Are Chests bugged?

Options
FearlessHunter
FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Recently every time I loot a chest it gives me a rare item like 90% of the time without plunders or luck offerings/perks. Anyone else getting this or am I just insanely lucky?

Comments

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

just lucky

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I feel the same, iv been getting a purple key most game 10/15... that's alot of keys considering how strong they are, but if not keys then the purple sabo toolbox so either my luck has increased 1000% or a possible bug

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

Just a note, luck as a statistic does not affect what you pull from.a chest, it only affects your likelihood of pulling off a kobe.

Beyond that I haven't noticed too much of a difference. Maybe more yellow items than before. Maybe they did it to help compensate the ds nerf lol.

• FearlessHunter
    Options

I feel like I'm getting a lot more purple keys than usual so I honestly don't know at this rate XD

• FearlessHunter
    Options

Okay so just did 3 private games with a friend to see if they are bugged. I ran the coin offering and nothing else. These are what I got. I'll also include some of the items I got playing public games though I don't remember everything I got.

2 rainbow keys

4 purple keys

2 purple tool boxes

1 Alex's toolbox

2 rainbow maps

1 purple flashlight

2 green flashlights

1 yellow toolbox

1 brown medkit

Again this is without plunderers instinct .

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181
    Options

Same here

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,966
    Options

Maybe, or maybe that's just the way luck plays out sometimes. I did pull a pink key from a chest today without any looting perks, but also saw the same usual bad pulls in other matches. With just one player's experiences you never can tell.

• Fen
    Fen Member Posts: 117
    Options

I think they are. I was playing survivor yesterday and the amount of purple flashlights, med-kits and keys that i was getting from chests was insane. Red keys and maps, too.

I don't think i've got any brown or yellow item from a chest yesterday, lol.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,806
    Options

Just lucky lol.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

It has happened to me with 3 purple items in a row from chests in 3 different games and I am the kind of guy whose luck gives him nothing but brown toolboxes even with plunderer's instinct.

So ya I wouldn't be too surprised if chest drop rates are bugged but outside of multiple survivors getting a purple medkit(That is rather OP if multiple survivors get it mid game) I think its fine.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Someone else said the same thing yesterday. Either a bug or a secret survivor buff. Neither one would surprise me.

• Ribbles
    Ribbles Member Posts: 115
    Options

Yes I get a purple key almost every game it is ridiculous

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

Green maps, toolboxes as per usual with the odd purple medkit wish I had this luck you all are having

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

happens to me too