I hate Blight.

I know, hot take bound to get replies by blight pfps acting unbiased.

But yes, you read it correctly, I hate Blight. I just can't enjoy playing him or against him. I got his achievements, seem to match ves him quite often and would say I'm decent with him.

I put part of the blame on every Blight having the same perks and add ons(we all know the routine) and my map RNG is quite bad. Only getting indoor maps or Haddonfield as killer, while only getting deadzones and indoors.

But the constant deadzones really annoy me because as killer i see dozens of pallets, while i get 5 or 6 tops. Resulting in the generic blight gameplay loop of getting hit, run through deadzone, chased by power and hit over a wall miles away by his lunge with no collision.

Not to mention he seems to attract many sweaty players like Xeno, and many of which abuse exploits, not mods, hacks or glitches but unintended 3rd party features like the super stretched res, " J flick" and other things the devs have called exploits but won't fix...because spaghetti code.

It feels incredibly lame to be hit on the other side of a car or through a window by a blight who runs 3 slowdown perks and abuse a flick up to 270 degrees. You simply lose his limited counterplay thanks to it.

And please don't call the "flick a skill-cap" comparable to Billy or Oni, as Blight's requires nothing but super high DPI. The designer of Blight has stated its an exploit, so it is.

Sorry for the rant, I'm quite tired and hungry, plus i just had a sweaty blight on Badham preschool doing all of the above grievances while my team consisted of self-carimg noobs.

Im not a survivor main either, and enjoy many killers people hate to vs oddly enough. For example I don't mind spirit, bubba, or even being tunneled or camped as i can buy my team time. The only killers i truly "hate" are Freddy, Doc and Blight.

Im dreading his buffs, i hate the idea of seeing him more, but at least fixed fov means i can play him. Thanks for reading this, Blight mains please try to not be too biased when discussing his fun factor to vs.

Comments

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    edited March 2021

TBH, I kinda wish Blight had some mechanic that let him deal with different kinds of short or "hard to bounce off quickly to get to the other side of" loops... maybe some sort of mechanic where the direction you move and your camera's direction affects movement somehow would be nice. The "j-flick" needs to go though, this fixes the problem but in a terrible way.

EDIT: BTW, is this the Xeno you're mentioning? https://youtu.be/K17VJhwvuPI

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited March 2021

Kinda agree. A really good Blight can definitely feel like a no-fun zone and all you do is pre-drop a pallet then get hit, but there are so few of them that nobody knows how oppressive he can actually be, ESPECIALLY with add-ons.

Tbh all I want fixed are the exploits because it's now the only ######### thing Blight is known for and I'm getting tired of it being mentioned everywhere and people trying to defend their use of exploits. In fine with Blight being really good when someone's practiced him enough, but when you add in exploits to cover his one weakness which is tight corners and short loops...

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
    edited March 2021

Blight is one of those killers who's super bad or super good depending on the player.

A good Blight traverses maps with easily one of the best movement abilities next to the nurse and literally hunt down survivors with good addons and BBQ.

Scary mofo that dude.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited March 2021

When he gets the POV fix, you can look down to bounce off small objects like the benches on Ormond. I wonder if it will also work the opposite way where you can look up to avoid colliding with certain objects. I don't think it should be a thing though. Short loops and tight corners like that are literally the only ways you counter him that isn't dropping pallets, so a way to deal with his only weakness (which already exists via jflicking...) wouldn't be a good thing.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2021

As a frequent Blight player, I can understand you not liking playing as him. He is very map dependent and powerless against pallets, he is not everyones cup of tea.

He definitely has a lot of counterplay though, survivors just have to get creative just like the Blight has to get creative. Even going behind a tree can turn it into a 50/50 against his power. His 270 flick you mentioned also is very counterable, with many objects it's not good enough to reach a survivor behind it if they are actively trying to evade you. Maybe with the speed addons it can be very oppressive, which should be the case anyways.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Blight is just fun to play for me the rest is history, sorry it didn't work out for you but that doesn't mean I'll just sit here while you bash the boy, also his 180° flick is rarely ever needed as long as you just use better positioning, at most 90° hits are all you really need, J-flicks are just something fun to add to his skill ceiling to compensate lack of one skill with another and are very easy to dodge

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I actually somewhat agree with you.

Killers that suffer playing on indoor maps are a big turn-off for me.

And as you pointed out, the Blight flick tech is frustrating to play against. Even when you find cover as a survivor, Blight can still hit you with that bs flick mechanic.

All the negative aspects aside, I still think Blight is a pretty fun killer.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

I mean, it was confirmed as an exploit by a developer on his stream. The blight flick thing.

Doesn't that mean it's reportable with evidence now? Not saying it should or should not be, just genuinely thinking out loud.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, I'm waiting for Blight's turning to be locked so people can't abuse the one frame where he has no turn cap. It's so sad to see people that want zero interactivity trying to turn one of the most well-balanced and well-designed killers into Knock-off Nurse.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215

Its not a flick, its an exploit using cranked up dpi and must be removed. it gives him a 50/50 and halves his counterplay

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

My god that stretch res is so ugly to look at, definitely seems like tryhard to me.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

ITs not a tech, its an exploit that is unhealthly, im glad to see so many friendly replies tho

• Dweet_Unfairfield

it takes 30 minutes to learn and involve using 3rd party dpi programs to do something unintended and eliminate counterplay. The creator of Blight calls it an exploit, it is unhealthy, using exploits lowers the skill ceiling, i'd argue people who do it are not skilled but instead sweaty losers who hate fun, look at a Xeno video and tel me Blight is fine in his current state. it needs to go, i main oni and only 90 degree flick, i refuse to exploit for a 180 flick because i have skill mate

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Can confirm that going against an expert Blight is a total nightmare, and much more oppressive than Spirit. There’s just no escaping once spotted. Running anywhere is pointless.

He really is a killer that survivors need to be stealthy against.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

The last time I went up against a Blight was in February I think...

After this J-Flick exploit has been fixed, I'll be happy to see him again in my matches.

Off topic here: but how would you be able to tell from a Survivor POV that a Blight or Oni is using the J-Flick exploit?

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

How does he nullify these loops without accounting for exploits?

I mean, you can say whatever you want about Spirit, but Blight is harder to play than Spirit. Good Blights deserve the extra thought that Survivors have to apply to countering them.

• Leader7th
    Leader7th Member Posts: 26

Sounds like a pc problem to me #consolegang

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

I play Blight a lot and don’t do J flick. I can understand why you hate it though because it is a pretty cheap way to play Blight.

Also, I love your pfp :)

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

I've been a Blight main since a few weeks after his release. The J-Flick is very counterable if you see it coming. As soon as you turn the corner that he intends to flick around, quickly side-step and run away from the loop. Whenever I 1v1 against competitive players, flicking can become very unreliable unless I'm right up against them with my lethal rush. You literally just turn around and go around the Blight as he's in animation of flicking. He's so fast that he can't stop himself and can't auto-lock onto you since he has already committed to the flick. Flicks are very easy to counter and I have clips of myself going against the top Blight, Ascension and countering him in chase. Anyone who want's proof, I'm more than happy to link the clips.

There are many things you can do against him in chase that throw him off in chase such as tucking into corners so he flies right by you, pre-dropping pallets and holding W WHEN YOU BREAK LOS. Most Blights will expect you to play the loop so while we're pinballing around a Jungle Gym, you can make extreme distance.

I literally have no idea how people can manage to complain about Blight, a killer who's only as good as the player who's playing him just like Nurse is. When there are killers like Spirit, Freddy and Slinger in the game, I don't know why you guys find the need to complain. Get good against him instead of complaining. We really want another nerf to a killer who's fine? Apparently we haven't learned from the Billy nerf.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

The best thing about blight is, that you can just destroy pallets in no time with the red addon.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

50\50s aren't counterplay. Blight is loud Spirit or mobile DeathSlinger

• Dweet_Unfairfield

Which is dreadful as i get pallets per map if lucky. But 20+ if im killer

• Dweet_Unfairfield

Hooray Clown man replied to a post of mine and agrees. A forum legend

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

A good Blight on Shelter Woods or any other small, open map, is not fun to go against.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

Agreed. "Hide or lose los" aren't valid as long as j-flick hits me around the los breakers

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

dude, this is your third blight post of the day. Chill.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

This is from march. I've posted about Blight 2 times in a month

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited April 2021

I loathe indoor maps with a passion no matter what role I'm playing.

They're a 100% knowledge check. Have you played this map enough to know all possible places a gen can spawn? Have you memorized all the tiles/rooms/possible layouts that can spawn? If not, have fun spending 75% of the game desperately looking for a gen to do and depip unless you get lucky...

• Dweet_Unfairfield

I love hearing a gen being done but i have to walk 45 seconds to get to it because indoor maps are bad.

Those asking for new maps don't realize every post launch map has been garbage.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Based on your previous posts I've come to the conclusion that you mildly dislike Blight.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

I think he and his J-flick is fun. Sucks people want to nerf him. Just means they'd rather go against Nurses, Spirits, and Freddys more often, which are killers that are complained about being seen too often.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

I would prefer any of those but Freddy.

Good blights dont need jflick. Good blights learn his limits and work with them to master him.

• Khar

J-flicking would be said limit and is a form of mastery of him.

• Dweet_Unfairfield

The man who designed the Blight said it's unintended and to not get used to it.

Its an exploit. Like stretched res.

A good player can play to limits, but a bad player abuses exploits to eliminate limits.

• Khar

I'm sure the guy who designed survivor movement didn't intend survivor's to be able to spin a killer in order to avoid being hit. How you define a good blight is one that can be easily countered, which is worrying. In your other post, you even show disdain for how often the Blight can USE his power, not just for hitting, but the frequency it comes off of cooldown.

What IS the ideal Blight for you? What would actually make him a killer that would get your approval?

• Dweet_Unfairfield

No J flick, collision on his lunge, no slides off stuff instead of slams, a cooler weapon that doesn't sound so lame on hits or misses and better map rng for both sides.

I think blight is just mobile DeathSlinger in his current state