Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

"Solo is unbearable" is the same kind of excuse as "swf op"

Profezia
Profezia Member Posts: 673
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Title.

Really see how often people dismiss any kinds of arguments when they just can't not call something they dislike OP even if they are given a valid ways to deal with it.

EDIT:

I'm not saying that "playing solo is easy" or "swf is easy to deal with".

I'm saying that "solo is unbearable, nerf X" or "SWF is OP nerf X" are the same kinds of exaggerated arguments that people use to justify their complaints when they have no valid arguments or if they are given valid argumentation they can't disprove.

Post edited by Profezia on

Comments

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

What’s the valid way to deal with SWF?

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,404

Both can be true. Sometimes solo is a nightmare and sometimes you cant beat a swf.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Both complaints are equally as "scape-goaty" (for lack of a better term) and are largely excuses for failure rather than atonement for your own mistakes.

That being said, solo can be rough sometimes, and so can a good SWF.

But SWF, at large, 99% of the time, are just friends shooting the ######### with each other. They aren't tryharding, and usually the killer is psyching themselves out. Complaints about solo queue are often based around "this survivor didn't play how i wanted them to play, so i died". Which is dumb.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Solo can be unbearable. Sometimes it's great and you play like a good team, while other times you get rubbish team mates who have no clue what to do as they self care in the corner when sloppy is in game.

Most swf groups are fine. They're out to have fun and you're able to manage them with relative ease as if it was are normal game. The problem is that some swf are genuinely OP and unless you're playing Nurse or Spirirt and maybe on a good day Freddy or Blight, the game is lost before it even begins. These squads however are rare and should not be confused with a team that capitalizes on you being a poor killer.

• Profezia
    edited March 2021

I'm not saying that "playing solo is easy" or "swf is easy to deal with".

I'm saying that "solo is unbearable, nerf X" or "SWF is OP nerf X" are the same kinds of exaggerated arguments that people use to justify their complaints when they have no valid arguments or if they are given valid argumentation they can't disprove.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Solo is harder than SWF. That's a fact. All other complaints are coming from this. SWF should be at same power level as solo, then complains will stop

• Profezia
    edited March 2021

The thing is, it is SWF which is easy mode of a 'normal' mode that is solo, not the other way around.

Solo is the real game.

EDIT: and people complain exactly because they got used to playing in easy mode and can't deal with normal, real difficulty of the game.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Right, so if I point out that solo que was the reason Ruin/Undying was nerfed and SWF is the reason DS and OoO are getting nerfed, I'm apparently just completely wrong about the whole thing?

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

and solo is fine. You're not supposed to win 100% of your games as survivor and >50% escape rate is achievable as solo

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

That's true. There was no SWF in the original game. It was added in post-release.

Solo has always been the intended way the game was designed to play. Hence the balance issues presented with it.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

We have suggested a WHILE ago that it shows in the endgame screen if you played with/against SWF or not.

I think it would be healthy and dispell a lot of assumptions.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I think the issue lies with the way killers use it.

"SWF" - Could be a 2 man, 3 man or 4 man, when you just say you were beaten by a "SWF" are you talking about the 2 man and 2 solos that just rekt you or are you actually talking about a 4 man squad?

When someone complains about solo, that's exactly what it is, one person playing on their own, now i have no issues with SWF never have never will but complaining the same way about a 2 man as you do a 4 man an bundling them all together is ridiculous.

• CoolConnor96
    CoolConnor96 Member Posts: 164

Not every SWF is unbeatable. There are some really chill and casual swf players who play for fun. But it's the really good SWF who bring all meta perks and are extremely good at looping and gen management that are the problem. You simply cannot do much against them as killer and you are not very likely to have those kind of teammates in a solo queue

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205
    edited March 2021

Tbf I faced a SWF yesterday who were so intent on saving each other all five of us never left the killer shack with the basement in it and I got the 4K. I'm sure they bitched to each other about the toxic camping Doctor afterwards but it was their own fault for literally trying to save their friends right in front of me. The poor Laurie never even touched a gen and walked away with 4k BP.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

The problem isnt solo or SWFs itself, its rhw players who play these things.

Most solo players are just selfish and trash, and a massive solo buff wouldnt change that.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Or it's because they can't be heavily reliant on their team mates so have to be more cautious when doing things.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

In solo I can get 3 people that have no idea how to counter any killer, they cant do chases and waste pallets like crazy which I could let all that go if they did gens but to have 3 people not doing gens its pathetic when they're ranks 2/3. However swf is easy mode, I'll play swf on the odd occasion but it's not a sweat squad. I'm insanely good but my friends arent so its probably the most balanced swf you see but its still easy as hell and it's why I play solo. JUST WISH THERE WASN'T GAMES WITH PEOPLE NEVER DOING GENS... seriously survivors have 1 objective why arent they doing it at the highest rank...

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

If not so many players would be that bad, they wouldnt have to be more catious because then your mates would be more reliant.

Not saying solo shouldnt be buffed btw, but the big problem is still the other players.

• Profezia

If you dismiss any kinds of arguments because "its useless against SWF" or "it wont work in solo" then you're certainly completely wrong about the whole thing

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

SoloQ is fine, you just have to use your brains more. Hard for some people I know, but it can be done.

SwF removes need for any info perks and makes the game lot easier to play.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

It's incredible how one perk, Kindred, more or less makes solo actually enjoyable. I honestly think it should be basekit for solo queue. As good as it is it feels ######### to have to run it whilst swf players who already have an insane advantage get all that and gameplay affecting perks.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I play solo at red ranks, devotion 18, and a lot of times it isnt fine, no.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    edited March 2021

Agreed. They need to buff solo to get on pair with SWF and then balance killers around that

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

This. I play solo 100% in red ranks and I'm fine with it. Its how the game was designed and its no surprise that when SWF was implemented (due to community asking for it), it swayed the balance incredibly for the survivors because of voice comms and just having a ton of reliance on your teammates that you otherwise wouldn't have in solo. Being able to plan & stack perks, organize strategies, stack items/addons/offerings together, have call outs is obviously going to change the tide from 50/50 or worse to 90/10 when were talking about the incredibly sweaty SWF death squads.

Uhh why do you say this? I've been holding rank 1 exclusively solo queing w/ the rare matches where the team messes up so badly that I depip as a result. But then I just grab the r1 back in the next 1-2 matches. Crazy to think people can't solo que to high ranks and hold it or ?

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

I say that cuz solo is not fine, not at the point of being impossible, but definitely not fine

Like this rare matches that you say isnt such rare, the matchmaking is bad

this is basically the only reason acctully