What are the general strategies to win as killer on certain maps?

kyogul
kyogul Member Posts: 491

There are lots of maps in this game, and there are many where you basically have to use certain strategies to win for the most part, but I'm only aware of a few. I think a common example is Azarov's Wresting Place and Suffocation Pit, you pretty much have to 3gen if you want to win.

Are there any other specific strategies on other maps a killer generally has to follow in order to win?

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

It's very killer dependant honestly...

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Midwich’s best strategy is a DC tbh

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    edited April 2021

Pray the survivors are terrible mostly.

At least, for larger maps with low mobility killers that is.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Define your win condition.

Name the map and killer combos you were thinking of.

Then we'll go from there.

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

It differs a lot player-to-player and game-to-game. Nurse on midwich is hated by many, but top tier players (who know how to play it) love the map on her as she can stand in the middle and just teleport to any generator easily (even if deadzones are annoying, they can be learned).

You'd need more specificity to get specific results and strategies.

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

Exist and breathe.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

LOL! I won't DC from a match, regardless of the map, but I do feel ya. When I see that map come up, I give us about a 10% chance and try to just make the best of it. Definitely a Killer's map, IMO.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2021

One strategy that helps every killer. Helps, not guarantees a win.

Ignore the Survivor's rule book for killers.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

Let's say for M1 killers in general, rather than for strong killers like blight/spirit/nurse who can do whatever they ######### they want pretty much

Midwich is one of my favourite maps tbh, I like going to it if I feel like preserving my hexes.

I was thinking more general, like an M1 killer. Specifically we can go for Wraith. Combo...err at the moment I run: STBFL, Bamboozle, Pop, and Discordance. But more generally I run something like BBQ/Surge/STBFL/Brutal or Enduring

No map in particular, just what to do on certain maps if you need to have a particular strategy as opposed to just go to gen chase and then hook. Like I only learned recently to pretty much 3 gen always on Suffocation Pit, Azarov's Resting Place, etc. as opposed to playing more normally.

It's kind of a subconscious thing for me to respect it, like to avoid camping/tunnelling, although certain perks incentivise me to do that. Like STBFL, I will tunnel someone specifically just to get stacks as opposed to trying to tunnel them.

• EvilJoshy
    edited April 2021

Camping and tunneling are just words the survivor community made up to blame the killer for them having a bad match.

If I see a healthy and an injured survivor. I'm going for the injured one. Whichever is the quickest to down so I can go back to pressuring gens. I don't keep track of who was hooked last.

If the gates are open, I got one person on the hook, everyone else is healthy and I have no way to down someone else before they get to the exit. I'm going to say F it and secure my one kill. There's no other way for me to down someone else so I'm going to camp.

If it's the best decision to achieve my objective, then I am going to do it. Their feelings be damned. I don't expect them to care about me so I don't care about them :P

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Actually, it's not map dependant, it's survivor dependant. You can 3-gen on Azarovs of Suffo Pit, but you don't have to, it's just easier. Take those survivors that kick your butt and put them on Hawkins and they'll still beat you unless they royally screw up.

Playing killer is almost like playing against Nurse or Spirit: you've pretty much just got to hope your opponents are worse than you. And also don't just resort to holding W, predropping pallets, using second chances, and slamming gens.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Tunneling also happen when a killer deliberately targets one survivor, regardless of health state, in order to get them out of the game in the most efficient fashion. Camping, you may be surprised, also happens when you equip insidious Bubba and sit in front of a survivor, regardless of if they're being hook-bombed or not.

You may also be surprised to learn that camping and tunneling were not terms invented by survivors, or even in DBD itself. There's a difference between refuting a bunch of toxic survivors and being a reactionary, spiteful toxic killer.

• EvilJoshy

There's also survivors that get hit and they say the killer tunneled them. There's killers that hook someone, a teammate unhooks before the killer even takes 2 steps and they call him a camper. My all time favorite are the survivors that deliberately DC because it's a killer they don't like then they come to the forum and complain they got hit with a ban.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Right. And those are the toxic survivors, noticeably different from actual camping and actual tunneling. That's no different from you saying that camping and tunneling are simply constructs invented by survivors.