The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Raw Data vs Prepared Graph...

2»

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Marvett said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Unlimited, self sufficient heals.

Self-care isn't that good anymore
    you lose more time than you earn

P.S.
    as a killer you can also use it to your advantage ;)

Oh I love that meme.^^
    That is so good… if you really suck at math.I am sure Ducky will agree on that one.^^

2 injured people side by side heal a) each himself with SC at the same time or b) heal up each other one after the other.
    Both variations result in both healed up at the same time.
    And with SC you can eleminate that they have to find each other.
    Now tell me again that SC takes longer.

Or we have 1 gen left and 2 survivor play ping pong, if the killer commits to a full chase, he will lose the gen, if he only hit them once to chase them off, they just use SC to heal up.
    Benefits the killer, right?

But hey, who cares about logic.^^

• Wolf74

@Marvett said:

@Wolf74 said:

Sorry, but your lmfao clearly shows that it is completely pointless to explain anything to you.

I wonder whether it is the same with "lol" and "^^" 8-)

@Wolf74 said:

lol

Here we go again.^^

@Marvett said:

@Wolf74 said:

Sorry, but your lmfao clearly shows that it is completely pointless to explain anything to you.

I wonder whether it is the same with "lol" and "^^" 8-)

@Wolf74 said:

lol

Here we go again.^^

Actually not, since I only react on laughable comments, while Ducky is using it on perfectly valid points.
    That's why I have no interest in educating her.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion Already broke down the healing changes in another thread and if you're going to say it's the most used perk well so is BBQ.

Also weren't you one of the ones saying DS was the most op perk, or was it DH, AD etc since it changes like the flavor of the month it seems.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    edited November 2018

@SenzuDuck said:

@Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Wolf74 said:

Yea but this is the thing, I can agree with people on something, and disagree on others.

I hate dstrike, it's the dumbest [BAD WORD] perk in the game that can be nerfed into all eternity for all I care.

But when you get people who still want Self Care nerfed after healing in general has been nerfed, what are survivors supposed to do next? Spend 3 minutes self caring once?

And again you show your complete lack of understanding balance.^^
    Self Care is still THE most OP perk in the game.

But feel free to ignore anything else I said and focus on DS.^^
    Anyway, I am not the only one that already told you that games in general get balanced around good/top player, only Dbd isn't doing it, and guess what? Dbd balance is a mess and everyone is complaining about it. Make your own ideas about any connections.

Explain to me how self care is op lmfao.

It takes 100% more time to heal youself with selfcare then if an other player would heal you BUT if an other player heals you its 2 players needed resulting in the same time wasted so if someone has to spent even 1 sec. to come to you self care is better time management wise. It shouldnt be better.It should give you the ability to heal but it should take more time in comparison. If it would reduce time by 70% for example there would be more situations where it would be better to get healed by team mates for example. Currently the only time where its worse then getting healed by a team mate is if the killer comes for you and it has to be done fast.

Post edited by Crythor on
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Crythor said:
    It takes 50% more time to heal youself

Jesus H. Christ... Read this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26495/psa-how-interaction-speed-reduction-calculations-work

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@Orion said:

@Crythor said:
    It takes 50% more time to heal youself

Jesus H. Christ... Read this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26495/psa-how-interaction-speed-reduction-calculations-work

I just took the wording from the perk but what i said is correct healing yourself with self care wastes as much time as someone healing you instead cause its 2 players wasting time. It takes 2 players 16 sec. each or 1 player 32 sec. with self care resulting in the same so i calculated correctly. So bette read the whole sentence.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@SenzuDuck said:

@yeet said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@yeet said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@yeet said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@yeet said:
    the statistics on escapes vs deaths are irrelevant when you consider that you don't need to escape to win

Doesn't remove the fact that the main complaint from killers on this forum is how unbeatable and unkillable survivors are, when these statistics directly refute that, regardless of pipping or not pipping.

survivors are only unkillable when they are willing to be, most of the time they are not
    that still doesn't change the fact that the room for abuse is still there

Yep, lets balance the game around the 1% of matches that have a 4Man Swat team on them.

Lets also balance the game around the 1% of killers that run noed and face camp.

Because that sounds FUN FOR EVERYONE.

that would be fun, i enjoy competitive games.

the most competitive this game gets is tournaments, and I'm sorry to break it to you but... The teams are 4Man com squads, good luck.

most online PvP video games balance around the top players, DbD is one of the extremely rare exceptions to this
    you basically admitted that you don't want a balanced game

but we already knew that, didn't we?

"A balanced game" Survivor deaths are already more common than surviving, but I guess you want survival rate at 0%, that would suit you, eh?

No game plays like this, most games have a decent ranking system with progression that means something, this is a casual game, the sooner you realise that the sooner you'll move on to something else or start playing this game for fun.

This game has insta kills, insta downs, insta heals, it's a casual game, get used to it.

again, the statistics are meaningless when you don't need to survive to win

• Wolf74

@Crythor
    Don't bother with it dude, we have gone through this with Ducky already. We already explained all that to her. She does not understand it. We derailed an entire thread just to explain it every word imaginable. Several people tried it, but mathematics doesn't stick with her. Her bias is stronger than science. ;)

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20

@SenzuDuck said:

I wonder what the survival rate is for 2, 3 , and 4-man SWF groups.
    I'm assuming they still fell into the graph, and if 2/3/4 man SWFs are still in the "less thatn 50%" category (everyone was btw) then it's safe to assume swf isn't the untouchable gods the forum killers paint them out to be.

@Shadoureon said:
    This doesnt makes sense to me. If its aparent that SWF was added in the data then it shows even SWF groups have less than 50% escape rate.

That is absolutely not how statistical averages work. Here is an exaggerated and unlikely (but perfectly possible) example to show the problem with that line of thinking:

Take 50 matches, 30 with all four solo survivors, 20 with four man SWF.
    If in my crazy example every single of the 120 solo players across 30 matches dies, and in all 20 of the SWF matches every single one of the 80 survivors escape, the average survival rate across all 50 matches and all 200 survivors is exactly 40%.

To say anything about solo versus SWF survivors we really need a graph with two separate lines for both sets.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Wolf74 said:
    @Crythor
    Don't bother with it dude, we have gone through this with Ducky already. We already explained all that to her. She does not understand it. We derailed an entire thread just to explain it every word imaginable. Several people tried it, but mathematics doesn't stick with her. Her bias is stronger than science. ;)

Are you assuming gender in 2018?

LUL

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

THE NUMBERS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?!?!?!?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:
    @Crythor

LUL

ArE yOu AsSuMiNg ThEiR gEnDeR

• Wolf74

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:
    @Crythor

LUL

I think I remember Ducky refering to herself as "she" at some point.
    But using "he" would be the same level of assumption and "it" would sound rude.
    So what's your point beside trolling?

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Wolf74 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Wolf74 said:
    @Crythor

LUL

I think I remember Ducky refering to herself as "she" at some point.
    But using "he" would be the same level of assumption and "it" would sound rude.
    So what's your point beside trolling?

I was just kidding around.

Did you have a point here aside from wanting to do math?

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    It would be nice if every now and then they post stats for each killer like escape rates and kills. I would also like to see separate data for swf groups since going against them and being in one really affects gameplay.