Difference between Crossplay & PC-Only is Night & Day

Options
KayTwoAyy
KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

If you're a sweatlord PC gamer, and you haven't figured this out yet--turn off your crossplay. Not only are queue times faster during most hours of the day, but your teammates actually come with their heads attached.

Comments

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
    Options

Good to know. Faster as killer and survivor?

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

+1 from my end

Lobbys equal fast or faster

teammates sweattier

killer sweattier

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I haven't turned off crossplay since it was enabled, but when it first turned on I did notice longer queue times and getting matched with weaker players more often. I've been assuming that the FPS issues while playing killer on console have played a big role in the bad queue times.

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

you're in denial.

start playing PC-only again.

It is a significant improvement. Higher skill all-around. + most killers playing PC-Only actually want to be good at the game, so they're less inclined to cheese add-ons like Iri Head.

You may not feel that the outcome of the match changes, but the survivors are not urban evading in corners or self-caring into sloppy butcher 10 times a match.

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

yes. it is a rare sight for me to see long queues in either role with cross-play turned off.

cross-play queues in my region at night are typically 5+ min. PC-only at the same time will be 30 seconds

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

I tried it once.

Rank 1 supreme sweatlords as killer

Usual purple-green rank teammates as survivor.

Never again.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

When i play surv i am turning it off. When i play as killer i am turning it on

• KayTwoAyy
    edited March 2021
    Options

Ignorant post? Yeah right bud.

Sorry to upset you, but there is nothing ignorant about this post. Its straight facts.

I've played 80-90% of my games in the past 3 months PC-Only. As the title states, the difference when I go back to crossplay is night and day.

Thats not ignorant. Its observation.

I'm sorry you can't play PC-Only with me bud. Thats not elitism. Just reality.

You're clearly butt-hurt about this. Its amusing, people are throwing shade at me for this post, and its not even meant to be a jab at console players. Its just the way it is. The PC-Only community is small. I see the same players night after night. Many of them are competitive DBD players, and others are just 1k - 6k hour sweatlords.

If you can't see how that leads to a circumstance in which I advertise that PC-Only is sweaty and higher skill, then you can leave. Because the reality is, when I turn crossplay on, my teammates are significantly less efficient, less aware of situations, and absolutely dreadful at recovering when a killer applies good pressure.

My games on PC-Only end in 6-7 minutes. My games on crossplay never end in under 10. Its the way of the world mate. Deal with it.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

Give us some credit for trying to play on a less sensitive controller at least. Most console players I have gone up against or had as teammates worked hard to save people and help out when they could. I myself am on console and have outdone people's expectations of me based on my platform, and even when I die I'm not using a lot of second chance perks and prioritize my team over myself most times. I hope you have a better experience with console players in the future!

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

I know there are a lot of great console players out there. I've seen it first hand.

And this is by no means a "one system is more superior than the other" post.

I'm not sure exactly how matchmaking works, but it seems that there is an oversaturation of players who are either boosted into red ranks, or being matched with red ranks, in crossplay. Whereas, the player base is smaller on PC-Only, and they are all real sweaty gamers. This has led to me having better games consistently on PC-Only.

As an added benefit, my queue times are much much faster.

• YourNightmare
    YourNightmare Member Posts: 164
    Options

Thanks for the info. I have tried to disable crossplay just after it has been released and queue times were horribly long.

I guess now some PC player have understood that console level is trash so many turned it off.

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173
    Options

Your literally shouting at your self, you observing something is not FACTS it’s opinion.

Can I just ask you what rank are you playing at and how many hours have you got in ?

ps you really need to work on your mannerisms. You come across a really arrogant pretentious person how’s just full of gas.

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

My post wasn't for you, thats fine. I clearly stated that I was addressing sweatlord PC gamers. They know who they are. The "PC Players are Better than Console Players" drama died down the month crossplay came out, so not sure why everyone thinks i'm gaslighting that again.

It is MY experience that PC-Only lobbies are superior to Crossplay, therefore I am stating it as fact. I've got months on end on PC-Only now, so its not even anecdotal at this point. Furthermore, I addressed the "sweatlords" specifically, because I know that they are more likely to find truth in what I'm saying. My post is not true to everyone--I'm aware of that. Matchmaking varies because of a lot of factors. But I can speak with certainty that PC-only is far better for tryhards than crossplay.

I'm a Rank 1 (Killer/Survivor) with 1.8k hours. Last I checked about 65-70% of my games were as Survivor. I make an effort to be good at the games I play, and I watch plenty of YT videos learning how people better than me play the game.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Don't forget better hitboxes for both sides, survivor hitboxes so precise you can vault a window with just a sliver of time to spare and not get hit through it, actually able to 360 without it looking like their attack connected while they are facing the other way, as well as it feels more rewarding to play killer and actually have to hit a survivor instead of just press m1 within a city block of them and the game suddenly says you hit them

• MobBarley
    MobBarley Member Posts: 6
    Options

It's not the players fault entirely, M&K allows for some nifty manoeuvres that's kinda hard to pull off on controller if your not used to it.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

I'm really not, the only difference is in the killers and thats they get spun slightly less, and you see a tad bit more Nurses and Blights. Thats because killer is a lot harder on controller since it has many restrictions. Survivor on the other hand there isn't really a difference.

Again, a platform doesn't make you automatically better.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Crossplay on? console killers dont swing like PC killers do, despite this console survivors still cower in fear of their console killer overlords.

Crossplay off? everyone's out to kill, even the survivors. they'll kill you too, stay the heck away from them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I switch between the two quite a bit. Generally speaking, PC only games tend to go a lot quicker. But there are certainly players in that queue who make you wonder how they managed to boot up their PC.

When someone is queuing up for PC cross off, they're likely doing it because they want a more optimal game, so you end up with a higher percentage of optimal players in that queue. It's less to do with platform and more to do with playstyle/mindset. The average player regardless of platform is extremely inefficient on survivor, and you're highly likely to have average teammates with crossplay on regardless of platform. I think the devs said the average trial length is 10-12 minutes. That's insanely long and means half of all players actively do nothing.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

I've tested this recently. I played 20 games with crossplay on and 20 with it off. In 14 of my 20 crossplay off games I escaped with at least 1 other person. In 6 of my 20 crossplay on games I escaped either alone or with nobody else. I could test this even more, but should I really bring this depression on myself?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Hmm, interesting - because I find as killer that the console players tend to focus on the gens harder which makes pressuring gens more important.

Frankly, I'd rather have console players as teammates since they seem to understand their objective better from like, the green ranks on

• KayTwoAyy
    Options

exactly this. the deliberate act of alienating an entire part of the community requires a certain kind of mindset that also happens to match the competitive DBD crowd

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I would, but personally I don't like going agasint "competitive" players. Nurse, Spirit and plenty of hold-W/predrop, slammed gens and second chance perks. No thanks.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

It's really not that deep. Ranks stop at a certain point but skill doesn't. And skill doesn't even match up with rank a lot of times when you consider the comp crowd doesn't play pubs as much. The vast majority of my survivor playtime in the last year is in KYF lobbies.

It's not as much about "keeping out the casuals" as much as it is giving myself a semi-decent chance at a solid game without spending 30 minutes setting it up in a discord server.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited March 2021
    Options

All i get is yellow to red ping as they leave some outdated server from 1990 to handle non crossplay games and entice you to turn it back on to play against console survivors.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,598
    Options

Lmao, I've had the opposite experience. Every PC Survivors I've seen has clicked their flashlight but done nothing else.

Doss that mean most PC Survivors are garbage?

Hint: No, it doesn't.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340
    Options

PC gamers good, console gamers bad, gimme upvote

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

The last time I tried turning it off as a survivor I was getting the same teammate and killer player 3 times in a row.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Same. It was always the same Survivors and the same Killer. Like only four other people were playing around.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

In the beginning, my friends and I were hesitant to turn crossplay on because of PC players having so much better controls, fps, server connection, etc. But now we've simply forgotten about that. We usually don't care if they're on another platform or not, unless we want to angry message them but can't because they're not on PS4.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Dear PC players,

If you turn off cross-play you will lose variety and the chance of having me as that rare teammate that will push the last 2 gens in a 2v1, open the gate and turn back to take a hit if you're headed my way.

Sincerely, console gamer PS4

(Ghostlyarcadekid)

• Rittihilatti
    Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
    Options

+1 way the game can not work as it supposed to.

As a PC player, with crossplay off, you still should be able to get matched with PC players who left crossplay on, right?

I think it is a logical expectation.

Unfortunately, based on the horrible queue times and repeating lobby setups we have to assume that you must play with ppl with crossplay off, if you have crossplay off.

Sad, but i had to leave crossplay on - with the rule; 3 consolers = dodge.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289
    Options

I leave crossplay on and i play on console i just get put with pc players. quicker to get into games with killer.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566
    Options

I’ve gotten worse teammates since having crossplay enabled and I’m on console. So should I make a thread bashing PC / XBOX players now? Is that how it works? 🙃

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

PC Survivors are garbage to me because some of them like to hack, or a lot of them fail miserably at trying to tech. This was when I actually had cross play back on, turned it off because hackers are so afraid of getting exposed for how bad they are without their precious hacks.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The entire reason for cross play is because console survivors couldn't get a game due to practically zero killers. they don't want you to turn it off and are making it as horrible as they can when you do.

All about the money.

• Zer0
    Zer0 Member Posts: 42
    Options

Console is typically worse due to the gamepad and worse hardware. There are some good players though you'll see. PC in general is more relaxed and the only sweat you'll typically see is from crosshair huntresses and kbm nurses.

That said leave crossplay on as killer and turn it off as night on survivor. ez pz.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195
    Options

Most pc players are as good as console players the only realy diffrence is that on console they are limited by the controller and the hardware more. Id rather never turn crossplay off it helps with que times and the games dont change in difficulty.

If you are one of those people who complain about team mates alot id guess you are very inexperienced with the game.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135
    Options

This isn't true. I play on console, with crossplay off, and rarely have/had long wait times. Crossplay on was a nightmare. Those globe people spent too much time trying to mimic their favourite streamer. Then they DC'd.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

I think that console and pc has both advantages. If you play as the Huntress in console and if it's bad, just put down the sensitivity, but if you want to 360 as a survivor for console, just put the sensitivity to 75 on the settings. it's all about sensitivity if you want better controls.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

console has more kids and i would assume casual gamers but in terms of skill for survivor both platforms are the same, I often find myself doing a lot better than most others i get matched with that includes PC.

I say that because for xbox, game pass lets you play dbd and i assume there is something similar with others, since it's really cheap a ton of people have access to the game and we all know it's not hard to rank up.