Make SWF Viable to Go Against

I hate SWF, both as a Killer and as a Survivor. Killer side, you lose one of your greatest advantages in that Survivors can now know where you are or where your traps (If you use them) are. Survivor side, you can now get screwed by your own allies. I once got sandbagged and killed because I DIDN'T JOIN A PARTY INVITE! They wanted to "punish" me for not playing the way they wanted me to, that's legit what they said.

If SWF was gone tomorrow, I'd be quite happy. Unfortunately that won't happen because of how many players use it, and would probably stop playing if it was removed. Instead, I recommend just two simple things be done.

1) Mark the SWF groups. Put numbers over them, the Entity's claws, have the Survivors be sucking on pacifiers, doesn't matter what. Make a very visible marker that shows what the Killer is going up against. If you're going to give Survivors the chance to run as a group, it's only fair the Killer gets a choice of whether or not they want to play against that group. Sure it might take some SWF's longer to find a lobby, but considering they get to bring in voice comms that's a pretty fair trade.

2) Reward Killers for playing against a group by giving them a 25% increase in BP per SWF member. (Two man team gives 50% increase, three man 75%, 100% for full SWF) This is more to give a Killer incentive to go against the SWF's.
That is all.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

If you mark SWF groups, killers need to get some kind of advantage (even a BP bonus would be sufficient) or they will refuse to play against them, at least a lot of them.

Oh yeah nvm, thats point 2 :lol:

Yeah I agree that would be a first step until they figure out how to balance SWF

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90

This is beautiful, devs have too
    see this!

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

I thought you would say 25 bonus movement speed!
    BP is not enough to go through the frustration.
    But I like the idea of knowing they are swf so I can avoid them.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

Agreed to both ideas. The first one could and should be implemented, the second one too but I can bet devs will not do it, exactly not to give Killers opportunity to decline SWF games. It would hurt survivors, ya know.

• Master

@TerminalEntropy said:
    Agreed to both ideas. The first one could and should be implemented, the second one too but I can bet devs will not do it, exactly not to give Killers opportunity to decline SWF games. It would hurt survivors, ya know.

For a nice BP bonus, killers would fight each other to verse SWFs

• Stealth
    Stealth Member Posts: 123

Also, it's really unfair when a dead member of a SWF group can go and look at your perks. I was against a 3-man streamer group yesterday as killer and I watched the playback. They were telling each other where I was and where to find hatch for the last member alive and such, but also they checked my perks to see what I was rolling and giving that info to their team. Really unfair to go against. Perks should be hidden until post game and killers should get more BPs as mentioned to deal with this crap. Seems like the game was balanced w/o comms in mind then they throw in SWF and don't make balance changes or at least reward killers more?

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Most of the time killers can tell when they go against a SwF group because of how they load in which is why those groups often have killers that leave the lobby. I can understand the perk thing however most of the time survivors can make guesses or know for sure anyway. It's a game based on teamwork why take away the teamwork?

At most mark SwF (even though 9/10 you can tell) and prevent perks from being shown in menu. No extra bloodpoints or anything that hinders the survivors. It no longer becomes a real game at that point.

The survivors ranks are added and divided between ranks. So you could have rank 2 or rank 17 as a rank 9 killer.
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    edited November 2018

The concept of this game doesn't allow SWF. It's not like Evolve where you had the hunters trying to find the monster so they needed to communicate. Here the killer is trying to find the survivors and communication would give high advantage. If you chase one of them the rest will just keep working on gens. That's why it should be removed.The way it's now is so broken. Every time I see 3 survivors join my lobby at the same instant I back out because most likely they are SWF.

• Stealth
    edited November 2018

@milo77727 said:
    Most of the time killers can tell when they go against a SwF group because of how they load in which is why those groups often have killers that leave the lobby. I can understand the perk thing however most of the time survivors can make guesses or know for sure anyway. It's a game based on teamwork why take away the teamwork?

At most mark SwF (even though 9/10 you can tell) and prevent perks from being shown in menu. No extra bloodpoints or anything that hinders the survivors. It no longer becomes a real game at that point.

The survivors ranks are added and divided between ranks. So you could have rank 2 or rank 17 as a rank 9 killer.

Teamwork is one thing but having voice comms is not the intended way of playing. Why else is there no text chat or voice chat built in? Sure they need to work together but how is it balanced when they can use comms to say when they're being chased (so others do gens) or what direction the killer is headed, tallying up the totems destroyed so they don't waste time looking for more of them etc. Voice chat gives the survivors way too much efficiency and it seems that the balance was based of off the survivors not knowing exactly what's going on with each other at any given moment. That's why you need certain perks to see auras of each other under certain conditions. Playing against SWF is not balanced.

• milo77727
    So to make killers (which in my experience win as much as lose during swf) happy and ruin the game for everyone else? If you play killer you know it's not always going to be easy. If you dont want swf groups then DC on menus no one says you have to play against them.
  • Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

"... no one says you have to play against them."

Right. So give the Killer a definitive answer and clearly mark them as SWF so they can make that decision more accurately instead of having to assume before a match has even begun (a decision that will likely have to carry incentives, given the pre-loaded boons SWF itself gives the participating survivors). Bam... fixed.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2018

old suggestion .. wont happen since majority of playerbase is survivor.. if they mark SWF groups.. Killers will dodge them everytime... they will eventually give up playing DBD and move to another game.. solo DBD surviviors i think are less than SWF in this game.. so if majority leaves then this game dies..they will never do it.

• Master

@milo77727 said:
    So to make killers (which in my experience win as much as lose during swf) happy and ruin the game for everyone else? If you play killer you know it's not always going to be easy. If you dont want swf groups then DC on menus no one says you have to play against them.

Ok, then give us the option to filter out SWF

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Master said:

@milo77727 said:

or just limit the number of perks sfw can bring one less for each member

• milo77727
    Master said:

@milo77727 said:

Then swf would have no one to play against. How many people do you know would not filter that out? Even those who play swf dont like swf groups as killer. Just know what a swf group looks like and leave the lobby if you dont want to play them. It's really not that difficult. If you want the challenge then play the group. Why do you need to give them a handicap for something that's a part of the game. Survive with friends is a part of the game whether game chat is or not. If you feel you cant win then leave the lobby. No one is forcing you to play them.
  • Stealth

@milo77727 said:
    Master said:

@milo77727 said:

Then swf would have no one to play against. How many people do you know would not filter that out? Even those who play swf dont like swf groups as killer. Just know what a swf group looks like and leave the lobby if you dont want to play them. It's really not that difficult. If you want the challenge then play the group. Why do you need to give them a handicap for something that's a part of the game. Survive with friends is a part of the game whether game chat is or not. If you feel you cant win then leave the lobby. No one is forcing you to play them.

You just countered you're own arguments; You agree that no one would play against them because no one finds it fun yet killers should do it anyway so you can have your fun? You say just leave the lobby "by learning what swf looks like" yet you're against something that shows you when they are swf because you don't want them leaving? You say it's a part of the game but where's the balance between swf and playing vs randoms. SWF has a huge advantage to the point where it's like 2 different game modes but with the same rules. They both can't be balanced. The game is either balanced for comms or not...

• milo77727
    Stealth said:

@milo77727 said:
    Master said:

@milo77727 said:

You just countered you're own arguments; You agree that no one would play against them because no one finds it fun yet killers should do it anyway so you can have your fun? You say just leave the lobby "by learning what swf looks like" yet you're against something that shows you when they are swf because you don't want them leaving? You say it's a part of the game but where's the balance between swf and playing vs randoms. SWF has a huge advantage to the point where it's like 2 different game modes but with the same rules. They both can't be balanced. The game is either balanced for comms or not...

To sum my own arguements since you didnt understand.
    I'm fine if you add a thing to tell you who is in a swf group but not a filter for swf.
    I just said it's usually easy to tell who is swf in the lobby by how they spawn in.
    And yes it is part of the game. That unbalance between swf and solo most likely cant be fixed.
    I never said no one finds it fun. Killers dont like it because they arent easy kills 90% of the time.