Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Host Quit When He Saw Me Switch To Laurie

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AnthonyC2014 said:
    Okay, so I was having a nice time in Dead By Daylight after I purchased the Halloween DLC, I had played a few rounds of playing Laurie Strode (Who was incredible if you use Decisive correctly)
    But then, I decide to play again and the host who I connected to saw me switch to Laurie and disconnected from the lobby...
    Does this happen often to other Lauries? I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

The killer decides whether he wants to play against you.

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.> @Vietfox said:

Master said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

Okay, so I was having a nice time in Dead By Daylight after I purchased the Halloween DLC, I had played a few rounds of playing Laurie Strode (Who was incredible if you use Decisive correctly)

But then, I decide to play again and the host who I connected to saw me switch to Laurie and disconnected from the lobby...

Does this happen often to other Lauries? I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.

I highly doubt the killer dodged you for laurie though. I just guess he didnt like it that you switched too late, or he was gonna leave anyway at 15 sec timer because you didnt ready up to prevent quickswitching.

Mabye another survivor had laggspikes too

Some survivors do DC as well, no complaints here, but that doesnt justify killers dodging either. I find funny when someone wants to play as a killer but takes time to cherry pick each team. I've never seen any killer from a movie not going for especific characters because they are afraid of them.
    PS: you dont know if op waited till the end to switch. After a match my game sometimes automatically switches to dwight and i've pressed ready before i notice it.

Well killers from movie are powerful and can go confident into the movie, they dont need to fear beind blinded by flashlights or survivors they already killed magically being healed again :wink:

I dont know because op didnt mention it, but I highly doubt that the killer lobby dodged because he didnt want to verse a laurie :lol:

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Master said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.> @Vietfox said:

Master said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.

I highly doubt the killer dodged you for laurie though. I just guess he didnt like it that you switched too late, or he was gonna leave anyway at 15 sec timer because you didnt ready up to prevent quickswitching.

Mabye another survivor had laggspikes too

Some survivors do DC as well, no complaints here, but that doesnt justify killers dodging either. I find funny when someone wants to play as a killer but takes time to cherry pick each team. I've never seen any killer from a movie not going for especific characters because they are afraid of them.
    PS: you dont know if op waited till the end to switch. After a match my game sometimes automatically switches to dwight and i've pressed ready before i notice it.

Well killers from movie are powerful and can go confident into the movie, they dont need to fear beind blinded by flashlights or survivors they already killed magically being healed again :wink:

I dont know because op didnt mention it, but I highly doubt that the killer lobby dodged because he didnt want to verse a laurie :lol:

They get rekt in different situations and yet they keep chasing their prey. MM for instance.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Iceman said:

Yeah mostly it had to do with ds. When I use Laurie I don’t use ds. Instead I just use her other perks but my favorite perk is when killer constantly drop me because they think I have it  8-)

SN: Killer has all the right to leave a lobby. After all they are hosting it. 
    Bad killers can dodge all they want for any reason. People dressed the same they have tool boxes or med kits it was tuesday after 6pm whatever they deem op.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Maybe somebody got high ping? His doorbell rang? He realized he had to do something real quick? He told himself "Hm, maybe I'll switch to survivor now"? His phone rang? His PC had some problem? His friend invited him to play some other game?

There are tons of reasons, they don't have to be relevant to what is going on in the lobby.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Orion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:
    He probably didn't want to deal with Decisive Strike.

and this is why killer dodging is so stupid - assuming someones setup based on their character, just another stupid reason for killers to doge, lmao.

Because characters don't have their own perks or anything, and DS is never used by Survivors.

So I guess you would be okay if survs dc if they suspect a mori is being used then right? Right? 
  • AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

and this is why killer dodging is so stupid - assuming someones setup based on their character, just another stupid reason for killers to doge, lmao.

You mean like survivors disconnecting when facing Freddy?

People do that?

• AnthonyC2014

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:
    How do you know the host quit after he* saw* you switch to Laurie???

I just wanted to provoke some thinking..

Bye ^^

The moment I joined the lobby, I waited a while then I decided to try and get better at being Laurie.
    2 Seconds later I get a message saying I was disconnected from the host.

Are you familiar with post hoc, ergo propter hoc? It's a logical fallacy wherein you connect two events that might not be related at all just because one occurs after the other. Try queuing up as Laurie instead of switching to Laurie in-lobby, see if that works. And another question, are you switching at the very last second?

I decided to start switching to Laurie after I join the lobby (Not at the last second) because I want to see beforehand "Are my teammates going to help me as a Laurie?" If they will, I will be a laurie, if they won't, I go as whatever they would work best with depending on their character (Like how David's perk We're Gonna Live Forever works good with Claudette's Perk botany knowledge so he can keep bodyblocking.)
    If I join as Laurie regularly, half the time I get the same message, "You have been disconnected from the host."
    This is the reason I am begging for Dedicated Servers to come out soon. So I don't have to suffer because the killer wasn't up to going against a Laurie.

Since when do dedicated servers stop lobby dodging? (That's what we call a non sequitur.)

A Dedicated Server would make it so we just have to wait for a killer while we can still relax and strategize with our fellow survivors, as opposed to the killer disconnecting and breaking the entire lobby ;-;
    Also it'd help against Lag Switchers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

People do that?

There was a huge wave of survivors disconnecting against him, when he was released. That resulted in a nerf for him. Because "it's obviously not fun to play against him".
  • AnthonyC2014

@Giche said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:
    I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

What about taking your own advice ?

Man up and don't play with cancerous second chance perks.

Survivor gameplay is already easy enought as it is.

Excuse you, sir, but I bought the Halloween Package to make full ability out of Laurie's Perks, and I didn't intend NOT to use her perks, but I don't understand why they didn't just decide to play against a Laurie and counter Decisive by Dribbling, going in a room where they can bodyblock me so I can get caught again easily, etc. Also, there's always the chance that I'm gonna miss my skill check and I might not be carrying Decisive Strike, and if I'm playing as Laurie Strode it doesn't mean I'm using Decisive, but it appears that person just ASSUMED I had Decisive Strike equipped so they decided to make other people like me and the 3 others in the lobby wait for another server even though just for a killer the wait time takes 20 minutes. When I saw man up I meant stand your ground, because as a survivor it's my job to use my perks to survive, and a killer is supposed to use their perks make sure I don't survive, so if this was an experienced player who didn't want to go against Decisive I understand that, but the fact that people are telling ME to not use the perk I rightfully own after buying that DLC is something I find unacceptable, so please, DO NOT tell me to man up when half the time I fail the skill check, mkay?

• AnthonyC2014

@Tsulan said:
    AnthonyC2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

People do that?

There was a huge wave of survivors disconnecting against him, when he was released. That resulted in a nerf for him. Because "it's obviously not fun to play against him".

That's... Wow. That's the reason people say all Survivor Mains are salty, I guess.
    Others don't wanna play against him even though he can be easily countered by just failing a self heal skill check on purpose.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

The moment I joined the lobby, I waited a while then I decided to try and get better at being Laurie.

Are you familiar with post hoc, ergo propter hoc? It's a logical fallacy wherein you connect two events that might not be related at all just because one occurs after the other. Try queuing up as Laurie instead of switching to Laurie in-lobby, see if that works. And another question, are you switching at the very last second?

I decided to start switching to Laurie after I join the lobby (Not at the last second) because I want to see beforehand "Are my teammates going to help me as a Laurie?" If they will, I will be a laurie, if they won't, I go as whatever they would work best with depending on their character (Like how David's perk We're Gonna Live Forever works good with Claudette's Perk botany knowledge so he can keep bodyblocking.)
    If I join as Laurie regularly, half the time I get the same message, "You have been disconnected from the host."
    This is the reason I am begging for Dedicated Servers to come out soon. So I don't have to suffer because the killer wasn't up to going against a Laurie.

Since when do dedicated servers stop lobby dodging? (That's what we call a non sequitur.)

A Dedicated Server would make it so we just have to wait for a killer while we can still relax and strategize with our fellow survivors, as opposed to the killer disconnecting and breaking the entire lobby ;-;

That is a wonderful idea! So the 4-man SWF, all with flashlights, will sit in the lobby indefinitely. Good!
  • AnthonyC2014

@popoles said:
    AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

That is a wonderful idea! So the 4-man SWF, all with flashlights, will sit in the lobby indefinitely. Good!

Are you really implying that no one would just put their salt shakers aside and just play the game as killer?
    I don't wanna be biased but by this point I'm starting to see how Killers can be jerks just as much as "toxic" survivors.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    So I guess you would be okay if survs dc if they suspect a mori is being used then right? Right? 

Lobby dodging is not the same as DCing once the trial has started.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

Arent you killers suposed to be a bit braver than that? Man up.
    Not a single perk in this game is cancerous just because they've been used by cancerous people, you need to tell the difference. It's how you use those perks what makes you toxic or not.

What do you mean killers have to be braver? People playing killer arent actual killers just people looking to have fun which is impossible when you get looped and once you finally get the looper down they get a second chance.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Global said:

@Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

Not a single perk in this game is cancerous just because they've been used by cancerous people, you need to tell the difference. It's how you use those perks what makes you toxic or not.

What do you mean killers have to be braver? People playing killer arent actual killers just people looking to have fun which is impossible when you get looped and once you finally get the looper down they get a second chance.

I said killers because many people here seem to be worried about lore.
    Do you get looped and kill just one or none in every match? You need to get better
    You dont? Then dont make a big deal out of it when it happens.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Was this really worth a post? No

Just find another match...

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

Survivors are reskinned of one another's models. Laurie versus anyone else are all killable. Starting perks are different, but any character can have dstrike.

I would chalk it up to either the killer had to dc because of something IRL, your ping was too high, or some other non logical solution like a friend invited them.

The only time I would say someone DCs from killer is against a full SWF lobby or a team switches characters with 5 seconds left. You know they are trolling and you want a quality match. Otherwise, queue up and go again.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Why do the really stupid threads get so much attention and the really well thought out ones fizzle out in a few hours?

Answer:

Millennials.

• slingshotsurvivor
    Orion said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

Lobby dodging is not the same as DCing once the trial has started.

Actually it is - both end the game. If a surv DC's prior to loading in the game adjust the number of gens. When a killer does it there is no game. 
  • SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@RagingRealm said:
    Dude, just queue again. It's not a big deal.

It's not that that bothered me, I just wanted to know if it would end up happening to me all that often, because if so then I would just continue to level up Laurie so I can use her perks without triggering killer mains and ruining the wait for everyone else in the lobby.

You exist => you're lobby dodged.
    Just enjoy your lobby simulator.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

How self centered do you have to be to think it's because of YOU that a killer decides to quit the lobby, like did you forget about the 3 other people there as well?
    There's been plenty of good reasons here that are not just "it's because i switched to X character at X seconds left." "The Killer is scared of Laurie"
    If anything i would bet it mostly being on ping. I would sure as hell not play with 2 people in the red, or even one person in red if it's high enough.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

Laurie got Decisive Strike at the begining, and every killer hates Decisive Strike.

• Orion

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    Actually it is - both end the game. If a surv DC's prior to loading in the game adjust the number of gens. When a killer does it there is no game. 

You didn't get in a game when the Killer lobby dodged. They're not the same.

• Orion

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Why do the really stupid threads get so much attention and the really well thought out ones fizzle out in a few hours?

Answer:

Millennials.

That's just pathetic. Anything else you want to blame millennials for? The temperature in my city is 8 degrees lower compared to yesterday. Was that caused by millennials as well? No wonder nobody takes your generation seriously when you turn everyone else into scapegoats.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Digwiid said:

How self centered do you have to be to think it's because of YOU that a killer decides to quit the lobby, like did you forget about the 3 other people there as well?
    There's been plenty of good reasons here that are not just "it's because i switched to X character at X seconds left." "The Killer is scared of Laurie"
    If anything i would bet it mostly being on ping. I would sure as hell not play with 2 people in the red, or even one person in red if it's high enough.

I have stable 70/75 ping on ps4 and im a killer main but some survivors have almost 600ping on ps4... if there is even one survivor with High ping you will hate the game after one match cuz your screen stutters and freeze so if you manage to Master that stuttering killer gameplay you are flawless killer when you get that constant 35fps... I am one of them... Lol
  • slingshotsurvivor
    FinLadd said:
    Digwiid said:

I have stable 70/75 ping on ps4 and im a killer main but some survivors have almost 600ping on ps4... if there is even one survivor with High ping you will hate the game after one match cuz your screen stutters and freeze so if you manage to Master that stuttering killer gameplay you are flawless killer when you get that constant 35fps... I am one of them... Lol
    Wow I didn't realize this! Thanks for pointing it out. We play with some folks who don't have great ping so it makes more sense that a killer wouldnt wonna have a bad experience either. 
  • AnthonyC2014

@Khalednazari said:
    I managed to find out the host who dodged you. 

That was her!> @Swiftblade131 said:

Was this really worth a post? No

Just find another match...

Happened several times in a row.> @Global said:

@Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

When your accused of Pallet Looping but in reality you do your job as a survivor and you HIDE.
    I don't get caught by the killer that often, and more likely than not, I miss that decisive skill check.
    Also, may I add, most Decisive Users are inexperienced, by which I mean they are like me, miss the skill check, and think about their life decisions, or other times we don't get the chance because the killer decides to dribble to avoid you getting the hatch that you had to work for while your teammates decided to get themselves downed and DC'ed, I use it when I really need to, not the first time I get caught, I use it when the killer decides to facecamp, I let him down me, then I use DS to get the person off the hook, the killer tunnels me, and runs after me the entire match while the person who I had to work forever to save hides behind a rock cutting herself with a medkit.> @Giche said:

@Vietfox

I will stop you right here, i play this game since it's release.

Mainly playing killer, i've been throught ALL the bullshits this game and survivors had to offer.

Squads with 4 x instant DS, infinites, ... the list goes on.

So you impliying it's some sort of lobbyism by the killer's community just make me laught.

Whereas survivors usually do it in the most disgusting way (looking at you, Freddy...)

I'm know waiting for the usual :

"JuSt bReAk thE PalLEt "

"PaLetT ArE MindGaMes "

I fail all my pallets, I am not a cancerous survivor, I walk around healing my teammates and doing gens, how is that cancer?
    Also, if you really have that much of a problem with survivors, just go to a rank 20 game and see how hard it is for us to be able to win when half the killers at rank 20 are really using one shot kill add ons, Ebony Moris, and have a fully maxed out killer at level 100.
    People at the lower ranks have it worse than anyone at a high rank, just ignore the cancerous survivors t bagging at the exit, or if you want to see how hard those of us at rank 16 and above have it by deranking and playing as a survivor using only one perk, try to simulate how it is learning to play the game now.
    I've seen players who play for 2 months straight and they can't play because the killers are using ebony moris at the start of the game, making the game last 2 minutes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

For every Killer that quits on you for being Laurie, there's hundreds if not thousands of Killers who don't ######### care who you are.
    Don't let a few out of thousands make you angry. :)

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Boss said:
    For every Killer that quits on you for being Laurie, there's hundreds if not thousands of Killers who don't [BAD WORD] care who you are.

Like me. Half the time I've got the Steam overlay open and am browsing 9gag. Of the few times I don't, I'm checking for SWF to mentally prepare.

• Boss

@Orion said:

@Boss said:
    For every Killer that quits on you for being Laurie, there's hundreds if not thousands of Killers who don't [BAD WORD] care who you are.

Like me. Half the time I've got the Steam overlay open and am browsing 9gag. Of the few times I don't, I'm checking for SWF to mentally prepare.

Mentally prepare? What, you put a few more padlocks on your drawer of salt? ;P
    Just kidding of course. :)

• Orion

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

More like get in the mindset that the next trial is likely to be unfun. I find it helps against all those sweaty SWFs.

• Boss

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

More like get in the mindset that the next trial is likely to be unfun. I find it helps against all those sweaty SWFs.

I figured that was it, cause that's me too. 8-)

• Orion

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

@Orion said:

@Boss said:

I figured that was it, cause that's me too. 8-)

If they get too trolly/annoying, I take a page out of their book, if you know what I mean. Let them have their win, I'm just looking for a fun trial.

• AnthonyC2014

@Boss said:

Thank you for the advice, it helps me realize helps me end Laurie abuse and to

@Might_Oakk said:
    MORI!!!!!

THAT!!!!

LAURIE!!!!

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Answer:

Millennials.

I've been triggered!!! Kidding. Maybe. No one engages unless they can hold their own, and anyone can talk about dumb #########.

But, for seriously, why has no one mentioned that "correlation does not equal causation". Like, maybe the killer decided to go make a damn sammich just as this guy switched to laurie, but instead the OP wants to pretend that he's frustrated by having the power to force a killer out of a lobby by simply switching to a character that could have decisive strike. No effing killer cares if someone plays as laurie, most likely the killer was just annoyed that you bish ass survs weren't readied up.

• AnthonyC2014

@apropos said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Answer:

Millennials.

I've been triggered!!! Kidding. Maybe. No one engages unless they can hold their own, and anyone can talk about dumb #########.

But, for seriously, why has no one mentioned that "correlation does not equal causation". Like, maybe the killer decided to go make a damn sammich just as this guy switched to laurie, but instead the OP wants to pretend that he's frustrated by having the power to force a killer out of a lobby by simply switching to a character that could have decisive strike. No effing killer cares if someone plays as laurie, most likely the killer was just annoyed that you bish ass survs weren't readied up.

I just joined the lobby, we were still waiting for a fourth survivor, and it was 5 seconds after I joined I realized that the Claudettes in the server could probably self heal their way to victory. I decided to train on getting a better Laurie so I switched to her.
    2 Seconds later "You have lost connection to the host."
    Every. Single. Time. I don't have bad internet either. Survivors in the servers generally have 20-60 ping.
    Also, I wasn't blaming it on the killer, I understand if you don't want to face Decisive, but why do you assume Laurie is running Decisive? If I was, just tunnel me for the game, like every other killer does to Lauries.
    I was asking "Will this happen often."
    So before you give me an uneducated answer, please do pay attention to the question.

• AnthonyC2014

May I also add towards those who say DS is OP.
    Just dribble. Treat me like a basketball, I do not care. That is a legitimate strategy.
    The hooks are literally 2 feet apart from each other, so just dribble me.

• Boss

@AnthonyC2014 said:
    May I also add towards those who say DS is OP.
    Just dribble. Treat me like a basketball, I do not care. That is a legitimate strategy.
    The hooks are literally 2 feet apart from each other, so just dribble me.

It's a good strategy IF hooks are nearby.
    Hooks being 2ft apart from eachother is an obvious lie.
    Sometimes you'll even create deadzones by just sacrificing a Survivor on a specific hook: A zone in which you can't possibly hook a Survivor on an other hook if they go down in that zone.

But nowadays i just take the DS.
    I do NOT want a DS in my late game, that's just a -1 kill right there.

I don't think DS is the end of the game, i just find it very unfun to use and to have it be used on me.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@AnthonyC2014 Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. i tend to do that.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@HookedonDemand said:
    Maybe they just saw a twitch tv person and fled. Or their lunch was ready.... Who knows.

This is also a very likely possibility. I know when I'm playing as a killer, if I see a Twitch name come into the lobby, it's an automatic dodge. I am not your [BAD WORD] content.

• AnthonyC2014

@Justicar said:

@HookedonDemand said:
    Maybe they just saw a twitch tv person and fled. Or their lunch was ready.... Who knows.

This is also a very likely possibility. I know when I'm playing as a killer, if I see a Twitch name come into the lobby, it's an automatic dodge. I am not your [BAD WORD] content.

If I see a twitch name in my lobby I tunnel them. Wanna make sure they're viewers know not to mess with Hag.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:
    Because as i said at the end, it's not healthy when it's taken too seriously, not for them nor for the community

Some people find that fun.

So are you defending people having fun by being toxic to the community?
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@AnthonyC2014 said:

Here this is why lol

• Orion
    edited November 2018

@Carpemortum said:

No, I'm saying some people find "playing to win" fun, which is exactly what I wrote. Did you even read what I wrote, or were you just looking for something to complain about?

Post edited by Orion on
  • Carpemortum
    Orion said:

@Carpemortum said:

No, I'm saying some people find "playing to win" fun, which is exactly what I wrote. Did you even read what I wrote, or were you just looking for something to complain about?

No, the context was that if someone was taking the game way too seriously, it's not good for anyone. Or the community. As in toxic. You said, some people find that fun, after previously stating that you cant define someone elses fun. 

So I asked if you defended people, having fun by being toxic (going too tryhard or taking things too seriously) to the community. 
  • ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    Runiver said:

Laurie = DS user = makes dodging way more common since DS isn't fun to play against.

Clown and doctor = not fun to play against them but we can not dodge 
  • Orion

@Carpemortum said:
    No, the context was that if someone was taking the game way too seriously, it's not good for anyone. Or the community. As in toxic. You said, some people find that fun, after previously stating that you cant define someone elses fun. 

So I asked if you defended people, having fun by being toxic (going too tryhard or taking things too seriously) to the community. 

The context was that "fun" is subjective, to which I replied that some people find playing to win fun.

You are the one saying that playing to win is inherently negative. You're also pretending I agree and am somehow "defending toxic behavior" by merely explaining that fun is subjective. You are being disingenuous.

• Carpemortum
    Orion said:

@Carpemortum said:

The context was that "fun" is subjective, to which I replied that some people find playing to win fun.

You are the one saying that playing to win is inherently negative. You're also pretending I agree and am somehow "defending toxic behavior" by merely explaining that fun is subjective. You are being disingenuous.

I never said playing yo win is negative. You said that, were met with a response of "people trying that hard isnt good for anyone" to which you said "some people find it fun". In direct response to the statement that trying too hard is bad for the community. Not that "people find it fun to be the best they can", you simply responded to the remark about being bad for the community as someone may find it as "fun". 

So I asked if you defended the behaviour. Asked. Not stated. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I hate Laurie, but only due to her voice ##########