We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Blight

Skaty
Skaty Member Posts: 66

Does anyone main him I’ve never actually faced him, so I decided to play as him this evening and he seems pretty fun?

Im still learning the game is he unpopular? Is there issues with him?

Comments

• lugZas_exe
    lugZas_exe Member Posts: 57

I play him a bit, he is really cool and fun to play and play against in my opinion. But I don't know any issues with him (but I don't play for a long time either). And like you, I see him not very often as a Surv. I dont know why but I think he is fun and easy to learn, but hard to master.

• Skaty

I enjoyed the few matches I had with him control was a issue on my first match and I didn’t realise you had to ping off things to unlock his power 😂 but once I got the hang of it was super fun.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

With blight the biggest thing that'll help you is to remember just because you can use your power doesn't mean you should. His power doesn't help you catch survivors so much at loops but when they transition between loops. Tracking perks work pretty well on him since he can actually get to certain places fairly quick.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

I tried blight and well... It wasnt much fun for me on console, because i cant rly flick precisely with my analog stick. I guess you understand the problem here 😂

But i think you could have fun with him if you try hard enough or just play with mouse and keyboard and try a little less hard 😛

Overall i think he is not that viable compared to other killers like spirit, doctor or freddy but for fun and a little challenge here and there i think he could do pretty good.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I've been maining him for awhile, since the Billy rework, and he's a ton of fun but I'm not gonna lie the bugs that he has gets very annoying sometimes so I cant really only play him and the supposed fix to his collision that was implemented did nothing to make his rush and bounces feel more consistent so just get used to sliding off of rocks, cars, trees, or most nonstandard objects.

I don't mean to put people off to him cause like I said he's a ton of fun, has a high skill cap, great map pressure, and can be very strong at certain tiles but he also takes a ton of map knowledge, raw flick skills, and being able to react very quickly to situations so with his difficulty in mind and all the bugs that will happen over prolonged gameplay, he just has a few catches to him that I'd prefer to warn people of before recommending him.

• Skaty
    edited April 2021

No this is really great thank you. I was just very curious about him I can see how it would be frustrating though.

I’ll probably have a play for a few weeks see how I get on I’m starting to get to know the maps well know so it was pretty helpful with him.

is there any builds you would recommend trying?

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

well there is the basic blight build of bbq, ruin, undying, and tinkerer, its a great build to maximize blights map pressure but if you might get some ######### for it since the build kinda plays the game for you a little bit, though if you do lose your ruin and undying real early it can be kinda rough, if they stay up though gives you a lot leeway to just practice bouncing around. If you hate totems like me though i've just been running bbq, whispers, IF, and pop or switch the IF out for ruin

• TheAverageAsh
    TheAverageAsh Member Posts: 21

Blight main on console! My favorite killer and I don't have too many problems playing him and if you learn him he is easily the top 5 killers in the game it's very rare to go up against a good blight but the good ones are the equivalent to a good nurse. There's only one map I've ever experienced really bad collision being blackwater, other than that I don't really experience too many problems with him. People say he's harder on console but that applies to any game in general. He's really fun an I'd recommend learning him we need more blights in the fog.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,971

The majority of my killer matches of late have been with Blight, and he can be frustrating to learn at times (a lot of sailing right past survivors sometimes), but he's a lot of fun, especially once you start getting a better feel of him! As far as playing against him, its been a rare sight for me, one killer I especially remember I'm pretty sure was learning Blight themselves, as they rarely used their power during the match.

But I honestly think he's been one of the most fun killers for me in the roster.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536
    edited April 2021

Blight is a blast, it's extremely rewarding to learn his kit and he's a pretty strong killer. The problem is he's one of the buggiest killers in the game, what you will and won't bounce off of is incredibly inconsistent and on certain maps you just have to guess whether you'll slide off of something or not. You will lose games due to these bugs, but if you can move past them he's a very fun killer and hopefully he'll get fixed soon.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 624

I've mained him since release and have probably mastered him or really close, and my guess as to why he's a rare sight is that he's a pretty tough killer to learn. You have to learn which loops are effective to use with his power, which ones aren't and on top of that deal with his annoying bugs, like sliding off of stuff and bouncing off of hatch. Also console players suffer massively when playing Blight since they can't flick, so that's a good chunk of the player base unable to play Blight.

But if you stick with him and practice frequently he becomes one of the strongest Killers, and imo rivals Spirit for second strongest Killer.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I was going to "main" him, but the new pov combined with the forced camera perspective while running makes me literally want to throw up. Every time i look down slightly to see where i am going the game forces the camera back up. This causes a constant camera bob up and down up and down up and down.

No idea why they forced this.