Do you still play or don't play Dead By Daylight?

2»

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,601

I first started playing during the Winter Solstice event back in 2018 and I still play it everyday. DBD is my all-time favourite game, and it will take much more than a few bad decisions to make me quit.

Yes, I am not happy with recent decisions. All-Kill Chapter is a disappointment, my main is getting nerfed soon, map reworks were unnecessary and the lack of good events is frustrating. But I am having fun, as I always did, and that is what matters.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

I still play because the grind is just right for me and overall it's still fun, despite its bugs, imbalances, etc. This isn't the only game I play though and it's probably healthy for people to pick up a few others or even quit completely if it burns them out. There's no shame in quitting a game you're not having fun in anymore.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I quit for a while. Played a few games a week ago. I tried out trickster. Left again. It’s not that fun anymore.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yes, just not everyday

2 to maybe 5 hours a week depending on my mood?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,240

The game is incredibly stale for me right now. They're way too slow to make changes and I don't like their attitude in how they address many questions/concerns. I still play in the comp scene, but I rarely touch pubs outside of a few hours every week. But HSHS has my attention this week.

• Raja
    Raja Member Posts: 319

Right now only to finish the rift, I'm on tier 63 so soon I won't have to play this cheese fest where nobody wants to challenge themselves, majority just wants to get carried by loser perks and get fake w's to compensate for getting bodied in any other game/irl sport.

Never see anyone running swaggy perks like small game, stake out, we'll make it, stbfl and lightborn but consistently see pipsqueaks using dh, sb, ub and bbq

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

If Evolve 2 still existed I'd play that game over DbD. Sadly they had to drop the project years ago.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I started to play in October 2020. I have 800+ hours now.

I play a lot everyday. As I didn't start to play that long ago, I'm not tired yet. Also, going to P3 every characters I have (I miss the Licenced chapters mostly, I just have Silent Hill and Stranger Things, and for the originals, I just miss Élodie/Twins), it takes me busy enough for now.

Last time I felt like to take a break/to quit a game, it took me five years. I'm usually dedicated to a game for a long time. (And the exact same issues were brought by the players: balance, money, grind, bugs...). I'm used to it, I guess.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

We'll Make It such a great perk, as well as Windows of Opportunity but it's rare for me if I saw it when playing killer.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

Ok so for me, I really like the concept of this game, and I supported it from day 1 when it got released in 2016. I used to enjoy playing solo survivor a lot, and I also enjoyed playing killer. It was my favourite game for a very long time, and for the first I would say 2-3 years I loved it.

Then, some more time after that, the real decline began for me. Hitboxes started acting weird and you got hit from every angle, the game started having weird bugs, they started creating dead zones in maps and nerfing everything, this together with the huge disparity in skill in ranks and getting thrown into the game with rank 20s and 10s, and people who just have no idea what they’re doing started making solo playing way too frustrating and just not fun. Back when survivors were way more powerful you could get away with just being good yourself and relying less on the incompetence of randoms. Today, you are forced to rely on the incompetence of randoms and people with 10 hours playing against people with 10.000.

All of these factors combined has alienated me from the game more and more as the time has passed. At this point I play 3 matches and quit playing for months. This last DLC with the DS nerf (it was one of the few things helping me as a solo surv paired with rank 20 team mates) I did stop playing altogether.

So no, I stopped playing other than the occasional killer match but that gets boring incredibly fast.

• storydove
    storydove Member Posts: 54

I play rather a lot, it depends on how much time I have for gaming each week. At the moment I'd say I spend about 80% of it with DBD. I take breaks from the game, sometime for a few months. Every time I return I'm reminded why I love it.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I play 5-6 days a week. I generally play killer 3-4 days a week and survivor 1-2.

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

I used to play almost nightly with my friends. Now it's trickled down to just me and 1-2 others if I'm lucky. :(

...I was gonna buy some auric cells for cosmetics too... 😭 I wanted to play dress up but they're all off hunting in MHR.

• BoostedKateMain
    BoostedKateMain Member Posts: 51

I still play almost daily and pretty much only survivor but I'm gonna be honest, if I hadn't met my SWF I would've most likely quit by now. BHVR just doesn't care about this game and it's evident with the last 2 abysmal chapters, maybe even 3 because I'm on console and Blight is practically unplayable. As killer, I go against efficient teams constantly and I can't keep up so killer is a very frustrating experience and I'm not good enough at the game to keep up with the teams I play against. The only fun in this game for me is playing SWF so that's all I'm really here for. I have around 3K hours and a lot of experience on both sides and it pains me to see this game ran into the ground by the devs.

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315

I’m taking breaks from time to time, some days I just don’t wanna play,

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

If I stopped playing DBD but still came to the forum I'd probably check myself into a hospital tbh

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

After 2.3k hrs I have quit playing DBD. Why?

1. The devs making poor balance desicions

2. Despite me being a killer main, killer is just too damn stressful, and ever since I stopped playing I've been less stressed and happier.

3. Survivor is too brain dead easy. The killers I enjoy playing against are the problematic killers such as Spirit and Slinger, because their counterplay requires brain power and not holding Shift + W and peeking for spoonfed counterplay

4. As easy and skillless survivor is, survivor is rewarded for playing well, while only 3% of the killer roaster is rewarded for playing well.

Only reason why I'm still here on the forums is because I wanna see the devs ######### up a game with a lot of potential

• ClownIsUnderrated

They've been doing a good job of that, but the best of that has yet to come.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I play a few matches a week, but I honestly am preferring to watch other ppl stream it at this point.

• ClownIsUnderrated

Same honestly, was playing the Twins the other day and got a perfect pounce setup up for Victor on a Nea. But got a slight frame rate drop therefore missing, and then getting the usual karate kick in the face.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Everytime I stop playing, I read forums to see how survivors are crying that killers exist, that inspires me to want to play so I can kill some more.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Everytime I stop playing, I read forums to see how survivors are crying that killers exist, that inspires me to want to play so I can kill some more.

• Vicc
    Vicc Member Posts: 51

No actually i don't play at dbd because, the reworked maps, the HUD change, the new survivor movement, bugs not corrected since so long time. And these devs who are not listening to the players, they just want the money by adding recolored skins.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i still play every day but both survivor solo killer to hard to enjoy sometime.

• I haven’t played since November