Dead Hard needs to go.

Options
Zaytex
Zaytex Member Posts: 841
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's not used the way it was intended to be and has zero counterplay on the killer side. A perk, that's intended for the survivor to dodge a killer hit, is now used instead for distance, to reach a window or pallet.

Where's the counter-play on the killer side? You can wait it out if they're using it to dodge a hit, but for distance? There's nothing you can do. They'll take another loop around a structure, you'll be making all the correct manoeuvres, they hit E and make the window/pallet and now the chase can continue for another 30 seconds+ because of it.

There's zero counterplay when its used for distance, that's what annoys me. There's nothing I can do and the fact that every survivor can equip this and waste more of the killers time in a chase is oppressive.

It needs to go.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

the thing is that I don't find it that troublesome when I play a killer with anti-loop/ pallet options, but incredibly obnoxious as an m1 killer.

• Zaytex
    Options

Sadly, this is the case. There's no reason for survivors to not run DS/UB/DH/BT, etc every single game and it makes it miserable for killers who aren't Spirit or Nurse because they can't handle it.

But then even these perks can't save you from a God Nurse or Spirit, so then it becomes miserable for the survivors.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

The only issues I have with dead hard are very specific, mostly I think it's fine it just needs some QOL for both survivors and killers.

Being able to dead hard over traps when the trapper can't even step over them is a bit unfair given he's already not that strong of a killer in the first place. It also doesn't make sense you just glide through the trap.

Secondly, I hate how you can have no momentum whatsoever and still dodge a hit. Like dead hard into a wall and move not even an inch from the spot, and the attack phases right through your body anyways. I feel you should have to at least be moving to get the invulnerability frames.

Lastly, I feel like dead hard should only apply exhaustion DURING the invulnerability frames and not as soon as you press the key; because more often then not you get exhausted on the ground just because of latency, or some dumb glitch with game animations or such. If you still get hit and downed, fine, but at least don't exhaust them for it they timed it correctly it was the game/servers that decided it failed not any particular player.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

If it even fkin works.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

I agree some ideas about the DH. DH can be sometimes toxic perk to use and it really is "get out of the jail" card for survivors. Many exhaustion perks are about getting instant distance by running,stunning the killer or simply vaulting while DH is something different which counters the hits. It is not a big problem in my opinion but sometimes I saw really broken ways of DH such as dodging traps which I think should not be happened just because you use DH or just instant dash to killer's location but killer cannot even hit because it is just DH. There should be some logical rework at DH. It is a nice perk, its idea is nice but in some logical ways it is broken and needs fixes at that points. Other than that it is fine.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

Other than perhaps making it not possible to dead hard through a killer, I have absolutely no idea why this would bother anyone to the point that they would want it cancelled. Often, it's as much the downfall for the survivor as it is an escape mechanism. Plus it's actually a good gauge, indicating how intimidated a survivor is: Those survivors who are tend to use it too early or with no control. Knowing how unnerved a survivor is dictates what strategies to use.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    edited March 2021
    Options

All they have to do is make it so you can’t vault pallets and windows or dropping pallets for 2 seconds

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

I don't mind too much the "dash" part of Dead Hard. The only thing that bothers me about it is the invincibility frames part. It makes no sense to hit a survivor with Deathslinger's shot and the survivor's body acts like it's made of steel.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I find Dead Hard to be the answer to killers that counter windows and pallets, the only defense for survivors. Even then, a dead hard won't save you from getting hit from Pyramid Head's shockwave attack or Spirit when she's phasing.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

First post complains about DH not being used as intended. Third post complains about DH being used as intended. Lol.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Killers that complain about dead hard really want survivors to play perkless.  Dead hard is a good example of what good perks should be, if it works.  Now what killer will complain about a perk like Poised?

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

No one left behind needs a nerf. Faster unhook AND faster heal? there's no reason it should have both.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

And look at Rancor. It gives a free 1-shot and ability to mori.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

That was all your fault, Deathslinger cares the least about dead hard out of every killer in the game, just be more patient when shooting next time.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Are exhaustion perks not meant to be used for gaining distance?

In one way or another?

Let's take Head On for example, it doesn't give you a burst of speed but stunning the killer gives you a headstart to start running away.

Deadhard gives me the same vibe. Yes a survivor can use it to get to a pallet or window. They can also use it to just, dodge an m1 or other attack. What if they use it to dodge said attack and reach a safe pallet at the same time? The perk is functioning as intended.

The problem with wanting to nerf Deadhard is that if you nerf its already short distance, it doesn't really seem like it would be usable even. If you completely remove the i-frames it becomes even more unreliabe. If you make both of these changes it literally becomes garbage and people will just opt to run Sprint Burst and bait you into an M1 / SB away.

The only nerf I can get behind on Deadhard is making it not work over Trapper traps. Otherwise if you nerf it it's going to be useless and everyone will use Sprint Burst in its place but that's probably what you want anyways.

I don't even see all the hype in DH I much prefer Lithe or Sprint Burst over it.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

Oh please, the survivor doesn't need to DH until they hear the shot. Not to mention they're constantly running away and he only has a limited range.

Once again it's on the survivor to mess up the DH. The survivor has to get the timing wrong to get hit. No counterplay but something something Spirit.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

DH needs to stay, it's fine as is.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Funny I am a red rank survivor since 2018 and have never ran DH, UB, or DS. When you use hyperbole as your "fact" it completely negates your statement. While those "meta" perks are common in red ranks - they are not used every single game. Maybe watch a variety of streamers and you will see your supposition is not true or based on fact. I track my perks and the perks of every single survivor when I play survivor/killer and have gone several matches in red ranks as survivor and killer and seen many matches without any "meta" perks being used. Maybe you should use words like "majority" or "often" which are more valid then speaking in absolutes and hyperbole.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

DS is being nerfed and y'all are already going after more meta perks, lol we might as well get rid of bloodlust than.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    edited March 2021
    Options

Alright, alright, maybe I've exaggerated here. Sometimes it is just frustrating to outplay a survivor but they get away because of Dead Hard. But maybe it should stay the way it is.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I stopped reading at "has zero counterplay"

We have perks that mess with exaustion perks, we can draw it out if necessary.

Fucking get gud.

FFS... the mediocrity I see from players of both sides on this game who refuse to deal with anything slightly resembling a challenge.

• ALostPuppy
    Options

At max range, sure you can react to it. But if you can dodge a slinger shot with dead hard when he's at a medium range to you (spear travels at 40m/s, if you're at, say, 8 metres you need to press dead hard in 0.2 seconds after you hear it, not even factoring in the equipment you use, the latency of the server and dead hard's iframes and animation not kicking in until a few fractions of a second after you press the button.)

I haven't seen a single survivor dodge a shot on reaction with dead hard that's not max range in the year he's been out, they were all predictions and the Slinger didn't hesitate before he fired, or they didn't press the key in time because you would need almost superhuman reaction times to successfully do it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

yes that's annoying I get it. But as a ton of people have said I just wait it out.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

There is no skill in pressing E the only bit of skill needed is make sure your going the way you want as DH has cost me many times by sending me into walls or trees or other inanimate objects. that's why I never run it.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

Tell me about it a spear hit should take priority and what about the fact they can be standing still and activate it like ######### you should be in a active chase for that not standing stock still

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

Theres no being patient when they have Dead Hard. It’s a guaranteed free get out of jail card. If I didn’t shot then or waited he would have just dead harded.

• RK67
    RK67 Member Posts: 101
    Options

Dead hard looks very unnatural in a horror game. If it was an fps game it would be fine but in a horror game probably not. Why and how would a survivor leap like a frog while running full speed in a chase?

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

So basically we're gonna whine about a perk that requires you to be injured, and serves the main purpose of an exhaustion perk, which is to gain a slight advantage of distance.

Its not that big of a deal as it seems to be made of in the forums, seriously, its mostly you being exhausted in the ground.

The perk is fine as it is.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

tbh all I want is for Dead Hard to still trap you if you dead hard over a bear trap, I have never understood why Dead Hard is just a middle finger towards specifically trapper and Nurse but some of this needs to go, but in general dead harding for distance is just annoying

• ALostPuppy
    Options

Unless he was just about to dead hard around a corner (the only way you're using dead hard against slinger) there's no reason for you to not wait for the dead hard or bait it by ADS-cancelling, which will work a lot of the time against the majority of players. Unless you're at long/ close to max range they literally, physically cannot react to a shot, they have to predict it or dead hard around a corner. All you have to do is be patient. It's the same with Huntress.

• ALostPuppy
    Options

If a serial killer is swinging at you with a giant bladed weapon wouldn't you try and use all the adrenaline and energy you have in you to lunge out of the way? That's what dead hard is trying to be. It doesn't look like a frog leap at all lmao.

• RK67
    RK67 Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2021
    Options

It does at times, especially if the killer is really close. Also is it really possible to take a 2 step jump while running full speed in chase and suffer no slowdown after it as well?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

"zero counterplay on the killer side"

Wait hello? Dead Hard makes you exhausted on the ground, I dunno what you're talking about.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

Sprint Burst is far worse than Dead Hard to me. I hate having to chase Sprint Burst players and if your killer can't recover from the initial distance gain then it's not worth chasing unless it's the only survivor you see. I can't count the amount of times i've dropped chases because survivors just Sprint Burst away to the safest location possible. As a Legion main i hate Sprint Burst to an extra degreee because it's so much faster than Frenzy, 1 Sprint Burst is damage enough against Legion, if it's the 4th survivor you find it's ok you got 3 hits that's something but being first or second it's a massive blow.

• Zaytex
    Options

Ah yes, I'll equip mindbreaker and get gen rushed in 3 minutes.

lmfao what a joke some survivors are

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2021
    Options

Since 90% of people are using it you'd think dev's would take notice of the perk and that it may be troublesome?

Imo if it only provided dash and not invincibility it would still be meta if you had 2 brain cells to know how to use it properly, but since it's one of fav surv perks of course they're not gonna change it because they don't want to upset entitled survivor mains who use every crutch in a game to win at any cost and take all the fun out of any killer player who doesn't play meta ######### all the time too.