Can we get a practice mode we can load into by ourselves?

Options
Negi
Negi Member Posts: 378
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Sometimes I just wanna be able to choose a map and study it to self improve. We already have the tutorial which loads us in alone so it should be possible.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

Yes, I have low memory and inability to orientating.

In indoor maps (Game, Lery, Midwich) that going in circle (except Hawkin with only 2 directions), or even asylumy. I always lose my way.

• benki
    benki Member Posts: 10
    Options

It would be really nice to load into a practice lobby and test out a bunch of stuff with out the need to throw a real match. League of Legends has a really nice practice tool where you can refresh ability cooldowns, spawn target dummies etc..

Loading into custom lobbies with a friend is always fun just to check out the details of maps, but it would be neat to be able to do it by yourself.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

The maps are just layouts for tiles, the tiles are placed randomly within the layout. Maps have landmarks that are always there, but sometimes they move or are rotated, or they're the same, but the surrounding tiles are all different.

You can learn how the map is shaped, you can learn the tiles, but every map will be different. Maybe several gyms in a row, maybe a dead zone. Shack might be rotated, most maps have random exit gates. Basement usually has two different places it might spawn.

So you can't memorize the map like you might in lots of games, you can familiarize, but you'll have to scope it out again each match. The room that was so awesome in one match might be a deathtrap in another.

I still agree with your idea, there are lots of powers and perks I'd like to practice before starting a match.