DS is fine

Obsession DS is fine, I can deal with that. The only thing which messes me up are non obsession DSes coming out of nowhere.
I can easily deal with obsession DS. Either I dribble or slug him and use it as bait or just completely ignore the DS user at the beginning.
The devs should keep this in mind and build a rework around this information.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

DS doenst need that much of a change, just make it obsession only.

if a non obsession has it, well, your gonna play the round with 3 perks then ^^

Yea, lets make solo players even more weaker, sounds fun and fair.

and how would that make them weaker?

and how would YOU nerf DS then?

please tell me instead of just clicking LOL ^^

Is clicking lol like a thumbs down in this forum?

yes.
    no one knows why, but its the case.
    sometimes im getting a little confused when looking at my LOL ratings, as i dont even know where i made a joke and where ppl just disagreed with me...
    this forum needs a "vote down" option...

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221

@Mister_xD said:

Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

yes.
    sometimes im getting a little confused when looking at my LOL ratings, as i dont even know where i made a joke and where ppl just disagreed with me...

I think they used to, but people abused it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@VolantConch1719 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

yes.

nope.
    been on these forums since day 1, there never was any ability to vote sthg down.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221

@Mister_xD said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

yes.

nope.
    been on these forums since day 1, there never was any ability to vote sthg down.

Huh. I could've sworn there was. But then again, my memory isn't that great when I need it to be.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@VolantConch1719 said:
    Huh. I could've sworn there was. But then again, my memory isn't that great when I need it to be.

There was a vote down button, he just thinks he's always right don't worry about it.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    DS is fine = Communism is fine.
  • Azi
    Azi Member Posts: 9

Just remove the "adds chance to be made killers obsession". It's a buff and a nerf as a band aid solution

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:
    sorry, but are you having a problem with making this perk a high risk high reward perk?

Risk Vs Reward doesn't work like that, lmfao.
    "Risk wasting an entire perk slot because someone didn't reply in chat"
    Killer dodge lobbies when survivors don't ready up fast enough but you want them to spend the entire minute discussing perk choices and who should have DS, get out of here lmfao.

i mean, YOU HAVE A CHAT. TALK TO YOUR TEAM. its not that hard, just be like, "anyone using DS?" and if they dont answer, thats not my fault.

"It doesn't affect me so i don't really care about how balanced it is".

and this would also make SWF weaker, as they wouldnt be able to take their 4 D strikes in the game anymore, continuously bullying the killer.

Again with the "every game i play is SWF 4 man"
    I very rarely, if ever see DS anymore in a match, let alone more than one in a match anyway, stop crying over everything, just practice and get better.

but your right.
    lets just make it, so when you use DS, you will instantly die on your 2nd hook, no matter if you hit it or not.
    at least the solo players are gonna have a better time now, right?

You're so disgustingly biased it's either one extreme or the other for you, you don't want balance you just want the game to be easier for you, it's boring, stop.

okay... if Risk vs Reward doesnt work like that, then how should it work? isnt it supposed to be like this: you make a great risk at losing sthg, but therefore gain something really nice when succesfull? also, what would you call NOED then, as this is literally the definition of Risk vs Reward?
    besides that, why do you think you have that chat? to just chat? no. if the chat was all about chatting, the killer wouldnt be excluded from it. also, just because there are people not writing in the chat, doesnt mean that they couldnt start doing so.
    also, why do you think ppl close the lobby? cause of the last second switch, which is a completely different topic, so pls dont start with that now.

"It doesn't affect me so i don't really care about how balanced it is" this is actually true, as i am not one of this toxic f*cks who need to run this perk to get to rank 1.
    also, why i mentioned SWF is because you literally asked for me to do it by specifically asking me weather i wanted to buff SWFs or not, so i just replied to you there. pls dont put words in my mouth, thank you. and just because its not that common of a perk anyore, doesnt mean its fair all of a sudden, does it?

and honestly, my last line was S A R C A S M. its sad when you cant even figure THAT out...

conclusion: you just made the typical survivor main response: "DS is fine and you just want the game to be super ez so you can get ez 4ks every time, noob!". besides the fact, that you still didnt answer my question on how YOU would nerf that perk, but completely avoided that, please dont come to me, telling me that my suggestion is complete horse #########, when you cant even make one for yourself. now, my suggestion was fairly easy: keep this OP ######### the way it is, just make it a once per game thing. that would still be better for you survivors, than the devs suggestions, as they would completely remove the escaping the grasp mechanic.

PS: omigosh i was wrong about the "vote down" thing :O cause no one is allowed to ake a mistake or forget something, which has been a thing like a year ago for maybe a week or two.
    why tf would you screenshot this btw? xD

Mate, you missed the point he was trying to make.
    He tried to explain that the risk-reward mechanic would only work for solo survivors. SWFs don't have risk vs reward in this case, they just coordinate what perks they take. You know what I mean?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Yeah, both are actually fine.
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

No, get rid of DS altogether or change the effect.

That perk is beyond infuriating.

It's really not though. Absolute worst case, they hit it (omg they used their one time use perk) and you chase them for another 25 seconds or so and down them. If you dont get lost in the chase you've wasted their perk for 30 seconds or so. If they hit it and get away, guess what they dont have when you find them later?
  • Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    I mean, if I’m gonna encounter a DS player I’m running Enduring. At least it helps a bit. Also, what about Deliverance? It’s pretty much a free escape too.
  • DwightsLifeMatters

I find it jarring that there are people that still argue that DS is fine. A free escape is not fine, its never fine. Its literally a perk that lets you negate the killers efforts after they catch you. In a game all about time management for the killer a survivor should not be able to waste so much of a killers time and efforts by simply hitting a skillcheck. Its bizarre there is still support for the current state of this perk. Devs need to stop dragging their feet and nerf it already like they promised half a century ago.

Honestly? I agree with you. Seriously, the idea of DS is to reward you for getting catched. Pretty.. Weird. However, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. With "Fine" I mean I can deal with that without problems. One obsession DS never screwed the match over. It was always the non obsession survivor giving me the surprise ds which Screwed the whole match for me.
    Hope you understand now 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    Pro tip: complaining about getting an LOL is surefire way to get yourself some LOLs.

DS should be entirely re-worked. It cannot simply be "ur the obssesion or u run 3 perks LOL," that's an absurd idea.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I find it jarring that there are people that still argue that DS is fine. A free escape is not fine, its never fine. Its literally a perk that lets you negate the killers efforts after they catch you. In a game all about time management for the killer a survivor should not be able to waste so much of a killers time and efforts by simply hitting a skillcheck. Its bizarre there is still support for the current state of this perk. Devs need to stop dragging their feet and nerf it already like they promised half a century ago.

I find it a bit jarring that people still call it a free escape. Idk why you expect people to take your opinion seriously if you can't be honest about basic facts. Is the description "When the killer picks you up you are immediately freed from their grasp?" Then it's not free.

That being said, I still hate the perk and it needs to change. 
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@brokedownpalace said:
    SadonicShadow said:

I find it a bit jarring that people still call it a free escape. Idk why you expect people to take your opinion seriously if you can't be honest about basic facts. Is the description "When the killer picks you up you are immediately freed from their grasp?" Then it's not free.

That being said, I still hate the perk and it needs to change. 

The semantics are irrelevant. Hit a skill check and escape the killers grasp. Sounds like nothing short of free to me.

• Seanzu
    edited November 2018

Mate, you missed the point he was trying to make.
    He tried to explain that the risk-reward mechanic would only work for solo survivors. SWFs don't have risk vs reward in this case, they just coordinate what perks they take. You know what I mean?

I've always stated that DS should change but i'm arguing the point that it shouldn't punish players who don't want to spend 30 seconds every match seeing if their team mates will coordinate with them and remove a perk from them.

He's absolutely bonkers.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Best rework for ds: Stun killer in place while filling X% of wiggle bar. Remove killer's ability to drop the survivor or look up while this happens so if someone has a flashlight it's an escape but this rework addresses the biggest problem to DS. There is no true counterplay, dribbling only works if survivor goes down near a hook or someone bodyblocks. 
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@KingB said:
    Best rework for ds: Stun killer in place while filling X% of wiggle bar. Remove killer's ability to drop the survivor or look up while this happens so if someone has a flashlight it's an escape but this rework addresses the biggest problem to DS. There is no true counterplay, dribbling only works if survivor goes down near a hook or someone bodyblocks. 

The true counterplay would be just flat out slugging them and let it be a day lol

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    Okay thats a massive overstatement. As much as i hate DS its not responsible for 100 million deaths and and a couple genocides.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mister_xD said:

Mister_xD said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

yes.

It had in the beginning, but it got removed

• Master

@Cardgrey said:

@KingB said:

The true counterplay would be just flat out slugging them and let it be a day lol

You would be surprised, but I aready did this whenI got really salty :wink:

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

I don't think non-obsessions should be forced to live with minus 1 perk, and I don't like the idea of a get-out-of-jail-free card in a horror game where the killer is supposed to be feared. I stand by the fact that DS needs a rework and I can honestly say it will be difficult to change my mind.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I agree with the OP. DS on the obsession is fine. Annoying to deal with, but not something you can't beat. The problem with DS comes when more than 1 person has it. Only the obsession should be able to DS, just increase the skill check size for every instance of DS in the group so there is still some benefit to run more than 1. And if you are crying about not being able to USE your DS, just equip more obsession perks to be picked as the obsession. Yes they suck but if you want to always be picked as the obsession you should have to sacrifice something, like a perk slot. Or take the chance you won't be the obsession and just run DS.

• Master

@thesuicidefox said:
    I agree with the OP. DS on the obsession is fine. Annoying to deal with, but not something you can't beat. The problem with DS comes when more than 1 person has it. Only the obsession should be able to DS, just increase the skill check size for every instance of DS in the group so there is still some benefit to run more than 1. And if you are crying about not being able to USE your DS, just equip more obsession perks to be picked as the obsession. Yes they suck but if you want to always be picked as the obsession you should have to sacrifice something, like a perk slot. Or take the chance you won't be the obsession and just run DS.

Thats not a real solution and you know that.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

WHEN WILL THE COMPLAINING END!!!!!

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

@alivebydeadight said:

It's a forum. Forums are literally made for discussions on topics of the game, and discussions can't be had unless there is disagreement. Complaints with the game prompt discussions.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:
    agreed.

Yea, lets give solo players even more of an incentive to not play.

I know I'm going to start a ######### storm with my response, but I really think survivors should also have high risk/high reward perks like killers. Killer can get unlucky and lose hex perks. Same should apply for survivors. Because killers are always solo players. 
    Ur missing that this wouldn't affect swf 
  • Master

Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

I know I'm going to start a ######### storm with my response, but I really think survivors should also have high risk/high reward perks like killers. Killer can get unlucky and lose hex perks. Same should apply for survivors. Because killers are always solo players. 

So are we balancing around solo or around SWF? :wink:

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Master said:

Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

The goal is both I guess? Or what do you mean?
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Master said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Thats not a real solution and you know that.

No it is. Why should you get to use the strongest perk in the game if you aren't the obsession? Having more than 1 in a game is literal cancer to killers and nothing you do will fix it other than limiting DS to a single use from the obsession.

If you want to use your DS run OoO or SS so you have a high chance to be the obsession.

• Master

Master said:

Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

I dont know.
    Currently the game is more balanced around solo, so the suggested approach would fit to that.
    Do we want the game to be balanced around SWF? Usually I suggest ingame voice comms to balance the game and the answers I receive show me that the majority prefers to keep their advantage

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Master said:

Master said:

Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:

agreed.

I dont know.
    Currently the game is more balanced around solo, so the suggested approach would fit to that.
    Do we want the game to be balanced around SWF? Usually I suggest ingame voice comms to balance the game and the answers I receive show me that the majority prefers to keep their advantage

Idk either, it's a hard one. I just thought that the risk-reward mechanic would only make solo survivors even weaker if they don't manage to communicate during the 1 minute timer, while swf will just be optimal with perks again.
    It's hard to balance this game to satisfy everyone, killers, solos and swfs 
  • Seanzu
    Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Mister_xD said:
    agreed.

Except the risk for killer is losing the perk on early gameplay.

the risk for survivors would be not having the perk at all, it would mostly affect solo survivors.

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

DS is just a symptom of the problems. IMO it is, actually, fine.

It's a time-management, gen-rush issue when a killer can't afford to miss out on a couple of hooks at the end of chases. You could remove DS completely and it'll barely make a difference to the problems killers have.

Deal with SWF groups, deal with the speed at which generators can pop (or make toolboxes rare), and DS becomes nothing but a mild annoyance.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Eight said:

DS is just a symptom of the problems. IMO it is, actually, fine.

It's a time-management, gen-rush issue when a killer can't afford to miss out on a couple of hooks at the end of chases. You could remove DS completely and it'll barely make a difference to the problems killers have.

Deal with SWF groups, deal with the speed at which generators can pop (or make toolboxes rare), and DS becomes nothing but a mild annoyance.

indeed. If maps were balanced and suevivors had more to do (idk, find a battery or engine at 99% to actually complete a gen. Or anything at all) so the time is actually based on how the killer apply pressure and how the survivor manage mind games (balanced maps as sad) this won't be a problem. Even with 4ds. the annoying thing is the time you waste catching a survivor, a good one not rank15ish, plus free escape which prolong the time wasted for one Hook.

In few words, fix maps and give something to do to survivors aside totems and DS won't even be a problem. Even just with the maps would be a huge step forward
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@TheMidnightRidr said:

@alivebydeadight said:

It's a forum. Forums are literally made for discussions on topics of the game, and discussions can't be had unless there is disagreement. Complaints with the game prompt discussions.

I mean about decisive strike, 1 god damn perk gets a good 400 discussions on nerf this to the point that every time a see a thing about it its about them complaining about how op it is, also dont get me started with removing the perk

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💀
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    DS is a wasted perk slot. Competent killers deal with it. Incompetent killers complain about it to no end, but they can't be helped anyway, they are doomed to wait for an eternity for dev Mum and dev Dad to solve their problems.
    Personally, I'm much more worried about Dark Sense, Iron Will and Urban Evasion; survivor perks that are actually worth a #########.