Should Hatch not spawn if someone Disconnects to intentionally give their SWF teammember the hatch?

As the title asks. Should the hatch even spawn if someone disconnections intentionally to allow their friend to have the hatch? I had this round where I played as Oni. The game was in my favor I was in mid chase. And during that chase the Zerina disconnected on me, and her Blendette teammate got the hatch. They blamed me for camping the hook, but the Zerina was literally abusing a log loop on Backwater near the hooked survivor. So Technically I wasn'tt camping, it was just a bad move on their part to abuse a loop near the hooked survivor. Then they went ahead and said some nasty stuff on end game chat, typical stuff like slurs and slang calling me names. So this question comes to mind.

I know some of you will say it's unfair to make the hatch not available, but it needs to only prock under THIS exact circumstance. If someone's rage quits when only 2 people are left to intentionally let the other have the hatch or something like that. Idk. I'm just really mad that I got outplayed on something I couldn't even prevent.

Comments

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Hatch should be gone. If there's one survivor left, power the gates and start EGC.

• GuardianoftheCrystal
    GuardianoftheCrystal Member Posts: 101

I mean hatch is okay if its earned, but for it to be used like that is just well, how is that earned?

• GuardianoftheCrystal

Ya that was what I was thinking too. I wanted to say "Jokes on you, take a five minute timeout lmao"

• GuardianoftheCrystal

Isn't this also considered an exploit or no?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If a survivor disconnects, an Entity spike should come up out of the ground and take them, just like at the end of End Game Countdown. That at least buys the killer some time

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

I don't think the hatch can tell if it's spawning because somebody DC'd. If it could tell, and DCing at two survivors meant the hatch couldn't spawn, then DCing would become a way to grief your teammates.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I’ve seen a rise in SWF teams. Also seen a rise in threads about this. So I think the more SWF teams become common the more they will abuse the DC for hatch. Something needs to be done about it, especially since the devs oh so love SWF.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

Just tell yourself hatch escape count as kills. Problem solved.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

Just take out the hatch already. I'm not sure how but they really need to change endgame. you either luck out with getting / closing the hatch, then it all depends on how close or far apart the gates are. It's not fun and feels like a big waste of time. You might also get the people that slug for the 4k then it's just a bad time all around

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28

If someone wants to sacrifice their points with a DC to give someone a hatch then they can have at it. Hatch is fine.

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

DCing is already just that though right? I mean a 3v1 is so much more difficult than a 4v1 because now you've lost 3 potential hooks, minutes of possible chase, and tons of juggle/rescue power.

• sleepywynd

It's only like 20k BP. I understand what you're saying but this strategy is just a really cheap way around that and there are ways to balance it. Like someone said, when a player disconnects just have that be an entity spike kill and with that you could have a crucial few seconds to overtake a few trolls.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

wait people do that?

• sleepywynd

I mean I don't even consider hatch escape a "real" escape usually lol. It's virtually 100% luck-based and is unpreventable on both sides if the other knows where it is.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

No. It should still spawn.

The last guy shouldn't get punished for another player quitting.

Killer's already have hatch advantage. Even if the last survivor is standing on it already, the killer gets priority to close it over the survivor's ability to jump in.

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206

it's very unfair. that happens to me when i destroy a swf with mr oni. and saying gg at the end. can they be more pathetic.

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

I'd much rather have old Hatch back where it will only spawn after at least 2 gens are done ffor the last survivor alive, that was so goodbut ever since they removed it, things just got more so annoying

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Hatch should still spawn like it would if the penultimate survivor was sacrificed.

The ideal fix would be to delay its opening by an amount of time equivalent to how long the sacrifice animation takes. In this way, even if a survivor DC's to give away the Hatch, the killer still has the same opportunity to stop the last guy as they would have received from a normal sacrifice.

Heck, this would probably be relatively easy to implement by just having the EGC-Sacrifice animation trigger for survivors who DC.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

I DC to give randoms hatch if Im slugged more than half my healthstate. I don't really care that I'm "robbing" you of your 4K, I don't want to stare at the floor to give a 4K.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited March 2021

How do you read intent thru code? How do you know they INTENTIONALLY disconnected to give hatch to someone else?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

2 dead, 1 DC

That's a win, if the last Survivor gets the hatch or not, I won't be bothered by it for longer than it takes for me to find the next match. So I say, let it spawn.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    edited March 2021

Just tell yourslef deaths count as escapes. Problem solved.