Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to counter Iron Will as Spirit without Stridor?

psionic
psionic Member Posts: 670

I'm trying to learn Spirit, but I don't want to rely on Stridor to do well with her.

Do Spirit mains have any advice to deal with Iron Will?

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If they are using iron will and walking around a lot, you will know that they couldn't have gone too far. Coming out of phase earlier is a good strategy that works better with the addons reducing the time needed to phase and speed addons.

Just having good headphones turned up is also a good thing to do, it is very hard but you can hear footsteps and crouched footsteps leaving survivors with almost no way to get away.

• Fen
    Fen Member Posts: 121

Pay attention to the grass movement and dusty particles on the windows and pallets when survivors slow vault over them. Additionally, when survivors slow vault over a pallet, they make a little "oomph" sound. Same with lockers even when they rush into them with Quick and Quiet.

If you want to catch an injured survivor with Iron Will i would recommend for you to not use your Phase Walk for it's full duration; Just tap it for a second or two, since injured survivors usually will run for some distance after getting hit and then slow walk back into you, which is very predictable.

You should rely more on sounds and not on scratchmarks since basically every survivor starts walking when they see a Spirit standing still.

I would also recommend for you to not Phase Walk instantly at open loops; You can stay there for a couple of seconds and watch if a survivor is going to run away from a loop. And if they do, this usually leads to an easy hit out of Phase since Spirit moves at 176% speed in her ability without any addons.

I don't recommend using Stridor; This perk only hinders me personally and you will become addicted to this perk.

I suggest for you to play Spirit more and just practice. It's a little hard playing her at the beggining, but after some time spent on Spirit you will destroy everyone.

P.S. I don't recommend standing still at pallets and waiting for a survivor to vault into you. Learn to play aggressively as Spirit with her ability and don't rely on standing still "mindgame". Good luck!

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

try to look at their scratch marks and predict where they couldve went. they couldnt have gotten some crazy distance cuz walking is slow af (unless they have fixated but who uses that). usually survivors are not smart enough to fake a direction with scratch marks so use that to your advantage

• psionic

Do you know if the ultra graphic setting improve those hints (dust, grass etc...)?

• psionic

I really appreciate everyone with the kind tips. Thanks so much! <3

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

honestly same advice as always, just play more.

Learn how survivors act and react through simple experience

• Fen
    Fen Member Posts: 121

I would say that graphic presets do not affect grass at all. Survivors interract with the grass and make it move and create sounds anyway (same with corn, btw), which doesn't depend whether you're on low or ultra. They do affect the dust on pallets and windows, however - you can still see it on low preset, but it's more noticeable on medium and higher presets.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Sloppy Butcher or Bloodhound.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Footsteps, grass movement. They still make breathing sounds, just not the grunts of pain, so you'll still hear panting from running or idle breathing.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

Step 1: Have eyes

Step 2 : Have ears

Done, this is all you need to win every match all the time.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

better use low because higher graphics usually add confusing shader animations

it's very clear anyways when survivors move over grass, there's a big visual hint, but it's still better to try to hear footsteps. If you get the swamp, you're blessed

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited April 2021

Just bait it 🤡

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

(ok i take the bait) yeah that's why Spirit has a 100% win rate right? Guess you would also win every match playing with her? Guess that's why in tournaments the Spirits lose most of their matches?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Use Stridor to learn her, but listen out for footsteps and pay attention to where you stop hearing footsteps. Then take Stridor off and you should have some idea of what survivors with Iron Will are doing when you can't hear them running.

But honestly, if it's a case of wanting to be nice, just use Stridor. Survivors have plenty of broken toys, why not use your own? Especially since Iron Will is so inherently strong?

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

As someone who's met their end against several Nurses and Spirits lol...

Definitely try to think like a survivor. Think about what they'd try to do, and what that means for you. If we run, we leave scratch marks. If we hide, we're around some corner or we might make some grass move. If there's work to be done, we'll be working on a gen, and if you just got to one that is partially done, we might be nearby.

I feel like Nurses and Spirits have a lot to gain by trying to intuit what survivors do. That'll tell them where to go and what to pay attention to.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Footsteps. On most maps (when sounds are actually working) you can hear them somewhat decently.

If they have IW and know you don't have Stridor they'll try to hide or double back mid phase, try stopping your phase early if you keep finding they've doubled back, you'll probably end up ontop of them that way.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Scratch marks, Footsteps and grass sounds should be your main source of information. Spirit is a prediction killer, you won't always know where the survivors are when you are and you will rely mostly on mindgames. Stridor is good for new to medium level Spirits but against very good teams it's usually useless, you will need to get better on your predictions against them which will happen with time.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

99% of survivors are a sum of their perks. You're asking how to counter Iron Will, a perk survivors rely on, heavily, without Stridor because you don't want to rely on Stridor.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Grass movement and totem cleansing are tell tale signs.