The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Toxic survivor mains make this game unbearable

I have literally never seen such douchebaggery in a videogame before and used to play COD in the 360 days.

Comments

• Taishi
    Taishi Member Posts: 5

facecamping and tunneling is toxic as well, just like many other things - survivor is only 1 half of the problem.

i never really get offended playing either side, if they get a beamer safe i think " holy sh!t not bad should have looked away " if i get camped i think " oh im special, seems like i won the game and now my team can do gens for 2 minutes "

i get called toxic so often for no reason its not even funny, dodge hatchets vs huntress by crouching very often? well too bad u are t-bagging now :D

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

You ever took a dive into the toxic wasteland of League of Legends?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I know. League of Legends actually has taunt emotes.

I really think that DBD would be better off it the Devs sold taunt emotes in the shop. The more abilities to taunt, the less people care about it. To many players with thin skins.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Lack of communication is one of the charms of this game for me. :D

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

This is what I've been saying, COD is an incredibly toxic game and it's toxicity level is way more severe than DBD.

The only reason why it isn't as toxic is because the people that play this game are civilized people.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Fortnite can be worst with the amount of tryhards in that game

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Dbd is actually one of the LEAST toxic games I've ever played. I don't understand how people think dbd is bad when Dota exists.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Apparently trying to win is toxic, what a joke

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

People are toxic in real life let's face it. In an online game where nobody knows each other will give them the courage to be even more toxic. It is not survivor or killer, it's the people that are toxic. So it's pointless to finger one side and blame them for "destroying the game". If there is a destruction in the game it's both of the side that affects it. Game has different playstyle and different tactics,mechanics and etc... I dont agree some of them and I dont do them when I play survivor or killer but nor do judge others if they doing it. If the game let's you use the resources people will mostly use it. It is the responsibility of the Devs to fix them if it causes problem and it is "OUR" responsibility to finger that problems other than blaming each other.

I play both side and I enjoy both sides of the game but whenever I enter the community I always see that people are blaming each other, other side's powers and perks with the most rude ways. If there is a problem just point it out and try to make it understandable. Whenever I enter the topics it will turn into arguments which the main idea loses it's value because that topic will turn into just some arguments space. Please dont do that and if you have an idea or different point of view there are better ways to explain it.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited March 2021

I don't know if this is true for other people, but it's almost exclusively purple and red rank survivors who are huge douchebags to me. Those are the ones rapid-clicking flashlights, teabagging, refusing to leave through the exit or hatch till they see you, acting like they'll give you a mercy final hit but then Dead Harding to the exit, taunting and trash talking after the game is over, and launching into strings of expletives even if they ran you around the whole game and got out perfectly.

Just something about putting a lot of time into the game that seems to transform people into miserable scumbags. Or, I guess, being 14 and having nothing to do with their time other than rank up and behave like a child.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Oh no...close the curtain...your bias is showing.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Usually the ones taunting at the end are survivors who were tunneled and camped and in that case,,,while still wrong,,,they are showing the killer the error of their ways lol. I will tell the killers what they have said for a long time now to complaining survivors,,,"get better".

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

I see a lot of both but there ARE a sh*t ton of killers out there who tunnel all the time as a "tactic" then camp at the end as a "tactic" then expect survivors to be happy at that? Nope, it goes both ways,, everyone is going to keep doing what they do because every one see's what they do as right and a "tactic" which is really just lazy game play. So much of this game is equal and opposite reactions. WAY too many kids in adult bodies playing.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Being toxic is what makes this game money if it were any other way you would be waiting an hour for a match is the truth

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

I love me some toxic people especially when they dc over a loss.

• Bone_Dice
    Bone_Dice Member Posts: 55

I um, I'm starting to regret this post...

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,056

That's not even a reliable comparison at this point, since it's become a bit of a meme. "Y'all think this is bad? I survived Modern Warfare 2 lobbies!"

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

No point to this thread other than shitting on survivor mains yet again?

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

I feel this so hard. I literally cannot play nurse but I pick her back up ever so often because I do want to get better at her to play her at a decent level but I can only do it in small doses because sometimes when I do try to play her again, I get teabagged and clickity click after they realize I suck at her. Sometimes it really is off putting to try to learn these killers when people decide it's okay to bully and make them feel bad for not mastering said killer like the challenge they came across a few games ago but in this game, I've really try to strengthen my already thick skin and remind myself I just need to practice more and more so that helps less on being so hard on myself about it. I'm finally getting the hang of huntress, landing some good shots after games where I absolutely could not land a hit and got teabagged to hell and back. Sighs, people suck I think is the general answer.

• Bone_Dice
    Bone_Dice Member Posts: 55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k This entire comment section reminds me of this

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

######### are you on about lol. He said he’s never seen a video game have it so bad. Is MW2 not a video game?