Hag needs a nerf.

Options
Not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion but I believe the hag right now is horrible to play against.

The problem is she's unbearable without Urban Evasion. Everyone knows most hags put down around 5 traps per hooked survivor. Its not just one next to the hook, they're spread about all around the hook in about a 15-20m area.

It can take forever to crouch walk towards the hook but outside of a co-ordinated 4 man SWF it's the only way to save someone.

Then once you unhook them you need to crouch walk away again. This can take like 30 seconds to get out of the area - when the Hag will already be running back to tunnel. This is extremely unfair on the hooked survivor and it makes the hags camping game far too strong.

Even with Urban Evasion she's still strong. Walking speed still makes it hard to unhook survivors. She's the only killer in the game who can force slow unhooks like this.

Therefore I propose that running still sets off her traps but walking doesn't. That way people are still slowed down but it's not nigh on impossible to stop a camp & tunnel without one specific perk - urban evasion.

Or at the very least, make it so that standing still doesnt set off her traps. So many times you get unhooked then because the person doesnt hold crouch at the same time as soon as the unhook animation ends it counts as them standing and it sets off a trap.

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

No.
    Flash lights can destroy traps.
    Crouching to rescue will slowdown the game to some point which this game desperately needs.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

As a hag/clown main on pc I will tell you how to do it.

Avoid anything that looks like a doorway or window or pallet, when leaving the hook. If you can get to the outer edge of the map while crouching, you tend to be pretty safe. Sometimes I'll trap a T window out there, but usualy i'll trap in the directions of major obsticals and paths.

This is for 2 reasons:

1: i want to catch you or the unhooker

2: if ya'll shinobi away, those traps can still be useful in another chase.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,806
    Options

30 seconds...uhm no.

It seems like bait to me too. Satirical. Wait, individual killers actually have their own advantages? Nah, we need to nerf her asap she can't have any kind of useful tool. Traps are too useful and can only be destroyed by flashlights and voided entirely with crouching. But crouching takes too much effort so we need to change this. Really?

lmao, take the advantage Urban evasion has and make it universal. If it worked that way. Absolutely no one would ever set off Hag traps ANYWHERE other than placed between the random doorway or something. Why would anyone ever run near a hook or a gen if walking simply voided it? lmao combine that with flaslights and she wouldn't even have a single advantage.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Oh look. The DBD forums filled with killer mains again who cry at the idea of any possible negative adjustment to a killer  :| I'm sure if I made a post asking to reduce survivors to 95% running speed though you'd be all for it. This is why I stopped posting here. It's just people who struggle with killer crying for them to be OP beasts and coming up with ideas for the devs to implement more instakills lmfao

It is a 2 sided game you know. Survivors need to enjoy themselves too.

@SmokePotion I'll respond to you first since you responded in a non-toxic way.

The problem is the hags place at least 5 traps randomly around the hook. It's not just doorways/pallets, its completely surrounding the hook area so that no survivor could ever guess where they are. Maybe outside of a SWF.

@Rebel_Raven Flashlights? :lol: oh please, everyone knows flashlight in a lobby = lobby dodge. Theres literally no point to bringing them because killers are terrified.

@ASurvkillivorer Umm no, this wouldn't make her worthless. People would still have to use walking speed to rescue. She would still be able to slow survivors down in a way that no other killer can. Urban Evasion does not completely counter hags camping contrary to salty killer belief. It merely makes it tolerable.

When a hag puts 5+ traps around a hook, and a survivor is unhooked and has to croucbwalk away since traps have an insane trigger radius theres no way they're getting away before the hag comes running back to tunnel. Everygame vs the hag jist ends up becoming a campfest. Its boring. But then again you guys need your precious camping dont you? The tears on this forum after they inplemented the losing points for camping change says it all lmao

@Malakir Oh look it's you and @Wolf74 crying yet again about the mere mention of a possible nerf. Do you guys really struggle that much as killer? Maybe if you stopped camping so hard?

Hag is awful to play against. All im suggesting is that survivors have to WALK rather than crouch walk.  This would still slow them down and make it hard. Hell buff her to 115% speed in exchange. I dont care. Id rather have her be more difficult in that way because at thr moment shes not fun to play aginst without UE. Keyword: fun. Traps or no traps shes still easy to extend chases with. Hence why they often rely so much on camping, and camping isnt fun.
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Oh look. The DBD forums filled with killer mains again who cry at the idea of any possible negative adjustment to a killer  :| I'm sure if I made a post asking to reduce survivors to 95% running speed though you'd be all for it. This is why I stopped posting here. It's just people who struggle with killer crying for them to be OP beasts and coming up with ideas for the devs to implement more instakills lmfao

The problem is the hags place at least 5 traps randomly around the hook. It's not just doorways/pallets, its completely surrounding the hook area so that no survivor could ever guess where they are. Maybe outside of a SWF.

>

Bad hags put a few around the hook (this is a huge waste of time) good ones trap your run paths and jungle gyms. Next time try crouching to the outer wall of the map and healing/ running there. MOST of us wont trap the outside wall. If you and the unhooker hold crouch while you are unhooked, you will be crouched when the animation ends,a nd the traps will not go off.

Not sure if you knew that one. Also, if our teamate trips the trap, the trap looks at them, and that's where the hag will be looking when she tp's in. You can use this to shinobi away, around a real close tree. let your friend take a hit for you, you get healed up and go do a gen, let someone else lose a life unhooking, while you do gens.

Hags tend to be tied up in the area around a hook. If you do the gens opposite of that, she is stuck kinda "Camping" cause she wont want to leave tp range.

That said, if you are popping traps in her tp range, she has the ability to chase more then one person at a time.

• The_Crusader
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

>

Bad hags put a few around the hook (this is a huge waste of time) good ones trap your run paths and jungle gyms. Next time try crouching to the outer wall of the map and healing/ running there. MOST of us wont trap the outside wall. If you and the unhooker hold crouch while you are unhooked, you will be crouched when the animation ends,a nd the traps will not go off.

Not sure if you knew that one. Also, if our teamate trips the trap, the trap looks at them, and that's where the hag will be looking when she tp's in. You can use this to shinobi away, around a real close tree. let your friend take a hit for you, you get healed up and go do a gen, let someone else lose a life unhooking, while you do gens.

Hags tend to be tied up in the area around a hook. If you do the gens opposite of that, she is stuck kinda "Camping" cause she wont want to leave tp range.

That said, if you are popping traps in her tp range, she has the ability to chase more then one person at a time.

But thats the problem, these "bad hags".

They put a trap directly in front of the survivor. They put 1 trap 5m out. 1 trap 10m out, and 1 trap 15m out.

You don't know where the traps are so you either run close and hope you don't hit any, or you crouch walk the whole way which at a 1.13m/s movement speed can take a while.

Then you unhook, and you need to get away from the hook ASAP before the hag comes back (and they ALWAYS come running back). So the survivor who was hooked either has to crouch walk out past a ton of traps or run and hope for the best.

I just find games against hag can become a camp fest.
  • TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

@Rebel_Raven Flashlights? :lol: oh please, everyone knows flashlight in a lobby = lobby dodge. Theres literally no point to bringing them because killers are terrified.

@ASurvkillivorer Umm no, this wouldn't make her worthless. People would still have to use walking speed to rescue. She would still be able to slow survivors down in a way that no other killer can. Urban Evasion does not completely counter hags camping contrary to salty killer belief. It merely makes it tolerable.

When a hag puts 5+ traps around a hook, and a survivor is unhooked and has to croucbwalk away since traps have an insane trigger radius theres no way they're getting away before the hag comes running back to tunnel. Everygame vs the hag jist ends up becoming a campfest. Its boring. But then again you guys need your precious camping dont you? The tears on this forum after they inplemented the losing points for camping change says it all lmao

@Malakir Oh look it's you and @Wolf74 crying yet again about the mere mention of a possible nerf. Do you guys really struggle that much as killer? Maybe if you stopped camping so hard?

Hag is awful to play against. All im suggesting is that survivors have to WALK rather than crouch walk.  This would still slow them down and make it hard. Hell buff her to 115% speed in exchange. I dont care. Id rather have her be more difficult in that way because at thr moment shes not fun to play aginst without UE. Keyword: fun. Traps or no traps shes still easy to extend chases with. Hence why they often rely so much on camping, and camping isnt fun.
    Why would anyone want survivors at 95% movement speed? That's a dumb example and I'm a killer main -.-. Also we're not bitching about it, it's a terrible idea to nerf her cause it would make her complete crap like she was before the rework. Survivors being able to walk over traps without triggering them would be way too broken since it be way too easy to avoid them even at low ranks. She's never being nerfed, no matter how much you whine.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options

Ohh no.. He's "special". I'm sorry, didn't Kew you needed special attentions. Next time I won't use complicated words or explain logic. You're not ready yet sweetheart
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    Malakir said:

Ohh no.. He's "special". I'm sorry, didn't Kew you needed special attentions. Next time I won't use complicated words or explain logic. You're not ready yet sweetheart
    Does this forum have an ignore list? Because I need you on it.

All you do is get insulting everytime someone dare start a discussion about a possible nerf to anything killer related. You're toxic as hell. I bet you're one of those who facecamps and tbags in the game.
  • Malakir
    Options
    Malakir said:

All you do is get insulting everytime someone dare start a discussion about a possible nerf to anything killer related. You're toxic as hell. I bet you're one of those who facecamps and tbags in the game.
    well, so you can call me out but I can't? You can assume sht but I can't? Check you privilege dude

I explained why she is the way she is and why your idea is stupid since it would be just a straight up Nerf for your incompetence and lazyness, then you talk down to me just dismissing that comment and now you act as a victim?

Are you okay dude? You need a hug?

Come on you can't be real. Well you are toxic as well, who make threads and call anybody a killer main or whatever main twisting words to fit your narrative. I think that is more toxic like you prove countless times so if you dismiss my comments that EXPLAIN why its a bad idea thinking its not worth your attention, take the trade and be treated like you threat others. Like trash

I accepted the deal, I'm a dick I get treated like I act, so don't play victim when you do the same in different shapes. Grow up
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    Malakir said:
    Malakir said:

well, so you can call me out but I can't? You can assume sht but I can't? Check you privilege dude

I explained why she is the way she is and why your idea is stupid since it would be just a straight up Nerf for your incompetence and lazyness, then you talk down to me just dismissing that comment and now you act as a victim?

Come on you can't be real. Well you are toxic as well, who make threads and call anybody a killer main or whatever main twisting words to fit your narrative. I think that is more toxic like you prove countless times so if you dismiss my comments that EXPLAIN why its a bad idea thinking its not worth your attention, take the trade and be treated like you threat others. Like trash

I accepted the deal, I'm a dick I get treated like I act, so don't play victim when you do the same in different shapes. Grow up
    You start it everytime. You call people idiots and make assumptions.

Sure I make asumptions back but thats just me being dragged into your cloud of toxicity. At least I dont insult you.

Theres no need for you to automatically go down that path everytime you disagree with someone.
  • Malakir
    Options
    Malakir said:
    Malakir said:

You start it everytime. You call people idiots and make assumptions.

Sure I make asumptions back but thats just me being dragged into your cloud of toxicity. At least I dont insult you.

Theres no need for you to automatically go down that path everytime you disagree with someone.
    OK keep playing victim. If makes you feel good okay whatever
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Enough. Cease the arguing and let it go. Does The Hag need a nerf? No, from my viewpoint one simply needs to learn how to play around her, crouching eliminates 99% of your problems, a flashlight eliminates most of them too, the one thing she excels in is chases but other than that it's all on the Survivor to play smart. If the game is slower that's not entirely due to her, but even if it is that's fairly needed in the current meta. One tip would be to ensure the generators left for the end phase are spread way out/across the map from each other, this is important for any Killer but even more so for the Hag.

• Malakir
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Aerys said:

Enough. Cease the arguing and let it go. Does The Hag need a nerf? No, from my viewpoint one simply needs to learn how to play around her, crouching eliminates 99% of your problems, a flashlight eliminates most of them too, the one thing she excels in is chases but other than that it's all on the Survivor to play smart. If the game is slower that's not entirely due to her, but even if it is that's fairly needed in the current meta. One tip would be to ensure the generators left for the end phase are spread way out/across the map from each other, this is important for any Killer but even more so for the Hag.

people already said all these things. He just dismissed those instantly so yeah.. He won't change his mind or think so there is actually no point to argue. Just look how he responded to bring a flashlight "lol if I bring that the killer dodge lmao your point is invalid lol" can't explain things to someone that close minded
  • milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi I'm a survivor main. And on the occasion of 1.5x bloodpoints I main hag for the reason is NOT OP. Survivors can easily avoid traps by crouching or flashlights and the hag will never know you are there until the action has been done. She has nothing that makes her useful in a chase outside of her traps. As survivor most of the time I go against her I find her easy to avoid outside of careless teammates. I can support the standing still however I almost never run against a hag and if walking did not set off traps she would be completely useless. There are killers that are incredibly more OP. Her hexes are useful however can be destroyed. I find each totem needs about 3 traps minimum to work and SwF groups can destroy the hag in any match. Her pink addon is actually useless unless you know how to use it because of the teleporting mechanics of it. She isnt the easy to go against but she isnt incredibly difficult either. As a survivor I would much rather go against some other killer over a hag for her locating ability.
  • The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

The only thing that is actually broken on her is one Add-on. Here super rare Add-On, that allows her to teleport to every trap on the map. Combine that with Make Your Choice and easy game. Without a flashlight you are lost.

Otherwise she is pretty fine killer even tho its annoying that you can just do something with a flashlight, cause, to be honest, I just see hags in rank 1, that are placing 10 traps around you and still camps your ass. But I never really see here. Maybe 1/50 Matches. And I am glad about it.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Everyone knows most hags put down around 5 traps per hooked survivor. Its not just one next to the hook, they're spread about all around the hook in about a 15-20m area.

Hags that do this have no chase potential though, since they waste most of their traps for camping. Be smart when doing unhooks* and they'll have no power at all, they'll be just a slower m1 killer.

*and for the love of god, DON'T run after someone slowly crouched all the way to unhook you, you'll just waste all his efforts to unhook you safely.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I don't think the problem is that she's OP (she's balanced), but it's players that simply don't crouch. I've seen so many players think that they can just run around against a Hag or they don't crouch when getting unhooked and they end up setting off her traps. It makes me not want to save anyone and just cleanse totems and do gens when against a Hag because they'll probably set off her traps the moment I save them. This type of information should be included in the tutorial and maybe force players to finish each tutorial before they could go into public matches. Then maybe people will learn to crouch near hooks, totems, and loop areas and stop making Hag seem OP.

• The_Crusader
    Options

I don't think the problem is that she's OP (she's balanced), but it's players that simply don't crouch. I've seen so many players think that they can just run around against a Hag or they don't crouch when getting unhooked and they end up setting off her traps. It makes me not want to save anyone and just cleanse totems and do gens when against a Hag because they'll probably set off her traps the moment I save them. This type of information should be included in the tutorial and maybe force players to finish each tutorial before they could go into public matches. Then maybe people will learn to crouch near hooks, totems, and loop areas and stop making Hag seem OP.

Its not that shes OP as a whole, or that people dont crouch.

My point was her camp game is too strong.

If she puts traps 5m from the hook, 10m, 15m...then do you crouch walk the whole way? At normal crouch speed?

When the survivor is unhooked do you heal under the hook knowing shes coming back? Do you attempt to crouch walk away knowing shes coming back? Or do you run and hope for the best?
  • BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hag is fine. Get good. 
  • Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited November 2018
    Options

Keep your dirty paws off my hag. >:[

• TheMadDoctor
    Options

Its not that shes OP as a whole, or that people dont crouch.

My point was her camp game is too strong.

If she puts traps 5m from the hook, 10m, 15m...then do you crouch walk the whole way? At normal crouch speed?

When the survivor is unhooked do you heal under the hook knowing shes coming back? Do you attempt to crouch walk away knowing shes coming back? Or do you run and hope for the best?
    ....isn't that a good thing? It's supposed to be tense and if you can avoid it by crouching, just get away, you won't leave scratch marks.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Only nerf hag needs is that stupid camera jerk that happens when triggering a trap.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Fun fact: If a hag places a trap under a survivor even if that survivor isn't crouching, the trap won't trigger until the survivor moves :D

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

@Kind_Lemon
    That feel when you had to tie up a Survivor and tell them to be good and stand still while you test your traps.

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Options
    No killer in the game needs a nerf right now at all. Leather face and Freddy need buffs. And killers need buffs in general.
  • TheMadDoctor
    Options

Fun fact: If a hag places a trap under a survivor even if that survivor isn't crouching, the trap won't trigger until the survivor moves :D

...neat owo but that feels broken.
  • The_Crusader
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You know on second thoughts I agree with you guys. Thinking about how survivors walk around the map sometimes it would kind of nerf her. I tjink her traps are fine for chasing and getting the drop on survivors.

But damn if her camp game isn't too strong. Like if I play her I put 2 traps down near the hook. 1 near, 1 a bit further. This is more to scare the survivors off as I go chase someone else off a gen during this time.

But some hags use 5+ so they can super camp. Even leatherface would be amazed. 

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    You know on second thoughts I agree with you guys. Thinking about how survivors walk around the map sometimes it would kind of nerf her. I tjink her traps are fine for chasing and getting the drop on survivors.

But damn if her camp game isn't too strong. Like if I play her I put 2 traps down near the hook. 1 near, 1 a bit further. This is more to scare the survivors off as I go chase someone else off a gen during this time.

If a player uses her ability only to camp instead of controlling the map, he is weaken himself.
    Playing Hag just to camp is not playing her to her best.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

If a player uses her ability only to camp instead of controlling the map, he is weaken himself.

It is when 1 person sets off a trap - runs off

So 2nd person goes for save - hits a trap - runs off

3rd goes for save - hits a trap - runs off

Now you're on second stage, someone finally pulls you off and you either gotta crawl out knowing shes coming back to tunnel or run and hope for the best.

It always seems to happen. Everyone off gens just trying to get an unhook. Wouldnt be an issue with any other killer becauze rhey cant be camping and chasing someone off gens at the same time.

I feel like this is another issue that is hard for solo but easy for SWF. With friends you can just say "shes put down 4 traps, person 1 run through and trip them all, then person 2 come unhook.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Now you're on second stage, someone finally pulls you off and you either gotta crawl out knowing shes coming back to tunnel or run and hope for the best.

It always seems to happen. Everyone off gens just trying to get an unhook. Wouldnt be an issue with any other killer becauze rhey cant be camping and chasing someone off gens at the same time.

I feel like this is another issue that is hard for solo but easy for SWF. With friends you can just say "shes put down 4 traps, person 1 run through and trip them all, then person 2 come unhook.

Smart player can do the same.
    I play solo survivor all the time and versus a Hag, I either crouch completely to the hook and back anyway, or I just run past it full speed to pop all traps and run away no matter what.

• TheMadDoctor
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Yeah I'm guilty of this a bit since I rarely played her, I was in the high ranks and there...her camp game is not very good.
  • TheMadDoctor
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Understandable. The balance for this is a bit out of it. Against SWF groups she's perfectly balanced for that. Which is why the devs attempt to fix this in a couple ways like how now the hud will give you an indication if the obsession is being chased. Them giving more info delivered to solo players might help branch that gap a bit but it doesn't fix how heavily skilled swf groups are more overpowered against killers with how quickly gens get done. If gens were slown down a good amount, it might help this game quite a bit.
  • Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited November 2018
    Options

Oh my god, were doing this now? The Hag had JUST been as worse as freddy and we're already having f###ing complaints about her being too good. For the love of god people, Learn to face them! Don't just say that "Killer needs a nerf" because of some new mechanic they added into the killer.

Seriously, until the mechanics of the game is changed, Hag will not need a nerf at all.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I want burning a hag's trap to leave the trap on the ground, but not allow the hag to teleport to it when it is triggered. That would be a neat mechanic.

I also would like Lightweight to reduce the range at which the trap can activate.