How about this as a part way cure to the hatch standoff?

Options
Rebel_Raven
Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
edited November 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
The hatch now works for killers as well.

When down to the last survivor, with sufficient gens (survivor plus one) done, the killer can find the hatch, and enter it as it opens same as ever.
This causes the last survivor to be sacrificed as the pocket dimension the trial is held in collapses.

Other than that the hatch mechanics stay the same. 

No more standing around to see who will screw up first.

This won't entirely cure it. DC to give the hatch, and such will still exist. If the survivor finds it first, they can still BM and wait on the killer, sure. 
But like I said, a partial cure.

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Why people do standoffs any way? When I see the last survivor at the hatch I just hit them and let them escape. I don't even keep the second last survivor on the ground and go look for the last one.
    I guess some killers are greedy.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Options

Why people do standoffs any way? When I see the last survivor at the hatch I just hit them and let them escape. I don't even keep the second last survivor on the ground and go look for the last one.

I wouldn't say greedy, it's more of how it's a free get out of jail free card for survivors that the killer doesn't have control over.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

Yep. Basically boils down to killers being greedy. And lazy. There are tactics for keeping the hatch closed, or making it harder to stop the survivor, but they just want the last guy to be alone and completely screwed.

Killer wants sacrifice points.
    Survivor wants escape points. 

Most killers that complain just can't let anyone go for any reason. 4k crazed and would be thrilled if the hatch were gone entirely from the way they complain.
    One survivor could have soloed 4 gens and kept everyone else alive until 3rd hook, ended up with 1 gen left, and they're still seen as lazy, and undeserving. 

Survivors don't want to be put into a position where they have zero chance to escape. Removing the hatch basically leaves them at that.
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

I've dropped lots of people in the hatch, but I've done hatch standoffs as well, not because I'm greedy but because the Survivor in question was being toxic the whole game and so I do not want them to win. It's pretty simple. Why would I let one of the toxic people have a free escape.

As for how it's designed, the hatch should be a situation wherein whoever finds/gets to it first wins, both the Survivors and Killers should be mindful of their surroundings while the game is ongoing, and when it's open that should be that. I would however say that the hatch should open much sooner when the second last person is being sacrificed as it gives the Survivor more time to get to/find it if they hadn't already while the Killer might have seen it before and is faster to get to it. One way or another hatch standoffs shouldn't be a thing and so if the hatch is open for more than two to three minutes I say it oughta close again and that'd be that. Optionally, if the Survivor is standing on top of the thing but not going in a Killer should have the option to just Mori them outright without any prerequisite (including getting them down) as no actual Survivor would be T-bagging the hole rubbing up against the Killer, it's simply stupid.

As a friend told me though, if there's a Survivor still alive when you sacrifice the last person you've already lost, move on to the next game. It's a sad but true statement, if they did enough gens to spawn the thing then they win unless they're bad atm, but even so it should be designed so that hatch standoffs never happen, they're pointless, petty, frustrating, and an immense waste of time. Doing any of the things I mentioned above would remove them from the game.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

@TheMadDoctor said:
    Whispers23 said:

I wouldn't say greedy, it's more of how it's a free get out of jail free card for survivors that the killer doesn't have control over.

Free get out of jail card? Who do you think you are anyway, playing Monopoly? Chance at the hatch did not come free, at least two gens had to get done and three people had to die - then you have to find it with a higher mobility killer looking for you and the hatch. I'll say it again, everyone know how the hatch works and you decided to play knowing how it works. I don't know why people come to the forums to cry about it all the time like its a big surprise when someone uses it to escape. You try doing gens when you are the sole survivor.

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Problem I see with this is most of the time killer finds hatch first unless survivor knows where it is. If it were a race to hatch then killer would almost always win. Survivors cant run around looking for hatch without a care in the world without running the risk of being found by killer. Killer can move freely about looking for hatch not needing to worry about a heartbeat or dying. Therefore killer has more mobility to find hatch. It also wouldnt fit the lore. Killer cant leave the map hatch would be no exception.