Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Two Killers. 8 Survivors. 10 gens.

Make this happen.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@EntityDispleased said:
    2 killers 8 survivors 10 gens and 12 fps

I can hear the screams from the console users already.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Sure maybe after we get dedicated servers in 2025 sometime

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Keene_Kills said:
    I can imagine 7 survivors making a conga line body blocking the hook or kneeling around you when you throw one on your shoulders, making a survivor wall all around ya'. Swarming a downed survivor to heal, would look like a scene out of a zombie movie. Flashlight brigade manning their battle stations. Would look like a bunch of fruit gnats swarming a rotted apple.

You have one chaser and a bubba.
    Bubby will take care of that conga line, no worries :wink:

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Latherface in the basement and nurse zooming around the map vs 8 survivors. I wonder how this will end...

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November 2018
    I don't think you would need 8 survivors. 5-6 would work assuming they were communicating.

Probably need a 3rd exit gates though.
  • Attackfrog
    And if they conga-lined you, the killers could double-hit each survivors, basically instadowning them, assuming they could communicate too.
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    This is ALOT like the Identity V mode.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

2 killers 6 survivors 6 gens would be balanced better I think.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

the two killer part is why devs are not doing it, 1 side of this is because on could be leather face and camp the hooked survivor while the other can go look for survivors, their can also be two ruins and 2 devour hopes making this too difficult on the survivors and dont forget about 2 dying lights, those will end up stacking and with the regression it gives, that will make the game mode extremely unbalanced and not fun AT ALL

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Homeslice said:
    Until leatherface shows up

A mode like this would actually benefit Leatherface a lot. Survivors accidentally bodyblocking each-other out of panic and stuff, in comes Leatherface in a frenzy.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

Two Killers.
    8 suvivors.
    10 gens.
    Massive lag?

Unless we got dedicated servers...hmmm. ;)

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599

2 killers 8 survivors 10 gens and infinities pallets

• Clauds
    Clauds Member Posts: 53
    God this would be a nightmare, especially against OP killers. 😂
  • powerbats

Bubba guarding and say a Billy/Nurse/Spirit doing the chasing.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

it is ok if it is 2 teams blue vs red,

killer can only dmg the opposite team and survs can do their same color gens

• Attackfrog
    Survivors are opposed because adding a second killer is the only thing that can effectively combat the swf scenarios we see now.

So it will never happen.
  • powerbats

@Attackfrog said:
    Survivors are opposed because adding a second killer is the only thing that can effectively combat the swf scenarios we see now.

So it will never happen.

Your facts don't add up since quite a few of those opposed are killer mains so you might want to get your facts straight.

It won't happen due to optimization issues on console and even then the connection would destroy console users. But yes go ahead and keep showing your bias against actual logic and facts I'm sure it'll get you far. 😜

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Homeslice said:
    Make this happen.

Can we get the revers of this instead?
    8 Killers, 2 survivors and 1 gen?

• powerbats

@MegaWaffle said:

Can we get the revers of this instead?
    8 Killers, 2 survivors and 1 gen?

But make the killers fight over who gets to kill the survivors.

• Attackfrog
    edited November 2018
    powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

So it will never happen.

Your facts don't add up since quite a few of those opposed are killer mains so you might want to get your facts straight.

It won't happen due to optimization issues on console and even then the connection would destroy console users. But yes go ahead and keep showing your bias against actual logic and facts I'm sure it'll get you far. 😜

Typical survivor main spewing typical survivor rhetoric and oppressing the real killer mains once again! 

Us true killer mains know exactly how we feel!
  • powerbats

@Attackfrog said:
    powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

So it will never happen.

Typical survivor main spewing typical survivor rhetoric and oppressing the real killer mains once again! 

Ah yes the typical Ad Hominem thrown in and as usual completely and utterly wrong. Killer main currently atm so yet again your argument falls flat on it's face. You just can't admit the idea isn't sound for a myriad of reasons so you resort to the classical and failed survivor main insult.

It will never happen because it isn't feasible from any standpoint no matter how you try and argue with insults, facts will always shoot you down in FLAMES But keep up with the insults as i said I'm sure eventually you'll learn to accept those don't work here.

• Homeslice
    Homeslice Member Posts: 36

I need to diffuse the flame salt here. Hmm... one sec.

• powerbats

The no socks look killed it.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    SenzuDuck said:
    Sounds awful, let’s think of something that wouldn’t be totally boring.

WHY do you think this is a bad idea? At this point, a new game mode that wasn't available as often such as a weekend event would be cool.
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145
    Myers and doctor combo 
  • powerbats

@katoptris said:
    Myers and doctor combo 

Yes imagine a game offering from the Doctor with his best addons and then Myers with either Ebony and Scratched Mirror or Tombstone and Tuft.

• Homeslice

but what if you could have two of the same killer? 8-)

• Attackfrog
    powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:
    powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

So it will never happen.

Ah yes the typical Ad Hominem thrown in and as usual completely and utterly wrong. Killer main currently atm so yet again your argument falls flat on it's face. You just can't admit the idea isn't sound for a myriad of reasons so you resort to the classical and failed survivor main insult.

It will never happen because it isn't feasible from any standpoint no matter how you try and argue with insults, facts will always shoot you down in FLAMES But keep up with the insults as i said I'm sure eventually you'll learn to accept those don't work here.

You are using the word "insults" wrong. Perhaps take your own advice instead of "flaming" my posts and speak more directly to the topic.

The idea is actually quite sound. The amount of people playing at one time in the OP is probably not realistic but 2 killers at one time would make for some great gameplay.

Just because they don't have the backend work to make it happen doesn't mean people don't want it or that the idea is bad.

If you can't see that there ARE people who want a KWF scenario, then you may need your eyes checked. I had a thread on it not too long ago (same old arguments against it) but there was genuine interest. There have also been other folks who have posted interest in this type of gameplay in other threads.

I do notice a theme in your posts though: when a few individuals disagree with you, you tend take on the role of the "voice of the forums" and present a very elitist attitude in the words you chose, attacking the poster rather than the idea. Even when you make a credible argument, you discredit yourself by attacking the poster.

You may forget, but the forums make up a VERY small and specific minority of players (for any game). Sometimes a majority belief in a forum is a minority of the players...or more importantly, potential customers.

Tl;dr: There are definitely people who want to KWF. Just because it may not be technically feasible at the moment doesn't negate the genuine interest in this type of gameplay. Having two communicable killers is something I think many SWF mains are fearful of because it would be a serious obstacle for them.

• powerbats

@Attackfrog said:

**Typical survivor main spewing typical survivor rhetoric and oppressing the real killer mains once again! 

You are using the word "insults" wrong. Perhaps take your own advice instead of "flaming" my posts and speak more directly to the topic.

Seems pretty clear you were trying to insult me with that bolded comment of yours above.

The idea is actually quite sound. The amount of people playing at one time in the OP is probably not realistic but 2 killers at one time would make for some great gameplay.

2 killers would make it more interesting but as stated repeatedly in ym post and others countless times it won't work due to all the reasons listed in this thread and the rest.

Just because they don't have the backend work to make it happen doesn't mean people don't want it or that the idea is bad.

The idea is bad because of all the factors that'd make it bad, those have been discussed ad nauseum, you just don't like the reasons.

If you can't see that there ARE people who want a KWF scenario, then you may need your eyes checked. I had a thread on it not too long ago (same old arguments against it) but there was genuine interest. There have also been other folks who have posted interest in this type of gameplay in other threads.

**I can see there's people that want this it still doesn't mean it's a good idea and as I said KYF is already in the game options. There's people that want to have killers go 200% movement speed, while some want survivors to be able to attack the killer.

Both of those are bad ideas and yet there's lots of people that want them, or similar crazy ideas. If we use your logic it should happen because people want them.**

I do notice a theme in your posts though: when a few individuals disagree with you, you tend take on the role of the "voice of the forums" and present a very elitist attitude in the words you chose, attacking the poster rather than the idea. Even when you make a credible argument, you discredit yourself by attacking the poster.

I've attacked the arguments plenty and you had no argument, you went straight to insults so I attacked your credibility. You didn't like it and resorted to more of the same along with deflections.

You may forget, but the forums make up a VERY small and specific minority of players (for any game). Sometimes a majority belief in a forum is a minority of the players...or more importantly, potential customers.

You claim to notice a theme in my posts yet ignore where I've stated many a time the forums are a minority of the playerbase and that many people probably aren't even aware they exist. For someone so versed in my posting you seem to conveniently ignore a lot that doesn't fit your narrative.

Tl;dr: There are definitely people who want to KWF. Just because it may not be technically feasible at the moment doesn't negate the genuine interest in this type of gameplay. Having two communicable killers is something I think many SWF mains are fearful of because it would be a serious obstacle for them.

Again KYF or kill your friends is already a game mode and has been for quite some time. Also having 2 communicable killers would be fine in theory against a full 8 man swf. But against say 8 solo players it'd be a massacre.

You're also forgetting that this would require dedicated servers and because of this people would need to be close to a server. Then you have the issue of killers would be heavily favored coding wise on whether a hit took place or not similar to say Overwatch or CS.

If you think huntress hitboxes are bad they'd be nothing compared to how that'd work and the survivors would be at a heavy disadvantage latency and packet wise. If you'd go read all the other threads where this idea has been debunked countless times before by people with far more network and coding experience than me you'd understand.

• Attackfrog
    powerbats said:

@Attackfrog said:

**Typical survivor main spewing typical survivor rhetoric and oppressing the real killer mains once again! 

Seems pretty clear you were trying to insult me with that bolded comment of yours above.

2 killers would make it more interesting but as stated repeatedly in ym post and others countless times it won't work due to all the reasons listed in this thread and the rest.

The idea is bad because of all the factors that'd make it bad, those have been discussed ad nauseum, you just don't like the reasons.

**I can see there's people that want this it still doesn't mean it's a good idea and as I said KYF is already in the game options. There's people that want to have killers go 200% movement speed, while some want survivors to be able to attack the killer.

Both of those are bad ideas and yet there's lots of people that want them, or similar crazy ideas. If we use your logic it should happen because people want them.**

I've attacked the arguments plenty and you had no argument, you went straight to insults so I attacked your credibility. You didn't like it and resorted to more of the same along with deflections.

You claim to notice a theme in my posts yet ignore where I've stated many a time the forums are a minority of the playerbase and that many people probably aren't even aware they exist. For someone so versed in my posting you seem to conveniently ignore a lot that doesn't fit your narrative.

Again KYF or kill your friends is already a game mode and has been for quite some time. Also having 2 communicable killers would be fine in theory against a full 8 man swf. But against say 8 solo players it'd be a massacre.

You're also forgetting that this would require dedicated servers and because of this people would need to be close to a server. Then you have the issue of killers would be heavily favored coding wise on whether a hit took place or not similar to say Overwatch or CS.

If you think huntress hitboxes are bad they'd be nothing compared to how that'd work and the survivors would be at a heavy disadvantage latency and packet wise. If you'd go read all the other threads where this idea has been debunked countless times before by people with far more network and coding experience than me you'd understand.

My very first comment on this thread was a tongue in cheek comment based on the "us vs them" (survivor "mains" vs killer "mains" ....which is ridiculous in itself) mentality so often used in this forum....pretty much a troll post. You bit, so I rolled with it.

Second post was the same only escalated for more division between the "factions". I wondered how seriously were we going to take this same argument.

Third (lengthy one) was all true. And you are still arguing with yourself and repeating the exact same arguments (tech, servers, stability...blah blah blah). You focus solely on comments that "support" your side and again, ignore anything said that might make a KYF feasible if given appropriate tech support (IE: the notion of different leagues for grouped matches)

Maybe you should go re read the other threads about this topic instead of beating a dead horse and you might be able to tease out some of those great ideas.
  • Homeslice

I do think at least a new mode of play should be in order?. Maybe instead of 5 gens it's activate 10 power grid switches... find x amount of this etc.

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90

The there has to be a kill with friends mode. Imagine two p3 nurse mains. 10 dcs one match

• powerbats

@BingBongBoi said:
    The there has to be a kill with friends mode. Imagine two p3 nurse mains. 10 dcs one match

That'd actually be 2 Freddy's both perkless and 10 dc's 1 one.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Eh, I don’t know how i feel about it. I feel like after the launch of the mode, for like a few weeks it’ll be popular, then it’ll die. Kinda like Realm Royale.
  • fahrezaa11
    fahrezaa11 Member Posts: 4

@Homeslice said:
    Make this happen.

Maybe total Gen 12, If 8 survivor versus 2 killer