Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers: how do you feel about hook suicides?

HuDawg
HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Title

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

robbed.

both of potential points (BP & Emblem wise), aswell as a fun game.

• HuDawg

Dont you get bps if someone kills themselves on hook?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Disappointed. I could have got 2 more hooks out of them.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited April 2021

I hate it

Now I have one of two choices (assuming this happened early in the match). I take my foot off the gas and get stuck in a match going a lot longer than it should because there's only three people working on stuff or I just go for the quick kills just to get the damn game over with and then feel bad because those three likely never had a real chance...

It's a waste of everyone's time and I really wish BHVR would figure something out to deal with it

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I hate them when I am playing as a survivor.

I hate them when I am playing as a killer.

I am no hypocrite.

• HuDawg

However the far better choices imo is repair as much gens as possible destroy dull or hex totems open chests sabo hooks you name it

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

In my opinion, Hook suicides are understandable sometimes when killers play like absolute donkeys and hard tunnel or facecamp/proxy camp.

When they hook suicide during an evenly contested match though, it hurts hard as a survivor knowing your team was doing well and now your chances have plummeted.

It also hurts as a killer knowing that you could've had some more fun chases. But hey, easier 4k I guess.

• HuDawg

Is it that big a deal? Even then survivors can gen rush or destroy totems and grind

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

much much less than when you 3 hook them.

basically, a hook suicide gives me:

200 "Caught" Sacrifice BP (first hook stage triggered)

500 "Hooked" Sacrifice BP (hooking the survivor)

200 "Entity Summoned" Sacrifice BP (second hook stage triggered)

200 "Sacrifice" Sacrifice BP (third hook stage triggered)

that totals out to 1100 Sacrifice BP overall.

however, if i were to 3 hook someone, i'd get all of the mentioned above, plus two times 500 "Hooked" Sacrifice BP (so 2100 Sacrifice BP), aswell as countless of Chase, Deviousness and Brutality points due to all the chases i was never going to get when the person suicided on hook.

and for emblems its pretty much the same.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

As far as just looking at kills it's like "Great", but I really do prefer it when the survivors try instead of just "I don't like who your playing" kills themselves "I don't like that you caught me" kills themselves. It doesn't make for fun matches.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Boring.

I'd still continue like usual, but the reason has changed: To get out of this now-one-sided trial ASAP.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,534

I feel bad for the others survivors, as it is extremely unfair for them to lose a game just because one of their teammates decided to give up.

When it happens I usually try to sacrifice the other survivors as fast as possible so they can move on to their next trial. Luckily, it doesn't happen too often. And I main Freddy, mind you. Lots of players complain about him, but at least they stick around and play the game. 

• tippy2k2

Depends on the survivors

Some of them realize I've stopped trying to slaughter them and get everything done right away. Some think they're all doomed and just turtle up the entire game playing Locker Hider Simulator 2.0

Either way, I feel like it's a big waste of time for me as I want to play a game of DBD, not farm or just slaughter three unlucky bastards who got the short straw jerk survivor on their team killing themselves on the hook.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

What I was going to say as well, yeah.

Answering the OP, I'm assuming you're talking about if someone suicides at the beginning of the match, so my comments below are reflective of that.

For me, if I'm killing I will literally hear a wind down noise in my mind, and at that point the fun is gone. My desire to stay in the game is just minimal at that point, and I'll either AFK or try to kill the rest asap to get us on to the next game depending on my mood.

If I'm surviving, I just lose any interest in the game at all. It was one thing back when you'd get to spawn in with less than 4 survivors and the game would balance accordingly (you can see this in custom games), but suiciding just deprives us of a game, and to make matters worse if it was the first or second hook the survivor just screwed us out of benevolent emblem points since the emblem cares a lot about the first two hooks.

It's a dick move, pretty much. If you're the first one hooked you're genuinely just ragequitting for having been found first, so why bother queuing up at all?

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Depends.

If I'm trying to get an adept achievement or trying to play for full performance and hooks, I curse them.

Most of the time, I couldn't care less of whether they suicide or not, It's not my problem.

In fact, they are giving me easy pressure, I thank them.

• HuDawg

But seriously suicide on hook is mostly out of spite against the killer so the killer shouldn't really complain

• tippy2k2

You just screwed over your three teammates so...good job showing that killer?

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

I don’t care

1 less survivor, lt usually means a win

on the flip side l don’t blame a survivor for hook suiciding if it’s some sweaty strider spirit proxy camping, ready for the tunnel.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Well i feel bad and then i dont wanna kill others. When someone dc'ing or sc'ing other survivors gets free win for that. And i also have points because of farm. Only who killed himself/herself loses game.

• pigsaag
    pigsaag Member Posts: 206

if they want to give me the match go ahead. but as survivor, i feel like why should i try. i will die anyway.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I definitely feel bad for the survivors, that sucks. In the past I used to just let them go, but then it was like... Well, I still want to play?

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Bad. I usually just end up memeing with the remaining survivors and letting them escape.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

I’m extremely happy because I know it’ll going to be a relaxing game where otherwise it’s either be sweatier than them or lose.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

As a survivor it ruins the game and as killer for me it also just ruins the game. 3v1 just isnt fun at all. I feel really bad just hooking the survivors to end the game more quick but I really dont want to farm I just wanna move on

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Assuming it is done early in the game as a form of ragequitting, I feel like the game was ruined. Done in the late game to try and give some the hatch, I'm cool with it.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I think it makes no sense to punish the killer and the other survivors for the behavior of a player. The killer gains fewer points and the survivors are probably doomed with one less teammate. IMO, killers should gain an extra amount of points when this happens and survivors should get a gen repair speed boost. OFC, my idea is more complex than that but explaining would get out of the thread's subject.

• papabear2009
    papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

As a survivor, it's no fun and as a killer, it's no fun.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I admit I sometimes kill myself on hook if it’s a miserable match. If the killer is hard tunneling and camping or if I’m going up against a Spirit or Nurse. I just don’t enjoy those matches.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

If I'm playing killer it just makes the match easy and kinda boring.

As a survivor it can be annoying but if they do it against a spirit I get it.

• fatbabyslayer
    fatbabyslayer Member Posts: 105

I feel bad for them but I am most def not gonna show mercy on them on top of not tunneling and other things to make the game fun for survivors

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Me be like: "Sucks, but atleast i can play maximum chill game."

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited April 2021

if i have their BBQ token (if im using the perk) i dont care tbh. but normally i would just giver them an inch, i wont stop playing properly but i will allow unhooking, and most likeley i wont tunnel or slug (unless i need to wich is weird in a 3 v 1)

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

im always like: oh man this couldve been a fun match if it wasnt for this suicide. also you dont really get any bloodpoints

it also sucks for survivors cuz losing 1 player with 5 gens remaining is a 70% less chance of survival

• VispeR
    VispeR Member Posts: 39

it's their choice, im fine with it. But it's happening not so often.

• SasakiHaise
    SasakiHaise Member Posts: 15

Something like "cmon, are you serious?" type vibe, for me suicide is a useless endevour, the only exception is when you are suiciding to give a hatch

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

I feel good. Because it means I won not only in the game but also on survivor's mind.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

If a survivor isn’t having fun, and wants out, that’s their prerogative.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

I hate how the devs and anyone who believes stats use hook suicides to claim that SWF is perfectly balanced because some rank 20 survivors hook suicided and that's why the survivor death rate is so high

• fatbabyslayer
    fatbabyslayer Member Posts: 105

I dont wanna have to let them win but they blame me cuz theyre teamate decided to kill themselves

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

could not care less unless it interferes with my challenge of it im going for adept.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

It depends, if Im playing someone like Spirit or Hag because I have a ritual I understand completely, if Im playing a more normal Killer I dont like it because they are ditching their teammates for petty reasons.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

If I kill myself ok hook it's almost always because of the other survivors as opposed to something the killer did. If they're doing nothing and not good at even 1 thing (gens, chases etc ) then it might aswell be a farming run for just the killer! (so what's the point).

So I'd argue, don't always feel bad for the other survivors since they may well be the reason for people wanting to get into another match!