Franklin's Demise Rework

Possibly the worst perk a survivor could go against is Franklins.
Imagine you finally put on that purple flashlight with the odd bulb and green battery. You even put in a white ward in case you die. The killer has Franklin's and at any moment you could lose that item. Not to mention it also damages the item making it worse should you actually retrieve it. Your white ward becomes useless at this point because if you die then you lose the item when you go down. This perk is the only perk to affect something in anything outside of the game. Even escape doesnt ensure your item should you be hit as you run out the door.

Proposed rework
Tier 1: a hit to a survivor holding an item moderately increases the consumption rate and damages the item by 5%
Tier 2: a hit to a survivor holding an item considerably increases consumption rate and damages the item by 10%
Tier 3: A hit to a survivor holding an item renders that item unusable for that survivor during that game.

Players can still keep their items and the white ward remains useful while still severely damaging their ability to use items. This negates last second hits at the exit and losing an item you have a protection on.

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

isn't that besides the point of it being called "franklins demise" ?

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Dr_Trauts said:

isn't that besides the point of it being called "franklins demise" ?

In literal terms yes but its proposed to balance the perk.
    The perk can negate addons and offerings just by playing the game. It also impacts games in the future because you now dont have that item you could've had before. Plus with the small window as you're running out giving killers an easy last hit always makes you drop the item at the door so even if you had the item up to that point you can still lose it. In return for survivors keeping their items killers can increase consumption or render them completely useless. All other item mechanics apply. The item depletes if used completely (which would happen faster).
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited November 2018
    No, almost nobody use that and it won't get reworked because bothers you
  • milo77727
    It's an unbalanced perk. It bothers just about any survivor who goes against it not just me. If they use Franklin's Demise now why wouldnt they use the rework? You havent pointed out any flaws or anything to support your arguement.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    All I’m hearing is “Waaaah!! I need my item and can’t bear to live without it! Waaaah!!”

Franklin’s is balanced. Just accept that you won’t always be able to escape with your item. 
  • ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

@milo77727 said:
    Possibly the worst perk a survivor could go against is Franklins.
    Imagine you finally put on that purple flashlight with the odd bulb and green battery. You even put in a white ward in case you die. The killer has Franklin's and at any moment you could lose that item. Not to mention it also damages the item making it worse should you actually retrieve it. Your white ward becomes useless at this point because if you die then you lose the item when you go down. This perk is the only perk to affect something in anything outside of the game. Even escape doesnt ensure your item should you be hit as you run out the door.

Proposed rework
    Tier 1: a hit to a survivor holding an item moderately increases the consumption rate and damages the item by 5%
    Tier 2: a hit to a survivor holding an item considerably increases consumption rate and damages the item by 10%
    Tier 3: A hit to a survivor holding an item renders that item unusable for that survivor during that game.

Players can still keep their items and the white ward remains useful while still severely damaging their ability to use items. This negates last second hits at the exit and losing an item you have a protection on.

Sure nerf Franklin's demise and make it trash but also nerf all the items so the flashlight can only blind 3 times toolboxes can only repair up to 50% of the gen make maps stay the same and make keys brake if you go down more than 3 times last but not least remove all instaheals :) or don't go to forums and cry for a nerf on a perk that doesn't get used much after facing it in 1 game.

• milo77727
    Like usual killer mains complaining when someone points out something they dont like. (Survivors do it too I know)
    Survivors cant get rid of your addons or powers. (No disabling traps doesnt count because you still use them) but killers can? How is that in any way balanced?
    Stop complaining about one use addons when you have full perks that make those useless. I'm not 'crying' but simply suggesting something for balance just like the DS discussions. You dont like it then put some real solutions out there or explain why it is balanced because all I'm seeing is killers getting upset and not any real answers. I'm here to discuss. The way I see it my rework makes the game harder to use items in the actual game as tier 3 makes the item COMPLETELY USELESS. The current perk just makes you drop it so you can pick it up at a later time and use it. To be honest it's better for killers. The only real difference is survivors continue to hold onto their item. Not your problem anymore after that.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Git gud and adapt.
  • milo77727
    Acromio said:
    Git gud and adapt.
    Coming from the person that wanted a NOED buff. (And more but I wasnt going to read everything)
    Again is there anyone who wants an actual discussion?
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018

Franklin's Demise is easily countered though: you can hide your item and retrieve it just before escaping, or you can force the killer to grab you from a locker (grabs don't count as hits so FD doesn't work)

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Let's all try to be a little more polite to one another eh?

As for why Franklin's Demise doesn't need a rework and is fine as it is; 10% of an items durability sucks but it isn't the end of the day unless you're edging it to begin with. Having a Survivor drop their item is a great advantage, but the Survivor knows where they were hit and can go back to retrieve it later if they don't die. Additionally, you can find items within the game itself, so finding a replacement, albeit probably weaker than what you brought, is still a replacement. All in all, it's an entire Perk the Killer is taking to use, and at best it destroys an item, at worst it is a slight inconvenience to the Survivor as they have to go back and pick it up after the chase has ended, or they are unhooked. Honestly speaking, in terms of power, there are much better perks to take over this one.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

That suggestion would totally ruin the whole purpose of the perk.
    It is made to waste the survivors time if they are greedy and want to retrieve their stuff.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    milo77727 said:
    Like usual killer mains complaining when someone points out something they dont like. (Survivors do it too I know)
    Survivors cant get rid of your addons or powers. (No disabling traps doesnt count because you still use them) but killers can? How is that in any way balanced?
    Stop complaining about one use addons when you have full perks that make those useless. I'm not 'crying' but simply suggesting something for balance just like the DS discussions. You dont like it then put some real solutions out there or explain why it is balanced because all I'm seeing is killers getting upset and not any real answers. I'm here to discuss. The way I see it my rework makes the game harder to use items in the actual game as tier 3 makes the item COMPLETELY USELESS. The current perk just makes you drop it so you can pick it up at a later time and use it. To be honest it's better for killers. The only real difference is survivors continue to hold onto their item. Not your problem anymore after that.
    You mean like hexes? That its a gamble every time or the fact that killers consume all the time add ins while survivor have the chance to save it or retrieve it from the trial itself?

Totally
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@milo77727 said:

The only real difference is survivors continue to hold onto their item.

That is the main point of the perk!
    They should DROP it, so that they have to make a choice; either take the risk and waste the time to retrieve it or just let go of it.