The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Raw Data vs Prepared Graph...

I wonder if DCs we're counted as "kills" by the person making the chart.

I wonder what the rates were like separated by system.

I wonder what the survival rate is for 2, 3 , and 4-man SWF groups.

I wonder what the chart would look like if they looked at total hours played instead of rank.

There's a lot that was unsaid when they presented the chart. Don't be so quick to take it as proof of anything without knowing all the factors that went into or were discarded while making it.

Comments

• Zaram
    Zaram Member Posts: 36

I wonder if DCs by the killer we're counted as "escaped"

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Maybe it would be a good idea to post a link to whatever it is that you are talking about instead of assuming everyone already knows.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    Don't forget It was SenzuDuck telling us that healing at half the speed would take more than double the time.^^

While I'm not a fan of SenzuDuck, I feel I should point out that so many people here showed they didn't understand how a speed reduction translated in terms of time increase that I made a thread explaining it in detail.
    EDIT: Here's the thread - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26495/psa-how-interaction-speed-reduction-calculations-work

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

The thing with the graph from the stream is its kinda useless because most people in any game DbD included are just bad. Rank 1 people are bad on average too. Maybe disconnects count as kills maybe not (though my guess would be they do) but the only thing to see how balanced a game is is to let the best players on both sides play each other over every map multiple times and see how they perform on average.
    To claim that the game is balanced or killers are OP because of average player stats is just simply stupid.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Crythor said:

The thing with the graph from the stream is its kinda useless because most people in any game DbD included are just bad. Rank 1 people are bad on average too. Maybe disconnects count as kills maybe not (though my guess would be they do) but the only thing to see how balanced a game is is to let the best players on both sides play each other over every map multiple times and see how they perform on average.
    To claim that the game is balanced or killers are OP because of average player stats is just simply stupid.

exactly!!!  they should build this game around the top 5% of players. ######### anyone who isn't a pro-gamer or the average players, they don't deserve a good game. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@Avariku said:
    exactly!!!  they should build this game around the top 5% of players. [BAD WORD] anyone who isn't a pro-gamer or the average players, they don't deserve a good game. 

I take it you're also against social programs because you believe they take away your money?
    Balancing a game at the top means that players of equal skill have an equal chance to win. It's beneficial for everyone.

Are you at least with me on this, people keep bringing up DCs as kills, but the graph isn't tracking who does and doesn't get killed, it's tracking who is leaving, therefore DC data doesn't even matter.

I have no idea because I didn't watch the stream, and thus don't know what the devs said about the data.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@Avariku said:
    exactly!!!  they should build this game around the top 5% of players. [BAD WORD] anyone who isn't a pro-gamer or the average players, they don't deserve a good game. 

I take it you're also against social programs because you believe they take away your money?
    Balancing a game at the top means that players of equal skill have an equal chance to win. It's beneficial for everyone.

Are you at least with me on this, people keep bringing up DCs as kills, but the graph isn't tracking who does and doesn't get killed, it's tracking who is leaving, therefore DC data doesn't even matter.

Not entirely true. Someone who DCs cant leave and therefore can lower the %. However its true that a lot of the DCs dont affect them for example people who DC once they are cought on their death hook. But for example an entire group DCs cause they hear the killer is nurse. Maybe they would have escaped maybe not but it for sure ensured noone escaped therefore altering the %. Killer DCs can also alter the % unless it just dosent count the match at all. But it could also count as 4 survived. Who knows?

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@SpaceCoconut said:

No data should be "Assumed" when looking at a chart like this. SWF data was not presented separately and clearly, so nothing can be said about it. Of course SWF groups are beatable... The data would show how much higher their survival rates are compared to solo. Further proving the need for stronger tools to use against groups.

This doesnt makes sense to me. If its aparent that SWF was added in the data then it shows even SWF groups have less than 50% escape rate. This means killers shouldnt have more tools against groups it means solo players need buffs.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Avariku said:
    Orion said:

@Avariku said:

LMAO.  that's the most moronic assumption I've seen in a long time. 

you're actually advocating for the top tier players to be coddled while the rest of the players have to "git gud"  just to stand a chance, so if anything, it would seem you're the type to forsake the masses in favor of the few. not me.   xD
    You better stop video games in general cause most games are balanced around the top. Hell DBD is the only exception i know in fact.
  • BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2018

Personally I think the balance of this game is kind of all over the place. It's hard to judge highest level of play because their are multiple areas to think of in my opinion. You got SWF's who are frankly ready to ruin the killers day. Death Squading around. But take those same really good players and just have them play solo with no coms. They may be a bit harder to kill, but I'd still favor the killer to well kill them, at least the majority of the time. And then you got killers who might as well be on SWF levels difficult due to items, and ebony moris.

This game shouldn't imo be looked at as a hardcore tournament level game. It isn't, never will be. It should be balanced around people having a good time. And the majority of the player base dying more often than they are living probably isn't the best for the game in the long run. Regardless of it being randoms, or SWF.

I agree with normal games catering to the higher level players for balance is generally pretty smart when it comes to setting the game straight for decent balance. It usually trickles down into the lower ranks as others get better. But I don't think it works very well in this game. I mean who are even the top level players in Dead by Daylight? I see an occasional tournament or two hosted by a fan, but it's not like it has hard core tournaments with money on the line that I know of.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

the statistics on escapes vs deaths are irrelevant when you consider that you don't need to escape to win