Can the hatch open quicker?

I really don't understand why there's a 5 second wait time on the hatch when the 3rd player dies.

Comments

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

The animation of the sacrifice has to finish before the hatch opens.

What he said, the hatch is already a broken mechanic. A killer should control how the match flows in some way, the killer can't even slam a hatch shut.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

I want a similar mechanic for killer.
    When the 3rd survivor escapes, the last one gets downed automatically.

Survivor have a mechanic to avoid the 4k. killer don't have that to avoid all 4 escape.

• TheMadDoctor
    Wolf74 said:

Survivor have a mechanic to avoid the 4k. killer don't have that to avoid all 4 escape.

It be easier to just let them slam the hatch shut man.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Bring a key

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited November 2018

@Whispers23 said:

I just think if I'm downed and the other survivor is hooked, the hatch should just open. I've had the same issue happen a dozen times when a killer slugs me, goes for my teammate, I crawl halfway across the map then die on the hatch from the killer coming back after hooking with that 5 second window, or just dying from bleedout timer. That or just give me an option to die so I'm not giving the killer extra points for just making me wait a minute to die.

Edit: Also why does the death animation have to be so long, killers have a boosted hook time and hook vacuum so they have 2-3 seconds shaved off while survivors still have to wait for a long animation to just leave and find another game. I really don't understand why it seems intentionally prolonged.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259

@akbays35 said:

@Whispers23 said:

I just think if I'm downed and the other survivor is hooked, the hatch should just open. I've had the same issue happen a dozen times when a killer slugs me, goes for my teammate, I crawl halfway across the map then die on the hatch from the killer coming back after hooking with that 5 second window, or just dying from bleedout timer. That or just give me an option to die so I'm not giving the killer extra points for just making me wait a minute to die.

Edit: Also why does the death animation have to be so long, killers have a boosted hook time and hook vacuum so they have 2-3 seconds shaved off while survivors still have to wait for a long animation to just leave and find another game. I really don't understand why it seems intentionally prolonged.

Because its already way too easy for survivors to escape. There are several ways for you to get out, not be downed, recover yourself, escape being carried for free, heal yourself, find items to do all of the above, complete gens faster, instant heal, and more!

I don't think giving the killer a whole 5 seconds to prevent your free escape is broken.

Hey, I know, lets give the Killer a free one hit auto kill when the gates open without needing a perk. Sound fair to you?

• Wolf74

@TheMadDoctor said:
    Wolf74 said:

It be easier to just let them slam the hatch shut man.

That something completely else.

• akbays35

@Tiersis said:

@akbays35 said:

@Whispers23 said:

Because its already way too easy for survivors to escape. There are several ways for you to get out, not be downed, recover yourself, escape being carried for free, heal yourself, find items to do all of the above, complete gens faster, instant heal, and more!

I don't think giving the killer a whole 5 seconds to prevent your free escape is broken.

Hey, I know, lets give the Killer a free one hit auto kill when the gates open without needing a perk. Sound fair to you?

Noed is completely fair compared to Adrenaline, bleeding out on top of the hatch due to a long ass animation really doesn't seem fair. That animation is so long I got hit twice while on top of the hatch and snagged before the just the animation even finished, there is even a second delay after the animation on top of it.

• Wolf74

Working as intended. Nuff said.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:
    Bring a key

Key meet Franklins and don't act like that never happens or that killers don't hardcore tunnel/focus the person bringing the key either.

Also to the op the 5 seconds is fine and prevents someone from just camping it.

• Wolf74

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Bring a key

Key meet Franklins and don't act like that never happens or that killers don't hardcore tunnel/focus the person bringing the key either.

Because every killer is always using FD, right?
    ALL killer use Ruin, BBQ, FD, NC, SF, End, Whis, Noed ALL the time.
    Oh these are 8 perks already… nevermind … Killer use them ALL the time!!!

• akbays35

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Bring a key

Because every killer is always using FD, right?
    ALL killer use Ruin, BBQ, FD, NC, SF, End, Whis, Noed ALL the time.
    Oh these are 8 perks already… nevermind … Killer use them ALL the time!!!

It's not so much a problem with killer as it is just with how long the animation plays out, you could do a full totem before that animation happens and I'm not sure if it is just for killer sided balance or its just something they never looked at.

• Wolf74

The hatch is a free safety net to rob killer of a deserved 4k and you guys are here to tell everyone that the mechanic that saves your rear for free is not punishing the good killer enough.

• akbays35

@Wolf74 said:
    The hatch is a free safety net to rob killer of a deserved 4k and you guys are here to tell everyone that the mechanic that saves your rear for free is not punishing the good killer enough.

idk, on survivor end half of your team mates are potatoes who cant loop or do gens. I wish they would just give survivors Left Behind as an innate perk and allow killers to see the aura for the hatch, reduce that death animation by 2 seconds.

• Wolf74

@akbays35 said:

@Wolf74 said:

idk, on survivor end half of your team mates are potatoes who cant loop or do gens. I wish they would just give survivors Left Behind as an innate perk and allow killers to see the aura for the hatch, reduce that death animation by 2 seconds.

In an asymetrical game, why do you think the solo player should be punished, just because the team has some bad members?

• powerbats

@Wolf74 said:

Good grief just stop, you're not entitled to a free kill. Get over it and go earn that 4th kill. The survivor isn't getting that for free, they have to actually make it in to escape. So you're not being robbed of anything, the only thing you're doing is continuing to show who's the entitled one entitled here.

If it was free then the survivors wouldn't have to do a single gen and they could walk out in the open slowly to the hatch and never get touched by the killer. That's what a free escape is, not you're heavily biased definition of it which isn't even remotely accurate.

• Wolf74

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

Good grief just stop, you're not entitled to a free kill. Get over it and go earn that 4th kill. The survivor isn't getting that for free, they have to actually make it in to escape. So you're not being robbed of anything, the only thing you're doing is continuing to show who's the entitled one entitled here.

If it was free then the survivors wouldn't have to do a single gen and they could walk out in the open slowly to the hatch and never get touched by the killer. That's what a free escape is, not you're heavily biased definition of it which isn't even remotely accurate.

Hold your horses buddy.
    I am neither "entitled" to it, nor is the 4k "free", because I actually worked for it as a killer.
    On the other hand you feel perfectly fine to be "entitled" to a real "free" (the person that can jump the hatch does not have to have done anything) escape when you are the last survivor.
    That's a pretty harsh doublestandard.

It's kinda funny how you try to call me out for something you do at the very same post.
    That doesn't make any sense to me and it is really hard to debate with you seriously if you can't see your own doublestandard.

• powerbats

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

Hold your horses buddy.
    I am neither "entitled" to it, nor is the 4k "free", because I actually worked for it as a killer.
    On the other hand you feel perfectly fine to be "entitled" to a real "free" (the person that can jump the hatch does not have to have done anything) escape when you are the last survivor.

It's kinda funny how you try to call me out for something you do at the very same post.
    That doesn't make any sense to me and it is really hard to debate with you seriously if you can't see your own doublestandard.

Ok now you're just plain being obstinate at this point.

Just because you worked for it doesn't mean you deserve it, you're acting like you deserve that kill. you don't which is why you have to earn it.

How am I being entitled here again, oh wait i'm not and here we go again the whole failed free argument. It isn't free as I explained above and your little deflection happens rarely. You tried and failed to say I'm entitled then say someone else can stand on it and get it.

So someone managed to escape YOUR notice the entire match and you let them escape, now who's fault is that? That last person could just as easily have carried their entire team to that hatch opening. Who're you to judge what they did or didn't do, that's not in the killers description.

The harsh double standard here is you and all the other killers whining over 1 kill that may or may not actually escape. The double standard is you complaining about survivors being entitled to a free escape which has already been proven it's not free.

The harsh double standard is you and the rest acting entitled to a free 4th kill then saying you're not acting entitled. If the survivors got at least 2 gens done that means you failed to stop their progress and now the last survivor has a chance at escape.

• akbays35

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

Hold your horses buddy.

When you play solo survivor more and realize how unreliable your team mates are, the hatch really is a frustrating go to option for surviving. During the halloween event the only way I was surviving was from the hatch, the pustules took so long to farm and barely 2 gens would get done, sometimes i would just bring a key with me, do 2 gens then just bail so I wouldn't depip every game.

• Wolf74

@powerbats At this point it is pointless to argue with you. You seem to be impervious to logic and no matter how often or good I will explain it to you, your either unable to understand or you just do not WANT to.
    In an internet debate the most stubborn will always win, because he can just swap away anything said before and circlejerk is point of view.
    So... grats, you won.

• Master
    edited November 2018

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Bring a key

Memorize the location where it dropped, I know its hard to use the brain, but it can be done :wink:

• Master

Ah yeah im not even trying to comment on the rest of this

• TheMadDoctor
    akbays35 said:

@Tiersis said:

@akbays35 said:

@Whispers23 said:

Noed is completely fair compared to Adrenaline, bleeding out on top of the hatch due to a long ass animation really doesn't seem fair. That animation is so long I got hit twice while on top of the hatch and snagged before the just the animation even finished, there is even a second delay after the animation on top of it.

....why would you stay on top of the hatch? That's dumb, survivors that kicked my ass as killer hide then jump in.
  • powerbats

@Wolf74 said:
    @powerbats At this point it is pointless to argue with you. You seem to be impervious to logic and no matter how often or good I will explain it to you, your either unable to understand or you just do not WANT to.
    In an internet debate the most stubborn will always win, because he can just swap away anything said before and circlejerk is point of view.
    So... grats, you won.

Yes ignore my point about you always bashing anyone that dares to point out possible flaws with a killer idea you like. Then you resort to the typical insults and deflections as usual which is why you most of your responses end this way.

• powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:
    Bring a key

Memorize the location where it dropped, I know its hard to use the brain, but it can be done :wink:

Yes memorize the location, oh wait someone else just picked it up while you were being chased, perhaps they lost their item or just didn't bring one.

I know it's hard to use your brain and actually think logically but it can be done. :wink:

Now see how I just used my brain to give a valid and logical response and not some trollish response?