Tunneling and camping killers

Options
KOFF
KOFF Member Posts: 15
Tunneling and camping killers should be ge get more easily banned because its unfair if killer tunnels only one survivor and doesn't seem to care other survivors and when the killer gets one or two of them to hook he starts camping and yesterday one killer said he camped because he didn't have perks and add-ons so he decided to camp and me and my friend died on our first hook when game was going on like 5 minutes and killers nowadays starts camping right away when they get the first hook and thats not fair.

Comments

• ForsakenLemon
    ForsakenLemon Member Posts: 42
    Options

What rank are you? Because if it is white and yellow ranks, then it is something you have to deal with, killers who can't play try to get kills, but it doesnt give them many blood points or pips

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:
    What rank are you? Because if it is white and yellow ranks, then it is something you have to deal with, killers who can't play try to get kills, but it doesnt give them many blood points or pips

So, in your mind, Killers who can't play get kills, meaning that those who can play don't get Kills. Do I have that right?

• KOFF
    Options
    I've been facing these kinda killers mostly at rank 1 and now at rank 9 after the reset.

• KOFF
    Options
    And when i play with killer i do not camp or tunnel because i hate it myself so i don't do that to others.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

@KOFF said:
    but in my opinion killers must give atleast little bit chance to win

"give"
    Oh, so can you stand still and give me a free hit then?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    KOFF said:
    And when i play with killer i do not camp or tunnel because i hate it myself so i don't do that to others.
    It’s called playing to win. Do the strategy that works the best, doesn’t matter if the other side doesn’t like it. Congratulations, you’ll not do it, and loose plenty of games once you’re in the green or higher ranks. 

As a Killer, don’t complain about Looping. As a Survivor, don’t complain about camping or tunneling. Neither side is obligated to “play your way”. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sxzxJBNka8

This video is satire, but it accurately sums it up. No “why me?!” Also, as M.Cote says in the video, it’s not supposed to be fair. It’s balanced, but as a Survivor it’s not fair. Just as intended. You’re team mates have free reign of the map to Rush the Gens or do whatever, which makes it balanced. If it was fair, then it wouldn’t be balanced. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@KOFF said:
    Tunneling and camping killers should be ge get more easily banned because its unfair if killer tunnels only one survivor and doesn't seem to care other survivors and when the killer gets one or two of them to hook he starts camping and yesterday one killer said he camped because he didn't have perks and add-ons so he decided to camp and me and my friend died on our first hook when game was going on like 5 minutes and killers nowadays starts camping right away when they get the first hook and thats not fair.

It isnt fair either if survivors genrush or loop, really annoying gameplay :wink:

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

There's nothing wrong with tunneling or camping. It's a strategy. Unless the person is specifically targeting you during multiple games, then you can report them for griefing.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Killer should give free unhooks and never hook someone two times in a row.
    Survivor just deserve their benevolent points and safe unhook score events.
    [/s]

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Stealth harder, and stay away from the killer to go after totems and gens.

The less the killer sees you, the better. And the less they can do to you.

Or build towards a stronger evasive character.

Or both.

Of course they kinda latch on to me when they finally do see me. 
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

When I get accused of tunnelling, it's not that I am actually tunnelling, its just that when someone gets unhooked and I turn around, I usually see the injured player first, I'm not going to waste my time searching for the person who did the unhooking.

• ForsakenLemon
    Options

@Orion said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

So, in your mind, Killers who can't play get kills, meaning that those who can play don't get Kills. Do I have that right?

No, did you not read what I said? LOW RANK PLAYERS tunnel and facecamp, that is why I asked for OP's rank

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:

@Orion said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

No, did you not read what I said? LOW RANK PLAYERS tunnel and facecamp, that is why I asked for OP's rank

I've been seeing a lot more of both at all ranks during the past month, for some reason.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ForsakenLemon said:

@Orion said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Tunneling is the decision for the injured/hooked target in case you have a decision between different targets at all.

GIve me one reason not to tunnel, common sense tells me that I should always do it if I want to play well as killer

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Since I played DbD I get tunneled. Probably cuz I play dwight. However, I adapted on getting tunneled to that point, that I'm a complete time waste for the killer. If he doesn't realise this, 3 or even all of us will get out. Just learn to waste time and be optimal with pallets. 
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options
    I'm rank 1 and I tunnel/camp if I want to.

I have to be honest - I play every match however I feel like playing, without any regard for the opinions and feelings of others. 

"Why'd you tunnel/camp me?"
    'You spawned.'

Wild. 
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    edited November 2018
    Options

Tunneling and camping is the equivalent to body blocking, flash-lighting and endless pallet looping. It annoys the hell out of each side, yet is considered valid gameplay strategy, and when each side complains about it the response is always "How dare the killer try to kill you/How dare the survivor try and survive".

At least with campers you can take advantage of it by gen rushing them while they are wasting time camping. But I often wonder what kind of player finds fun and entertainment in spending most of the match just standing by a hooked survivor waiting for them to die.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Hello OP,  :)
    Camping was confirmed a legit "strategy" by devs as much as people disagree with it. Also you can be playing with new Killers considering the rank reset a day or two ago. Just try to rack up as much points to pip so you don't have to deal with it most of the time. I'm sure higher rank Killers have better things to do other than face camp, its pretty boring; not that I'm  knocking anyones play-style.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

conclusion:
    i screwed up and lost and now i want the player who beat me get banned.

10/10. Thats how you play a PvP game!
    cause who needs skill, if we can simply ban everyone who defeats me?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

@KOFF said:

slrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp
    A:not a bannable cause
    B:this is a game so who tha hell cares about tunneling/camping it annoying we know
    C:IT IS FAIR, some killers will camp near exits is a good tactic
    D: my opinion about this is people who report for camping or tunneling need to find a new game to play or
    Git Gud (can somebody bring the DOCKTA picture in here?)

• ForsakenLemon
    Options

@Master said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

@Orion said:

@ForsakenLemon said:

Tunneling is the decision for the injured/hooked target in case you have a decision between different targets at all.

GIve me one reason not to tunnel, common sense tells me that I should always do it if I want to play well as killer

How about I give you three, map pressure is a 0 when you tunnel, it promotes gen rush when you only chase one person, less blood points for a game where you dont do much in the game

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Instead of punishing killers for camping and tunneling, how about give them an incentive to play otherwise?

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    Options

Ive been seeing weird complaints about tunneling lately. Like yesterday, I had a guy tell me that I tunneled him. When really, I left the area after hooking him, but came back when i saw he was unhooked and he ran right to me, hooked him in the basement, go to leave and his friend literally jumps down as im coming up. He unhooks him, and i turn around and hit him... nothing. Borrowed time. i chase him, hit him again and when I go to hook him he disconnects then sends me a bunch of nasty messages about tunneling.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@KOFF said:
    In my opinion tunneling killers just suck at this game coz i get most of the time 3 to 4k without tunneling at all and i don't care about that if all survivors escape they were better player than me then...

It's fine if you want to purposefully handicap yourself and pretend those who don't are less skilled, but keep it to yourself.

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89
    Options

@Whateverthefuck said:

The irony that killers say that looping is a unskillful thing to do, but yet they say tunnelling and camping is a strat.

Dude listen, most killers run bbq chili, and if as a killer you can't see any or only one survivor in the far and there are no gens nearby you know the survivors are up to something. So of course you'll camp.

Oh no the survivor is trying its best to not get hit and survivor (killer proceeds to keep chasing this survivor instead of breaking off to check gens and go for others) 3 gens pop on and now killer finally catches the survivor and then proceeds to camp them because of a stupid excuse of 3 gens going off when they could've avoided it by leaving that survivor.

You wanna know why? Self care. Literally breaks the game. You just hit someone, the survivor runs far away and heals and goes back to being 2 hit again. You can't win games like this unless you run something that slows down the game such as ruin or overcharge.

You know what.... I'm done.

Good to know your limits

it's your limit, no skills in traking down people. Git good

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    edited November 2018
    Options

Camping killers is STILL an issue even though they already "addressed the issue in the last patch."
    Well guess what, it's obviously not enough since its still a problem and turning people off from a game like this where survivability is already minimal.
    I'm killer main, but when I want to try my luck at being a survivor, encountering these players makes this game so bad, especially since they're rewarded for such terrible play style.

It's a trash play style.
    Stop defending it.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

If the killer does that, it just means he really likes you

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Here u go!

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    edited November 2018
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    The player paid* for the game just like you did therefore he has the right to play however he wants as long as it's not cheating, exploiting glitches, hacking or being EXTREMLY disrespectful to other players 

Fixed.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Options

camping: its legit and a waste of time for the killer. the one who is hooked, is in a really bad position, but three others could finish 3 or 4 gens until the hooked on dies. 

In Solo, many times that the one who is hooked just DC or let him die in few seconds, and other 3 survivor are #########.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options
    I hate when my camped hook DCs. I feel robbed.

I do camp....when I need to secure a kill. It just works (sometimes).

If you don't like it, don't get hooked.
  • wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

Instead of punishing killers for camping and tunneling, how about give them an incentive to play otherwise?

There is. It’s called bbq and chill. Survivors complain that it is OP

there is make your choice.

there is devour hope. 

On top of coordinated survivors being able to simply say “do the gens (s)he is camping”

there are lots of incentives to not camp. Adding more won’t stop people from doing it.
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Tunneling and gen rushing are one and the same thing
    Getting the objective done as fast and efficient as possible

Gen rushing can be combated by putting pressure on the survivors
    Tunneling can be combatted by taking a hit for a fellow player

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Sonzaishinai said:

Wrong. Tunneling is playing efficient. Gen rush is just bad game design.
    Gens are done way to fast. If the survivor play well, the killer can't do crap about it.
    If a survivor is a decent runner a single hit takes 30-40 seconds, so 2 hits plus carry to a hook is about the time it takes to do a gen ALONE without any toolbox or great checks.
    If the survivor spread out and do gens all on their own, that's 3 gens done on the first hook.
    The problem about gen rush is that the Devs choose to balance the game for low rank/low skill survivor, that mess around and can't "walk the killer" and can't do great skillchecks.
    Every other game is balanced top down instead of bottom up.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Sonzaishinai said:

Wrong. Tunneling is playing efficient. Gen rush is just bad game design.
    Gens are done way to fast. If the survivor play well, the killer can't do crap about it.
    If a survivor is a decent runner a single hit takes 30-40 seconds, so 2 hits plus carry to a hook is about the time it takes to do a gen ALONE without any toolbox or great checks.
    If the survivor spread out and do gens all on their own, that's 3 gens done on the first hook.
    The problem about gen rush is that the Devs choose to balance the game for low rank/low skill survivor, that mess around and can't "walk the killer" and can't do great skillchecks.
    Every other game is balanced top down instead of bottom up.

I'm not saying it's balanced or not
    Just saying it's the same thing
    Rushing the gens is doing the objective fast and efficient

wether this is balanced or not was not my point

This discussion has been closed.