Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Host Quit When He Saw Me Switch To Laurie

Okay, so I was having a nice time in Dead By Daylight after I purchased the Halloween DLC, I had played a few rounds of playing Laurie Strode (Who was incredible if you use Decisive correctly)
But then, I decide to play again and the host who I connected to saw me switch to Laurie and disconnected from the lobby...
Does this happen often to other Lauries? I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

Comments

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91

@RagingRealm said:
    Dude, just queue again. It's not a big deal.

It's not that that bothered me, I just wanted to know if it would end up happening to me all that often, because if so then I would just continue to level up Laurie so I can use her perks without triggering killer mains and ruining the wait for everyone else in the lobby.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Okay, so I was having a nice time in Dead By Daylight after I purchased the Halloween DLC, I had played a few rounds of playing Laurie Strode (Who was incredible if you use Decisive correctly)
    But then, I decide to play again and the host who I connected to saw me switch to Laurie and disconnected from the lobby...
    Does this happen often to other Lauries? I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

Yeah mostly it had to do with ds. When I use Laurie I don’t use ds. Instead I just use her other perks but my favorite perk is when killer constantly drop me because they think I have it  8-)

SN: Killer has all the right to leave a lobby. After all they are hosting it. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

They think you have DS or get into game and your the Obsession so they either quit or dribble you thinking you have DS. Just requeue up until you get a game then since it'll happen for myriad reasons. Some Lauries actually run OOB and not DS just to decoy the killer.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

No need to be rude, they’re obviously new to the game.
  • NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

It happens to a lot of survivors because if a killer sees one too many Lauries, survivors with item (all survivors or 3 with items) or swf then they leave. I play both sides and understand why they do that.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:
    He probably didn't want to deal with Decisive Strike.

and this is why killer dodging is so stupid - assuming someones setup based on their character, just another stupid reason for killers to doge, lmao.

Because characters don't have their own perks or anything, and DS is never used by Survivors.

I've never used DS except for several months back when I tried running it for 6 matches. I forgot I had it the 1st 5 and the 6th was at rank 12 against a Freddy on Thompson House. The other 3 quit as soon as they found out he was killer. I was left alone with 5 gens to do and got to use it right before I got hooked.

I ran it on Laurie just to get her Adept achievement and haven't looked back on it since. So no it's not always used by survivors just as Noed, Ruin, Devour Hope, Thrill etc are used by every killer. I've even had Billy's use TI in their builds.

• powerbats

@Orion said:

I'm not saying it's 100% certain, but it's a lot more likely to see DS on Laurie than on any other Survivor simply because it's her perk.

Oh true for sure, I'm wondering how many use it because it's her perk, now many because they want the achievement which is a pain. also how many because they're new to her and how many are because they still need other perks unlocked.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    How do you know the host quit after he* saw* you switch to Laurie???

I just wanted to provoke some thinking..

Bye ^^
  • AnthonyC2014

@PinkEricka said:
    RagingRealm said:

I'm not new to the game specifically, I just get annoyed how killers are disconnecting the lobby because one person probably has Decisive Strike, it's not that hard to counter, either. Just bring them to a room where DS won't have an effect.
    But I am new to playing Laurie.

• AnthonyC2014

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

The moment I joined the lobby, I waited a while then I decided to try and get better at being Laurie.
    2 Seconds later I get a message saying I was disconnected from the host.

• AnthonyC2014

What do you know?
    I join another server and I'm disconnected when I switch to Laurie...
    Time to get this perk to be a teachable.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

The moment I joined the lobby, I waited a while then I decided to try and get better at being Laurie.

Are you familiar with post hoc, ergo propter hoc? It's a logical fallacy wherein you connect two events that might not be related at all just because one occurs after the other. Try queuing up as Laurie instead of switching to Laurie in-lobby, see if that works. And another question, are you switching at the very last second?

• AnthonyC2014

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

Are you familiar with post hoc, ergo propter hoc? It's a logical fallacy wherein you connect two events that might not be related at all just because one occurs after the other. Try queuing up as Laurie instead of switching to Laurie in-lobby, see if that works. And another question, are you switching at the very last second?

I decided to start switching to Laurie after I join the lobby (Not at the last second) because I want to see beforehand "Are my teammates going to help me as a Laurie?" If they will, I will be a laurie, if they won't, I go as whatever they would work best with depending on their character (Like how David's perk We're Gonna Live Forever works good with Claudette's Perk botany knowledge so he can keep bodyblocking.)
    If I join as Laurie regularly, half the time I get the same message, "You have been disconnected from the host."
    This is the reason I am begging for Dedicated Servers to come out soon. So I don't have to suffer because the killer wasn't up to going against a Laurie.

• Orion

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Pirscher said:

Bye ^^

I decided to start switching to Laurie after I join the lobby (Not at the last second) because I want to see beforehand "Are my teammates going to help me as a Laurie?" If they will, I will be a laurie, if they won't, I go as whatever they would work best with depending on their character (Like how David's perk We're Gonna Live Forever works good with Claudette's Perk botany knowledge so he can keep bodyblocking.)
    If I join as Laurie regularly, half the time I get the same message, "You have been disconnected from the host."
    This is the reason I am begging for Dedicated Servers to come out soon. So I don't have to suffer because the killer wasn't up to going against a Laurie.

Since when do dedicated servers stop lobby dodging? (That's what we call a non sequitur.)

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    most killers are cry babies and disconnect if you run
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

@PinkEricka said:
    RagingRealm said:

I'm not new to the game specifically, I just get annoyed how killers are disconnecting the lobby because one person probably has Decisive Strike, it's not that hard to counter, either. Just bring them to a room where DS won't have an effect.
    But I am new to playing Laurie.

Ohhh, then yeah. It happens a lot. They’ll even dribble you to the hook just because you’re a Laurie
  • Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2018

@Might_Oakk said:
    MORI!!!!!

THAT!!!!

LAURIE!!!!

AGAIN... !

AND AGAIN... !!

AND AGAIN... !!!

AND AGAIN... !!!!

AND... well, you know...

AGAIN !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2c32SvJf54

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Lauries are usually toxic af or New players
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Giche said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:
    I know it's probably because Laurie has Decisive, but if that's the case, then man up and hold your position as killer!

What about taking your own advice ?

Man up and don't play with cancerous second chance perks.

Survivor gameplay is already easy enought as it is.

Arent you killers suposed to be a bit braver than that? Man up.
    Not a single perk in this game is cancerous just because they've been used by cancerous people, you need to tell the difference. It's how you use those perks what makes you toxic or not.
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Vietfox

Don't imply that i make my opinion by other killers like i just got the game.

So you chose the strawman to get away with it, no prob'.

I'm used to see this for a long time now.

Cya, in another sterile argument.

• Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

Don't imply that i make my opinion by other killers like i just got the game.

So you chose the strawman to get away with it, no prob'.

I'm used to see this for a long time now.

Cya, in another sterile argument.

Your opinion is reinforced with other people's opinion.
    So what if you had to deal with those squads? I had to as well and i'm not crying for DS to be removed because i can tell the difference between toxic people and "toxic perks", you apparently can't.
  • Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

There's a huge correlation between the two.

You don't want to argue nor listen to someone else, all you do is nitpicking in other's post and create strawman with nothing.

You act like this game is balanced and not plagued by toxicity, laughtable.

A free undeserved escape in this already unbalanced game isn't toxic ? And of course overused by toxic people ?

If you can't see this, nothing i can do for you.

One time use perk, can fail, and i failed it's permanently gone.
    There are toxic people, but let's not pretend all of them are, shall we? Either 4ds squad survivors or killers who constantly hit you while being hooked till you are dead.
    Take it easy and dont overreact just because you have to face those squads. Grow up.
  • Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

There's a huge correlation between the two.

You don't want to argue nor listen to someone else, all you do is nitpicking in other's post and create strawman with nothing.

You act like this game is balanced and not plagued by toxicity, laughtable.

A free undeserved escape in this already unbalanced game isn't toxic ? And of course overused by toxic people ?

If you can't see this, nothing i can do for you.

One time use perk, can fail, and i failed it's permanently gone.
    There are toxic people, but let's not pretend all of them are, shall we? Either 4ds squad survivors or killers who constantly hit you while being hooked till you are dead.
    Take it easy and dont overreact just because you have to face those squads. Grow up.

Huge time wasted for the killer by just pressing a skillcheck (who doesn't take skill at all) because the killer outplayed you by catching you.

And stop with this "Neutrality Bias", everyone who has played this game a bit perfectly know where the VAST majority of toxicity come from.

And not only by playing killer, even by playing survivor you will understand that your "teamate" are more often than not as much as an opponent then killer.

I wonder why...

Killers cannot mechanicaly do that much toxic things btw.

They can also spam mori and stuff. Also remeber that there are 4 survivors per killer, so yeah, u can see that more often from survivors and because the got more tools. Would be funny to see what some killers would do if they had them.
    The main point is that you gotta get over it. A nurse with ebony mori is basically a 4 K match (unless she's a total potato). Am i asking to remove mori from nurse? No
    The nurse is one of the few killers who can get 4 K against SWFs, meaning that they are especially op against solos. Am i asking to nerf the nurse so it can be a bit more balanced towards solos? Again, no.
    Survivors gotta deal with some #########, so do the killers.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited August 2018

@AnthonyC2014 said:

The killer decides whether he wants to play against you.

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.

I highly doubt the killer dodged you for laurie though. I just guess he didnt like it that you switched too late, or he was gonna leave anyway at 15 sec timer because you didnt ready up to prevent quickswitching.
    Mabye another survivor had laggspikes too

• Vietfox
    Master said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

The killer decides whether he wants to play against you.

Telling the killer to man up is quite funny, because its usually the survivors who DC every seccond game because they play against a doc/nurse or missed their DS and got downed.

I highly doubt the killer dodged you for laurie though. I just guess he didnt like it that you switched too late, or he was gonna leave anyway at 15 sec timer because you didnt ready up to prevent quickswitching.
    Mabye another survivor had laggspikes too

Some survivors do DC as well, no complaints here, but that doesnt justify killers dodging either. I find funny when someone wants to play as a killer but takes time to cherry pick each team. I've never seen any killer from a movie not going for especific characters because they are afraid of them.
    PS: you dont know if op waited till the end to switch. After a match my game sometimes automatically switches to dwight and i've pressed ready before i notice it.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Some survivors do DC as well, no complaints here, but that doesnt justify killers dodging either. I find funny when someone wants to play as a killer but takes time to cherry pick each team. I've never seen any killer from a movie not going for especific characters because they are afraid of them.
    PS: you dont know if op waited till the end to switch. After a match my game sometimes automatically switches to dwight and i've pressed ready before i notice it.

Why do you confuse "wanting fun matches" with "fear"? I don't have fun against a flashlight squad, even if I kill everyone. I also don't have fun against a bunch of newbies. I don't dodge, but I can hardly blame people for doing so when they know it's not gonna fun.

• Vietfox
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

Why do you confuse "wanting fun matches" with "fear"? I don't have fun against a flashlight squad, even if I kill everyone. I also don't have fun against a bunch of newbies. I don't dodge, but I can hardly blame people for doing so when they know it's not gonna fun.

I get fun is subjective, but some people shouldnt be so worried for that. I've been destroyed by those squads more than once and i couldnt care less, hell, i'm also having fun when that happens. I take it as a way of learning and if i see that i have no chance i even "play" with them, like doing moonwalking or nodding at the end of the match.
    I get some people takes this game more seriously than me, probably most of them, but it's not healthy when it's taken way too seriously.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    I get fun is subjective, but some people shouldnt be so worried for that. I've been destroyed by those squads more than once and i couldnt care less, hell, i'm also having fun when that happens. I take it as a way of learning and if i see that i have no chance i even "play" with them, like doing moonwalking or nodding at the end of the match.
    I get some people takes this game more seriously than me, probably most of them, but it's not healthy when it's taken way too seriously.

If you know fun is subjective, why do you offer your perception of fun as being relevant to what other people consider fun?

• Vietfox
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

If you know fun is subjective, why do you offer your perception of fun as being relevant to what other people consider fun?

Because as i said at the end, it's not healthy when it's taken too seriously, not for them nor for the community
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Because as i said at the end, it's not healthy when it's taken too seriously, not for them nor for the community

Some people find that fun.