[Insert rant here]

Spared you the details

Comments

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

Would kill the game pretty much, so no.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

What makes you think the "unicorn" we know as Skill Based Matching will have provisions for working with SWF at all? They are having a hard enough time finding a working formula to measure the rating of a SINGLE Player, let alone try to figure out the implications of the 4v1. For the most part, I don't believe they have given it any thought beyond:

1. Will we base the Skill based matchup of the highest Ranking Survivor against the Killer,
    2. Or do we base it on the lowest Rank Survivor in the group?

The only way SWF will ever be addressed is by making them their own Que so that they can balanced by:

1. Unlocking a 5th Perk for the Killer against them to offset the 5th Perk (Comms) that all SWF have,
    2. And/or (if needed in addition) requiring an extra Generator to power the gates.

That has always been the ONLY feasible solution for SWF. They don't implement it because Que speed is their chief concern and takes precedence over EVERYTHING thing else. That is why the second the Que bogs down even a bit, all matchmaking is thrown out the window and they just put a Killer together with whomever is on tap and waiting.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Chances of MMR being implemented anytime soon. Minimal

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited April 2021

If I lose game after game after game, I should eventually be facing easier survivors at my skill, not red ranks, last-second-switch-to-flashlights-and-keys, 1st hook at 3 gens done, 2nd hook at all gens done, borrowed decisive bodyblock, game taken hostage so that they can milk THEIR "fair share" of points out of me, penalized if I so much as try to concede, BULLSHIT match after match after match!!!

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

If you aren't having fun, take a break or hit the road. This is the game; it has always been the game. DbD, some have joked, is a stress simulator, some deranged Doctoral candidate's magnum opus. I'm being a little glib here but the cold, hard truth is you are either having fun or you are not. Everyone is just playing the game, doing the best with what they have available. Killer can be extra stressful because you don't have teammates to blame when things go south. There is only you. I can assure you it is possible to play against all those things you list and WIN. Lots of people do it every day. You just haven't found your stride; you will... or you won't. The only relevant question is whether or not you are having enough fun to offset the stress you are experiencing.

• myersmain69420Xx
    myersmain69420Xx Member Posts: 31

you can blame something other than you if your playing killer as long as its someone like blight, then you can just blame the map being bad