Half this game is just survivors screwing each other over

Options

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had coward teammates who don’t help, lead the killer directly to me to save themselves, or just outright betray the team and team up with the killer. Don’t get me started on key weilders. You can guarantee they won’t help the team out all and just hide the whole match so they won’t lose their precious key. If survivors actually played like a team most of the time Killers would stand less of a chance than they already do.

Comments

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

Dbd the only horror game that your team is scarier then the killer

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

As a killer i see selfishness all the time on the survivors side, but survivors will still say its the killers fault.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Rift challenges all over.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,788
    Options

Sucks playing solo only to discover the others are SWF and you're the odd-one out. God forbid I manage to survive while others die, because they will absolutely spectate so they can tell their friend where I am. This is why it's better to just have fun as survivor rather than play to win; if I don't play to win, they can't screw me over. Because it's not fun to play 1v4 as survivor, yet that's how it so often feels.

(And no, I never hide all match. That's not fun: that's pointless.)

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

If you’re in a 3 man SWF and the odd one out then you are cannon fodder. I had one match where I was the odd one out and got hooked first time, after saving them multiple times. They just gen rushed and let me die on first hook. Didn’t even try to save me.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

This is why the balance is so poor and why 4 man swf are so broken. The game is literally balanced around potatoes.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I can't ######### stand survivor / killer alliances. Camping is lame, it ruins the game for the person on the hook and forces everyone else to play a specific way if they want to win. Tunneling is lame because it just is, it's annoying for the survivor and does nothing for the killer. Slugging is what is it. But, I can at least acknowledge that these are legitimate strategies. I main as a survivor but I don't hate killer players like many others do, I think playing as the killers can be a lot of fun too (though I myself try to avoid all of the above actions).

Survivors who work in collusion with the killers? That's just plain straight-up bullshit. It deliberately and directly ruins the game for all players other than the two (or more) who are working with each other to farm points and get off on "teabagging" (because, contrary to popular belief, being able to cheat to get someone down and then press a button repeatedly once you've done so is difficult AND impressive).

Whenever I see this, which is at least once a day, I just report both participants and move on, expecting that nothing will likely be done. The devs do a lot of work to balance the game but this seems to be an ongoing problem, it would be nice if they built in some kind of detection that would alert the game when a killer and survivor spend any significant time just standing around each other, or if the survivor runs behind or alongside the killer, etc. I know, I know. It would be difficult to do such a thing when stuff like that happens during regular, fair games. But I'm sure that there's some way to eliminate this. Again, I just have to report and hope that it's taken seriously. It sucks. I can't understand the infantile mindset of someone who enjoys a game not by playing it, but as a means to funnel their sociopathic tendencies.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

I agree with everything except devs doing a lot of work. They have stated they only work on the game when they feel like it. They have openly admitted they are lazy and feel no need to work on the game. That’s why issues that have plagued this game since the start are still here or just now getting fixed.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I've had quite a few survivors recently bringing in keys with the aura reading add on and leading killer directly to other survivors so hatch will appear sooner rather than just working on gens.

I hate playing with Dwights, Claudettes, and Fengs because in my games they've been the type to work with the killer or lead killer to teammates while in a chase through out the match and then camp the hatch when there's one other left. When I see them in my lobby I know it's going to be a miserable time.

• miketheratguy
    Options

For me it's almost always been Feng. For whatever it's worth Dwight's one of my favorites and I would never play the game with the intention of screwing everyone else, junior high was 30 years ago. So if you see my name above a Dwight (or anyone, frankly), don't be concerned.

• miketheratguy
    Options

Speak of the devil, just played a match where someone playing as Kate was working with the Clown. Unless, of course, she was just being really bold by following right on his ass as he walked around hitting other people, breaking down doors, etc.

I record every match that I play. I wish I could send every instance of this ######### to someone who could do something about it. Instead I just ran to Kate, did circles around her to make it clear that I knew what she was up to, then let myself get killed. Three minute wait for a rigged game and 2,000 points to just get it over with so I didn't waste more of my time. Report, sigh, wash, rinse, repeat.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited April 2021
    Options

Yeah, it's a key aspect of the game.

It's why lots of people prefer to SWF with at least 1 Survivor.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited April 2021
    Options
  • sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Why, being a main killer myself, can say that this is so true? Xddd

• PsyQuil77
    PsyQuil77 Member Posts: 130
    Options

As a Killer Main, I ALWAYS kill the snitch first. Makes the game better for everyone.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

If a survivor cuck/body block someone else I will let the survivor being cuck leave the area and chase the mofo to death.