PC - ''Speed hack" Glitch

Options

Happened last night while I was playing DBD with a friend.

We were on badham map, I had we're going to live forever, BT, audiodact and iron will as perks.

Right when I spawned, my ground was glitchy as if it was lagging, I ran...really fast. My friend confirmed that I was fast to other people too that it wasn't lag on my side only.

The bug stopped after the killer has injured me and since I didn't get it again.

I have no visual proof, but basically I spawned, I moved fast and my floor was lagging a lot, the bug stopped after I got hit.

I assume that I got spawned weird, on some collision perhaps and I glitched out? I don't remember the exact spawn but it was somewhere on the behind of preschool.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LexyTheKiller
    LexyTheKiller Member Posts: 54
    Options

Yeah this happened to me as well and I’m pretty sure everyone else. Since it only happened once my guess is that the devs won’t pay any attention to this as it’s not as game breaking as the chest spawns after the update. Anyways hope you have a great day

• FakeLegionMain
    FakeLegionMain Member Posts: 2
    Options

I wouldn't agree that it's not game breaking. Put that bug with a decent survivor and they are basically unbeatable. It really gives you a speed hack effect, I felt so unfair while it was affecting me because I don't want advantages like that.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    Options

For me, I didn't have it... Sounds really broken.

• TatsuyaSuo
    TatsuyaSuo Member Posts: 24
    Options

I got this as well, my game started increasingly lagging and then crashed after like 3 minutes lol

• LexyTheKiller
    Options

I didn’t mean to phrase it like that, it is extremely game breaking but the fact that it’s rare to see means the devs won’t pay much attention to it. That’s kinda what I meant to say but now I take all of that back because this is happening much more often than I thought and people, like I thought, would get reported and banned for a bug.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,487
    Options

Hi, I've seen a couple of reports of this happening now. If any of you experience this, can you try to get video and your logs from that match please? You can get your DbD logs here:

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file.

Your logs would need to be immediately after that match, as they are overwritten otherwise.

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 230
    Options

This has happened to me two times now and pretty sure it's earnt me two reports. Managed to find out though that getting hit disables it though, so if anyone does get it just let the killer hit you then play normally.

• LexyTheKiller
    Options

Well the bug can be fixed by falling off a hill or at any height. Just a tip for survivors who really don’t want to get hit for a bug

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,487
    Options

Can you give as much information as possible - ie what perks you were running, what offerings were used, what charms you had selected, outfit you were using....anything that you can think of to help us track this down would be great.

Thank you all for your help.

• LexyTheKiller
    Options

The first time it happened to me I was playing feng with the toxic brown hair, day off wrap and the cypher skinny jeans. I did not have any charms on and it was on the father campbells chapel. I was running dead hard, iron will, resilience and spine chill. I don’t actually think this matters as I’m pretty sure it can happen with any survivor and any perks etc. But if it helps I only play with female survivors so I’m not sure if this actually happens to male survivors.

• popipo
    popipo Member Posts: 2
    Options

i got the bug on shirtless david so it's not a female gender only thing, 3 shiny charms, dead hard/BT/adrenaline/empathy

tbh, i think it was some kind of lag issue, i was a little laggy, and the "speed hack" behaved like inverse lag, instead of being "sticky" and every second going back a few feet, i was going forward a few feet every sec gaining a lot of ground when running in a straight line