Harsher punishment for DC / ragequit

PiiFree
PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Something needs to be done about this. I get at least one DC per match which is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't only ruin the whole fun but the remaining players expect you to start a farm fest with them and DARE YOU if you kill them.

3 matches in a row:

I want to know why you, BHVR, are so protective towards ragequitters? I'm seriously tired of it and I simply don't understand for what reason you allow a DC rate of like 50% until actions are taken? No one disconnects every 2nd match "on accident".

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

Devs said (afaik) something like "we want to give players the chance to leave a match if they dont have fun" - the problem is: devs dont realize that one guy that doesnt have fun, and three others that have fun, result in "4 guys dont have fun anymore" when the one guy DCs.

Sure there are "technincal issues" or Crash to Desktops also, but this mostly doenst happen when the Surv first time realize, that his match is against a Doc or a Pig, and it also doenst happen when they Teabag hard as hell, and DC instantly after get hitted down, we all know that kind of problems.

I still prefer a timebased lobbyban after disconnecting. 1st time 2 minutes, 2nd time 5 minutes 3rd time 10 minutes, (so the technical issues and the Crash to desktops are not punished tooo hard,

after 4th time 15 mins, 5th 30 mins 6th 45 mins, 7th+ 1h lobbyban. at 10th DC (whoever reaches that with this kind of timebased lobbybans) should be result in a ban until 13th day of month (rankreset day) that ban just should be active for ranked gameplay. kyf is not affected by that ban (or all of that timebased bans too)

Reset every day at midnight. Problem solved.

If you want to leave a match earlier, there just should be the way over a hook. noone needs to be forced to wait until the match is over. if you choose way out of the match over a hook, you can enter next lobby without get punished.

i think that is a good way for all situations (bantimes can be adjusted of course. its just an idea)

dont forget there is already a 5 sec lobbyban in the game when a killer closes a lobby. so the basic mechanic is already implemented. I think devs would be smart enough to use this mechanics for a system like that.

Kind regards.

• PiiFree

@Orion said:
    The DC rate is not known, so I advise you to stop making ######### up and talking about what you don't know. DC bans are happening, as evidenced by the complaint threads after each and every single ban wave. You don't see the big picture; the devs do.

Your reading comprehension is pissing me off. l2r, I was talking about MY experience as I clearly stated, which is btw also totally irrelevant to the actual topic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@PiiFree said:

@Orion said:
    The DC rate is not known, so I advise you to stop making ######### up and talking about what you don't know. DC bans are happening, as evidenced by the complaint threads after each and every single ban wave. You don't see the big picture; the devs do.

Your reading comprehension is pissing me off. l2r, I was talking about MY experience as I clearly stated, which is btw also totally irrelevant to the actual topic.

Your personal experience is not representative of the whole problem with DCing.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Orion said:

@PiiFree said:

@Orion said:

Your personal experience is not representative of the whole problem with DCing.

@Orion
    Where are you when people claim to face swf with instaheals and BNPs quite frequently/almost every game? Lol
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Where are you when people claim to face swf with instaheals and BNPs quite frequently/almost every game? Lol

Games should be balanced at the top; not at the mean or mode. Also, game balance and DCing have nothing to do with one another.

• Vietfox
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

Games should be balanced at the top; not at the mean or mode. Also, game balance and DCing have nothing to do with one another.

But there's a common ground, experiences, that's what i meant.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:

And? The context is completely different.

• Vietfox
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

You said: "Your personal experience is not representative"
    That's why i asked you where were you when people say they gotta face swf with instaheals, bnps, etc almost in every game.
    Might be their personal experience, probably twisted because people tend to remember better bad experiences or maybe they had a bad day, but we all know it's not like this, not at all.
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

I wish to comment on the disconnections and rage quitting, but I'll reserve my opinion till console bans come. I am pretty optimistic about it. There are also other issues like killer-survivor duo farming, killer or survivor body-blocking and holding the game hostage, etc. I hope they're well-addressed and make the gaming experience better for everyone :):)

• PiiFree

@Orion said:

@PiiFree said:

@Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

I think what Vietfox tried to say is that when people complain about cancer SWFs, flashlights ect. - those complaints are all based on an individuals experience aswell and - according to you - not representative in any way. Fun fact; to get a big picture of the situation, you require different, individual experiences and feedbacks to find an "average" that's not completly biased towards a specific side. Every opinion matters, as it represents the experience of a player and is therefore part of the total playerbase experience.

Exactly the same with cancer SWFs, that's why Vietfox asked where your pointless input "your experience is not relevant" is when the topic is about this issue? As this can be said about pretty much every single thread here, it's all based on personal experiences.

Your thread has nothing to do with the game's balance. Don't complain about my reading comprehension when you can't even tell the difference between complaining about balance and complaining about players breaking the rules.

What's the difference? Both are complaints that are solely based on an individuals experience, which is exactly what your input was about. You discredit my thread simply because it's based on my personal experience, which makes no sense at all.

Now, get off your high horse and stick to the topic: Disconnects require harsher punishment. Not because I see many DCs but because it ruins the fun for everyone else.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@PiiFree said:
    Good idea but I would adjust the numbers.

1st DC -> 5 minutes
    2nd DC -> 15 minutes
    3rd DC -> 30 minutes
    4rd DC -> 1 hour
    5th DC -> cya next day

It's way too forgiving, people should realize that their DCs have consequences. They DC to escape from an - in their own opinion - unfun match but at the same time they ruin the fun for 4 others. It's selfish and egoistic and in a team based multiplayer, this should be punished accordingly.

There is no reason to protect constant ragequitters, no one wants to play with them and their behaviour is inacceptable.

Ive been suggesting this for ages.
    Right now its just a joke

• Master

@Khalednazari said:
    I wish to comment on the disconnections and rage quitting, but I'll reserve my opinion till console bans come. I am pretty optimistic about it. There are also other issues like killer-survivor duo farming, killer or survivor body-blocking and holding the game hostage, etc. I hope they're well-addressed and make the gaming experience better for everyone :):)

I have never understood these arguments.

I would prefer to DC with punishment in the few games I have someone holding me hostage and then wait a fwe times 5 minutes each year instead of having my matches regularly ruined by ragequiters

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

Edited the original post to remove the names of players - we do have a no naming & shaming policy.

And a reminder to everyone to please stay on topic - the OP has made the title clear enough for people to understand what the thread is about.

• angardia
    angardia Member Posts: 54

you know what... at first i would agree with you...
    yesterday i got the same face camping killer twice!!! that was busy body blocking and then licking the hook your on till your dead... and same 3 SWF people who understood that we are up against the same killer...
    they got captured and just died on the hook without any interest playing...
    the killer was on Bloody Party Streamers... but still decided to camp instead of playing... so i just left the match so he wont get the points.... but one person left! and i decided to watch...
    here is what i seen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N0SZKj8hMg

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

Hmmm. I see farming. But i cant see they "play together" against the other survivors (because noone is left) and I think that is not a reason for reporting. Correct me if you think something else.

Why I think so? Well, both players decided to stay. noone is forced. Claudette can do what she want to escape. 2 gens and hatch or 5 gens and exit or DC. If this guys want to waste their time, why not? all others can leave the match over aftergame screen as you did at end of vid. good point: the killer is out of lobbysearch if he wastes time like that.

Only thing is the farming of bloodpoints. with bloody partystreamers and BBQ. but well, I think the amount of bloodpoints earned is nothing for the wasted time.

Just go on to next match. Should be the best solution for you.

• Master

@angardia said:
    yesterday i got the same face camping killer twice!!! that was busy body blocking and then licking the hook your on till your dead... and same 3 SWF people who understood that we are up against the same killer...
    the killer was on Bloody Party Streamers... but still decided to camp instead of playing... so i just left the match so he wont get the points.... but one person left! and i decided to watch...
    here is what i seen:

First of all, camping is a way to play the game.

Second, the video shows a survivor and a killer farming. Whats the issue? Thats not a bannable offense

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

Three survivors suicided, killer had pity on the last one and decided to give him a few points so he doesn't suffer from his crappy teammates. All fine.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,200

I don't think BHVR wants to commit to stricter punishment but it would be cool if they gave the power then, to us players.. like, have there be a counter next to the player that DCs or dodges.
    Give me the choice to play with a person that has a high number next to their name... altho with the matchmaking problems they've been having lately, I doubt they'd do anything close to this.

• KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    Milkymalk said:

Three survivors suicided, killer had pity on the last one and decided to give him a few points so he doesn't suffer from his crappy teammates. All fine.

I just had a match like this. 1 DC, 1 hook suicide. Killer let the 2 of us get a few BP and we gave him some. No one's time wasted but ours and it was fun! 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

I strongly believe that leveling down all equipped perks by 1 level is the ideal solution to rage quits. I think banning players for it is unnecessary, or should be saved for someone who does it ridiculously excessively.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Orion said:

I just wish it were the same on console. It's infuriating how many games I have where someone DCs because there's no punishment for it.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    People will just suicide on hook then. Ur asking for useless thing 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

well, nobody cares about the game crashing or if the servers crash mid match, we are just gonna ignore that happens

• ShrimpTwiggs

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

At least with suiciding on the hook, there's a time window. The time it takes for that survivor to be found, caught and hooked can be beneficial to the others. But just quitting as soon as you see a map you don't like or a killer you hate just screws everyone completely.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@S0ckenSchuss said:
    Hmmm. I see farming. But i cant see they "play together" against the other survivors (because noone is left) and I think that is not a reason for reporting. Correct me if you think something else.

Why I think so? Well, both players decided to stay. noone is forced. Claudette can do what she want to escape. 2 gens and hatch or 5 gens and exit or DC. If this guys want to waste their time, why not? all others can leave the match over aftergame screen as you did at end of vid. good point: the killer is out of lobbysearch if he wastes time like that.

Only thing is the farming of bloodpoints. with bloody partystreamers and BBQ. but well, I think the amount of bloodpoints earned is nothing for the wasted time.

Just go on to next match. Should be the best solution for you.

I've seen it with Dying Light plenty. Survivor has Obsession perks and No Mither and killer queues with them and walks right over smacks them and they kill themselves on the hook. Funny thing is we still won the most game with 3 people and Dying Light active. I was so tempted to DC every time. If you lag switch and get me which lagswitching is extremely common on console, I shouldn't be penalized for a DC. You're already cheating.

• purebalance

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

Second, the video shows a survivor and a killer farming. Whats the issue? Thats not a bannable offense

Yes that is. It's literally listed under one of the report categories.

• purebalance

@Milkymalk said:

That definitely isn't what happened. Killer was mad about the dc since he literally said it was the same person who camped previously and was going to do it again. So since people dropped out bam bam bam he wanted his points. If he had any pity for people including himself he wouldn't camp like a shitter.

• Master

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

Only if it is forced farming and in the video the survivor clearly cooperates

• purebalance

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

No it's called "working with the other team to gain an advantage or grief." You are not allowed to work with the killer to get bloodpoints by that statement. You're wrong.

• DwightsLifeMatters

At least with suiciding on the hook, there's a time window. The time it takes for that survivor to be found, caught and hooked can be beneficial to the others. But just quitting as soon as you see a map you don't like or a killer you hate just screws everyone completely.

You forgot BBQ&C lad
  • Master

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

No it's called "working with the other team to gain an advantage or grief." You are not allowed to work with the killer to get bloodpoints by that statement. You're wrong.

We know that farming is allowed as long as it is not forced farming.

• ShrimpTwiggs

ShrimpTwiggs said:

You forgot BBQ&C lad

Still not as harmful to the others as DCing. At least BBQ has counterplays.

• purebalance

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

It literally is not allowed. It is in the description for griefing and it doesn't matter if it's forced or not. It says you are NOT allowed to cooperate with the killer for personal gain. Bloodpoints are personal gain. It separately lists farming when it harms others as well. Stop posting.

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

We need servers and queue timers like "Oh you DC? Well you can't play for a good 10mins" and it gets larger and larger.

• DwightsLifeMatters

ShrimpTwiggs said:

You forgot BBQ&C lad

Revealing survivor locations is much stronger than 10 seconds 
  • PiiFree
    edited November 2018

Can you guys stop derailing? This was never about farming with the Killer or anything related to that, it's solely about the Survivors & Killers that disconnect during the match since they're "mad cuz bad".

@TheHourMan said:
    I strongly believe that leveling down all equipped perks by 1 level is the ideal solution to rage quits. I think banning players for it is unnecessary, or should be saved for someone who does it ridiculously excessively.

That's not a good idea and it's very simple to understand why; It punishes the other 3 innocent survivors aswell.

I strongly believe that the only way to punish griefers is:

• keep them from regular matchmaking (temp bans)
    • put them amongst themselves
    • low priority (longer queue times for them)

Don't let the others pay for it. I as Killer don't want to play with DC-Survivors. I as Survivor don't want to play with DC Killers or Survivors. No one wants to play with them, they only hurt the gameplay experience and there is no legit reason why frequent DCs don't deserve some sort of punishment - and I have no sympathy left for the people that defend DCs.

Every round-based multiplayer game with closed lobbies has some sort of punishment for DC / RQ.

Dota 2, LoL, CS, Rocket League, ... Why not DbD?

• PiiFree
    edited November 2018

Please stop derailing this thread with nonrelated stuff like farming, thanks.

Giving DC / RQ a perk-level downgrade would also punish the other 3 Survivors, which is why I think that's a bad idea.

I strongly believe that the only punishment that could change their behaviour is:

• temporary bans
    • seperate matchmaking queue (put DCs together)
    • Low priority (longer queue times for them)
    • an ingame tag that shows other players if someone DCs frequently

LoL, Dota 2, CS, Rocket League, ... all round-based games with closed lobbies have some sort of punishment for DCs - why not DbD? Why do they protect the players that purposely and knowingly ruin the fun for the others?

• ShrimpTwiggs

ShrimpTwiggs said:

ShrimpTwiggs said:

You forgot BBQ&C lad

Revealing survivor locations is much stronger than 10 seconds 

Unless the survivor is bad, the time it takes to be found, chased, downed, and hooked should be much longer then 10 seconds.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@Master said:purebalance said:

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@purebalance said:

@Master said:

@angardia said:
    here is what i seen:

It literally is not allowed. It is in the description for griefing and it doesn't matter if it's forced or not. It says you are NOT allowed to cooperate with the killer for personal gain. Bloodpoints are personal gain. It separately lists farming when it harms others as well. Stop posting.

Did you forget the post event stream where matt cote said "killers and survivors working together, which is fine"?
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603

@PiiFree said:
    Good idea but I would adjust the numbers.

1st DC -> 5 minutes
    2nd DC -> 15 minutes
    3rd DC -> 30 minutes
    4rd DC -> 1 hour
    5th DC -> cya next day

It's way too forgiving, people should realize that their DCs have consequences. They DC to escape from an - in their own opinion - unfun match but at the same time they ruin the fun for 4 others. It's selfish and egoistic and in a team based multiplayer, this should be punished accordingly.

There is no reason to protect constant ragequitters, no one wants to play with them and their behaviour is inacceptable.

1st DC - 15 minutes
    2st DC - 1 hour
    3st DC - 24 hours

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

Measurements gainst dc do nothing, i for example just suicide every 2nd-in-a-row match gainst a nurse and spirit, but unfortunately thats not enough to drop below rank 2. I dont enjoy people picking the wheelchair killer so i just suicide - people will always find a way around bad design. Games starting with 3 people, lobby bug, random design choices to please dumb people -it might get harder to get the best out of the gaming experience but never impossible.

• Orion

@Vecors said:
    Measurements gainst dc do nothing, i for example just suicide every 2nd-in-a-row match gainst a nurse and spirit, but unfortunately thats not enough to drop below rank 2. I dont enjoy people picking the wheelchair killer so i just suicide - people will always find a way around bad design. Games starting with 3 people, lobby bug, random design choices to please dumb people -it might get harder to get the best out of the gaming experience but never impossible.

It's no wonder you lose to those Killers when you don't even try to learn.

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2018

@Orion said:

@Vecors said:

Didnt mean to trigger you, nurse main.

edit: i just noticed i didnt mention myself losing against them - you should stick with the facts.

• Orion
    edited November 2018

@Vecors said:

@Orion said:

@Vecors said:

Didnt mean to trigger you, nurse main.

edit: i just noticed i didnt mention myself losing against them - you should stick with the facts.

Not a Nurse main or even a Killer main. I didn't mean to trigger you, DC main.
    EDIT: You did mention losing against them. DC=Lose. If you could win, you wouldn't give up immediately.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

@PiiFree said:
    Can you guys stop derailing? This was never about farming with the Killer or anything related to that, it's solely about the Survivors & Killers that disconnect during the match since they're "mad cuz bad".

@TheHourMan said:

That's not a good idea and it's very simple to understand why; It punishes the other 3 innocent survivors aswell.

I strongly believe that the only way to punish griefers is:

• keep them from regular matchmaking (temp bans)
    • put them amongst themselves
    • low priority (longer queue times for them)

Don't let the others pay for it. I as Killer don't want to play with DC-Survivors. I as Survivor don't want to play with DC Killers or Survivors. No one wants to play with them, they only hurt the gameplay experience and there is no legit reason why frequent DCs don't deserve some sort of punishment - and I have no sympathy left for the people that defend DCs.

Every round-based multiplayer game with closed lobbies has some sort of punishment for DC / RQ.

Dota 2, LoL, CS, Rocket League, ... Why not DbD?

How does that punish the three others who didn't quit?

• PiiFree
    edited November 2018

@TheHourMan said:
    How does that punish the three others who didn't quit?

Did you read the post that I qouted? The post was about "reducing the perk tiers for the DCs", which would directly affects the strength of the whole survivor team and therefore would put the other 3 survivors in a worse situation.

I personally don't want to get matched with a DC, especially not if the DC plays with an additional disadvantage (weaker perks). This would most likely increase the chances of them disconnecting or simply suiciding on hook (because they can't take the challenge), ultimately ruining the match once again.

From what I've seen, the allowed DC rate is at 35% and only if you exceed this, you fear getting punished. 35%? That is absolutely ridiculous, who decides to allow such a high DC rate in a team based multiplayer game?

You're allowed to DC every 3rd match without any punishment....