on it. You can't just ignore every regressing generator you come across, which is the only guaranteed way that you can avoid Dragon's Grip. Eventually you are going to touch a generator that has Dragon's Grip on it and then downed immediately by the killer who was uncloaking silently near the generator as soon as they saw you going to it.

Is it a terrible game plan for the killer to do this? Yes. Is it rare for this to happen? Also yes. But that doesn't really matter overall if it creates unfun situations for the Survivor players. OP is just pointing out that you can't really do much against this specific setup.

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213
    Options

"In the state of the game today with survivors being so nerfed and oppressed"

i think thats a joke lads

but dragons grip is actually good tho, ngl. pgtw, dragons, "That stealth gen-kicking perk" and whatever you want make 1-2 gens a hell

• ChiSoxFan11
    edited March 2021
    Options

Once you touch the gen and scream, you should be immediately headed off of that generator, looking around for someone headed your way -- and you should be headed for a safe tile you should have scoped out before you even got onto the generator to begin with. Even a camping Wraith will have to uncloak, which should give you time to head towards that safe tile, the same way you would if you were playing against a Myers who had just reached Tier 3 or a GF who's managed to stalk you fully while you're on the gen. If you're playing against someone running Haunted Ground and being chased as the totem gets broken, you're going to be one-shot and there's about as much "counterplay" in that situation too -- is that perk OP and broken as well? 🙄

Dragon's Grip is only run in meme builds for a reason. If you know you're playing against a killer that's running it, you're going to have to be more cautious working on gens and looking for escape routes to safety if you get caught on one that's been affected. Someone on the team -- maybe you -- MIGHT be caught off guard once and downed, but after that, there's no excuse but carelessness if the killer manages to get another down with it. Since that won't be too often with a cooldown of 80 seconds at Tier 3, any killer that's spending time camping whatever gen they've kicked is going to have a short game while competent survivors will pound out gens across the map everywhere else and have an easy escape.

I play 20-25 hours of survivor a week, and I can count the number of times I've been downed by someone with Dragon's Grip on one hand with fingers left over, and I'm pretty sure that in all of those matches, DG was never a determining factor in the outcome of any of the literally hundreds of games I've played since the perk was released. While I'm a Red Rank survivor, I can promise you, I'm not that good -- it's the perk that is mediocre, and that's being kind. Of all of the things that people should be concerned with from a survivor standpoint, this niche perk with limited effectiveness is simply NOT one of them.

ETA: I almost forgot to mention the short 30 second activation period the perk has after kicking the generator to begin with. The idea that survivors have to ignore every regressing generator across the map because of this perk would be absurd. Largely, the only people who are going to be affected are people who jump right back onto a gen the second a killer has left after kicking it -- if you're coming across a gen regressing on the map somewhere, it's almost certain that the 30 seconds have elapsed and you won't be exposed (and the perk is probably on cooldown).

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Regression speed is 1/4 of repair speed base but ruin bumps it up to 1/2

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Once you touch the gen and scream, you should be immediately headed off of that generator, looking around for someone headed your way -- and you should be headed for a safe tile you should have scoped out before you even got onto the generator to begin with. Even a camping Wraith will have to uncloak, which should give you time to head towards that safe tile, the same way you would if you were playing against a Myers who had just reached Tier 3 or a GF who's managed to stalk you fully while you're on the gen. 

The Wraith can start uncloaking (silently, due to the add-on) before you touch the generator, while you are heading to it. If timed properly you will have minimal time to react to the scream and then you are downed. The problem is this specific situation, where you can't do anything except go down.

Intentionally creating such a situation is, as I already pointed out, a bad strategy for the Killer player, and also not common, but it can be done and it's not very fun for the Survivor players. That's the entire problem. The problem is almost certainly not big enough to warrant changes to either Wraith or Dragon's Grip, but it's still worth pointing out that.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I wonder what Sluzzy's actual thoughts are. Could these possibly be more than just troll posts?

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

While that might be something that can happen, and you can make the argument that it's not "fun", we'll have to respectfully disagree that whether that constitutes a "problem". It's not fun to have a Myers tier up on someone else on your team, pop Tier 3 on you, then instadown you either, but that's not a "problem", even if it's not fun for you as the player downed.

As someone who plays both sides regularly, there's plenty of things that aren't going to be "fun" for either side. I think people confuse "fun" with "fair" far too often. If the developers eliminated everything that wasn't "fun" for both survivors and killers, there wouldn't be a game left to play.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options

You could make an argument about NOED, but Dragon's Grip? Why??

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

The real question is who is actually upvoting these posts???

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Look, sweetie, you need to go play killer for a while. And I'm not talking Spirit with Yakuoke/MDRing or Forever Freddy at rank 10 like you so clearly do.

Go play Demogorgon. He's a nice middle-ground killer. Go play Demogorgon with all the things you complain about and see what happens.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I do on my Nurse, she can capitalize on survivors who think they can gen-tap. 😅

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Whenever I'm having a bad day I always go on dbd forums and check sluzzys post history so I can have a laugh lmao. Anyway dragons grip is only good if the survivor touches the gen even then you still loop the killer or drop pallets early. Noed is only activated at the end of the game if all totems spawn and can be destroyed as well.

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

Is my offering accepted..? Maybe no feathers but lads be cute nonetheless!!

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59
    Options

I meant fur oh god they definitely do have feathers I'm sorry

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

They are still cute and relatively fluffy and therefore accepted by the Cute Fluffy Animal King. Welcome to the Kingdom.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Options

On point as ever I see Sluzzy

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

I personally just stopped reading as soon as I saw who posted it.

Every thread started by this OP is a "Killer needs nerfed" topic. I think they think this is a single player game and they want "beginner difficulty" mode.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

I opened it to see that it was Sluzzy

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

To be fair, it punishes stealth...

Stealth should be encouraged.