NERF NOED

Options
iowcut
iowcut Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Noed should be nerfed to where it isn’t a totem and only 2 survivors are downed after being hit after that the exposed status goes away....bad killers shouldn’t be awarded.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,128
    edited March 2021
    Options

I play nothing but Solo but it's amazing how many times I can do 3-4 bones by myself (since if I sees Bones, I do Bones) and STILL have NOED pop off on me...

I don't even run perks to find the damn things! NOED should have been nerfed in that game since all five bones should have easily been done since I did more than half the damn work! Someone help me out here!!! :,(

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I’ve thought about this for a long time now but NOED shouldn’t be a hex and it should only trigger the exposed status effect on the survivors that are dead on their next hook after the last gen pops.

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505
    Options

Look I agree with you nerf noed by all means but if you are running small game it makes your life a lot easier yesterday I had a pig using third seal and blinding traps 30 times worse than noed .I get it every game every killer . But if your playing solo it is hard to check remember bone spots keeping track and depiping for not doing gens. And no guarantee that survivors will get you.Cause some think your not doing anything .For all you all please cleanse your totems teach other survivors to cleanse there totems cause I'm not looking for noed when the gates pop cause you didn't cleanse your totems if your playing solo just leave and on to the next match.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Sorry that that happens to you but if others did some that may not of happened

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 935
    Options

cleanse totems

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Can we Nerf...nerf threads??

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021
    Options

Not true. NOED can be removed before it ever comes into effect. Hatch on the other hand cannot be removed until it pops up. Unless the killer knows where it is before hand, the survivor can still escape.

NOED is perfectly fine the way it is. 90% of the people complaining about it are solo. The real issue is the quality of random teammates.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,128
    Options

Just to make sure it's clear since there is some ambiguity to my post, I am agreeing with Orion there :D

You want NOED Nerfed? Doing Bones will Nerf it real quick!

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103
    Options

NOED is perfect ...do totems use detectives hunch and be stealth

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,136
    Options

I believe NOED is fine and balanced as is.

The counter to NOED is to get good.

In the last month, I may have only gone down to NOED twice. I didn't get mad at the killer, I was mad at my teammates for being lazy.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

So Third Seal hides the boxes for pig? Thats really funny lol I got Pig but never thought of that. Does it also only let Kindred show for your teammates and not yourself?

But in regards to NOED (from both killer and survivor player) I'm okay with it both as is, or a slight change.

As a killer, we are running essentially 1 perk short for the main part of match, which puts survivors at a bigger advantage overall. So to cram a powerful perk at the EGC as opposed to using a constant better perk in the beginning is fair exchange.

As a survivor it is frustrating i can see how it is frustrating to do everything right and still get killed. One thing to note is that its still a pip even if you die as long as you follow the rule of 2 (2 gens, 2 totems). I do totems since I run Small Game and Inner Strength.

My proposed change would be that the exposed status only applies to survivors who haven't done any bones. To balance it out, then killer gets to see the aura of the exposed. If 4 totems are done by 4 survivors, then there will be no exposed status but killer gets a cooldown on attacks on top of haste status until hex is cleansed.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,580
    Options

Small Game is nice, but I find Detectives Hunch more useful for finding totems. Sure you only see totems when a gen is done, but then you know exactly where the totems are (inside of 64 meters, which is HUGE). And you get usefull gen info on top, to prevent some three-gen scenarios early on.

With Small Game, the perk thoroughly confuses me from time to time. With maps like The Game, I never know if the totem is top or down. Killer traps will trigger it to, which can be nice for disarming them, but if you want to find totems, it wastes your time. Especially when against Freddy with snares and you are awake. You get the sound cue, but do not see ANYTHING! And I'm betting there are some bugs with it as well: Had a game on Hawkins, where my Small Game went off repeatedly when facing the level border (and the one end with the gen on the glass house, facing the crack in the wall). No bones, no trap visible, just constant blings when facing the crack.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Third Seal only hides red auras. It cannot (or at least should not; if it does, it's a bug) hide Jigsaw Boxes.

• Tillablerhino44
    Options

Thank you I didn't realize how useful detectives hunch is.

• Tillablerhino44
    Options

We were helpless on the game it was disastrous. We were all red ranks and blindness traps and thrift seal no one could see any other survivors.it was the worst swf I ever played . Good job 🐖

• Tillablerhino44
    Options

Couldn't see hooks slugs anything

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,580
    Options

Almost correct. Third seal does hide red (dying survs) and yellow auras (perks like bond, empathy ...). Not sure about Trail of Torment right now, it's also yellow, but from a killers perk. But blindness will never hide white auras, that means jigsaw boxes, clocks, fountains, cages can always be seen.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Have you made your third "nerf noed" post yet?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Imagine complaining about Noed lol

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Nerf it yourself in game. Noed is a punishment for not touching totems. At best it is a gamble perk for the killer as to whether it is needed or even activates.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    Options

All you have to do is look for a 5 totems. Run Small Game or Detectives Hunch to counter the totems. Also run the perk Inner Strength to not make the build a waste of time. You have to understand, nobody cares if you don't like looking for totems. There are perks to counter totems, use them.

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    FaceCampBubbaMain Member Posts: 19
    Options

"Nooooo you cant force me to have to use something other than the meta perks to succeed"

The only people who want stuff nerfed are the people who refuse to change their meta build that has no perks to counter what they complain about and then act in pls nerf discussions like they dont exist

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

a perk slot is a lot to sacrifice. also whenever i go searching for totems i get like 2 or 3 max cuz theyre so hard to find on maps like yamaoka. my teammates dont do bones so im the only one focusing on them. not to mention the fact that the killer might not even have it which would mean that i wasted all of that time not doing generators or looping

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Ummm 🤔 no...

My turn 😏 nerf adrenaline.

This is like Go Fish. Your turn.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313
    Options

U can always cheat your way out by using discord. Not a big deal

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Okay. Right after Dead Hard, Unbreakable, the Hatch, 4% unhooks etc are removed. Bad players shouldn't be rewarded.

• dontpanic503
    dontpanic503 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Just notify survivors once NOED is active, instead of waiting for someone to go down. That would help tremendously and remove some of the feel bad moments without significantly nerfing the perk. We get notified when exposed from Rancor, Make Your Choice, Iron Maiden, etc. That's my suggestion, & do the same for Devour Hope.