Salty Boy Thinks DBD caters to Killers

Don't even have anything to say about this one, feel free to comment down below.

Comments

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

people who say that just aren't as good at survivor as they'd like to think

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@CornChip said:

@yeet said:

@CornChip said:

@yeet said:

@CornChip said:
    It is tipped towards killers though

posted by someone who isn't as good at survivor as they'd like to think

Nope i just know how to read a graph

the graphs provided by the devs are irrelevant when survivors don't need to survive to "win"

Facts are irrelevant?

google the word "context"

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Guys, guys. Calm down. 
    You are both right. 
    @CornChip is right when he says the game is tipped towards killers. Because it really is around rank 20-15. 
    And @yeet is right that it isn't. Starting around rank 8-1.
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

To be fair after nearly two years of the game being incredibly favored to survivors you can't blame some of them for having a hard time adjusting to balance changes.

Even I have a hard time adjusting to balance changes as killer because I feel like even with a killer buff it's going to get pulled out from under me so I pretty much aim low for my expectations with balance.

• Did the escape charts shown during the stream account for rank at all? Because survivors before like... blue ranks are usually pure poopoo. Hell as easy as it is to rank up as survivor now, even many high rank ones are doodoo.

High level play dealing with crutch perks and SWF and instant heals, I’d be interested in seeing those escape rates lol.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@WhateverIGuess said:

@yeet said:

People who say the game is catering to survivors just aren't as good at killer as they'd like to think.

Both of you are partially correct, in the sense that some people - on both sides - always think they're better than they really are. It's just human nature.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    If 40% oft survivors escape, it doesnt mean that killers have a legit 60% killrate. The graph sadly doesn't show:
    • The actual kill\sacrifice rates
    • Suicides on hook ( skews data but cannot be measured, it sure feels more like a ragequit than a kill )
    • Intentional ragequits
    • Legit disconnects ( game errors, IRL reasons )
    Also i'm not sure if or how non 4-survivor rounds are counted. Do missing survivors count as DC or kills? In that case it'd screw the %escape graph already. Statistics are hard i guess.
    The other thing is that it doesn't account for survivor rank grouping. A rank one with 3 rank 20 teammates is probably less likely to escape. We looking at the killer rank or survivors rank? If we're looking at the killer rank then we can't determine the actual rank of the survivors. We just don't know enough.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@LyrSteam6510 said:
    Not_Giche said:

When the Devs themselves bring the weapons to their community to act even more toxic.

Dishonest stats used by dishonests peoples, and always the same type, since this game's release.

I laught at peoples who don't want to admit that these Devs made, and still make money on this toxic atmosphere.

I have no polite names for this kind of "peoples" practicing this kind of business strategy.

Dishonest stats by dishonest people? Then why are you even here? Just to cry? You people are just blind to facts that don’t agree with your point of view, you see the truth but can’t handle that they didn’t say what you wanted , I personally feel as if the game is already balanced I see no issue on either side at rank one 

If you think the game is perfectly balanced with nothing wrong, then that just shows your a dunce survivor main that's been playing since 2016. The game has everything wrong with it, certain bugs and glitches, as well as broken hitboxes and poor map design, the only reason every single speck of salt in this community is still playing the game, is simply because of the content and DLC. To go and say that the game is perfectly fine is like saying there is nothing wrong with random crits in tf2.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    I honestly don't know how piping works it's funny sometimes you'd fix 3 gens while your teammates are busy getting caught and unhooking one after another and you still barely get 10k .. i agree with what he said .. the game is somewhat tipped into killers favour .. and it's only been recently that they added the unhook bp etc 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2018
    CornChip said:

@yeet said:

@CornChip said:

The graph isn’t really that accurate for five reasons:

1. Suicide (Survivors farming during Hallowed Blight definitely inflated these numbers)
    2. Rage quits
    3. Legitimate DCs
    4. Matchmaking (red rank Survivors will have an easier time escaping yellow or green rank Killers and vice versa, this happens a lot when you find SWF groups that have Survivors at various ranks)
    5. Non-altruistic Survivors

For all we know, only 20% of Survivors could actually die to being sacrificed with Survivors that are altruistic. The other 80% could be made up of suicides, rage quits, legit DCs, and bad MM. 
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I think the game is FAIRLY balanced. I still get my 4k at R1, after reset, I still receive Merciless with a 3k.
    I enjoy it.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    God all this bickering.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Tsulan said:
    Guys, guys. Calm down. 
    You are both right. 
    @CornChip is right when he says the game is tipped towards killers. Because it really is around rank 20-15. 
    And @yeet is right that it isn't. Starting around rank 8-1.
    Haha, I'm dying right now! No comment.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

For a second I thouight that comment was from me because recently I had a game against a Huntress where 2 people rage quitted and I ran her for a bit and didnt safety pip after a 2 gen chase (yes 1 guy did 2 gens in that time) and 50% of a gen. He's just stupid tho.

• Poweas

@Orion said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

@yeet said:

People who say the game is catering to survivors just aren't as good at killer as they'd like to think.

Both of you are partially correct, in the sense that some people - on both sides - always think they're better than they really are. It's just human nature.

Why do you always make sense? You're one of the few people on this website who actually makes sense. Even I dont myself lol.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

@yeet said:

Why do you always make sense? You're one of the few people on this website who actually makes sense. Even I dont myself lol.

It's because he doesn't play as much anymore so he's not as well-salted as the rest of us.

• Poweas

@Visionmaker said:

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

@yeet said:

It's because he doesn't play as much anymore so he's not as well-salted as the rest of us.

I see.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2018

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@WhateverIGuess said:

@yeet said:

I just try to look at things rationally and analytically.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    CornChip said:

@yeet said:

@CornChip said:

1. Suicide (Survivors farming during Hallowed Blight definitely inflated these numbers)
    2. Rage quits
    3. Legitimate DCs
    4. Matchmaking (red rank Survivors will have an easier time escaping yellow or green rank Killers and vice versa, this happens a lot when you find SWF groups that have Survivors at various ranks)

For all we know, only 20% of Survivors could actually die to being sacrificed with Survivors that are altruistic. The other 80% could be made up of suicides, rage quits, legit DCs, and bad MM. 
    I love that everyone counts bad survivors and dcs as reason the graph us wrong but never killer dcs, killer farming or giving the hatch.  That's a lot of free escapes.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Carpemortum said:
    SnakeSound222 said:

CornChip said:

@yeet said:

@CornChip said:

2. Rage quits
    3. Legitimate DCs

I love that everyone counts bad survivors and dcs as reason the graph us wrong but never killer dcs, killer farming or giving the hatch.  That's a lot of free escapes.

My fav is trying to discount altruistic deaths like ######### that mean, that person was willing to die to try and save someone, how does that mean it shouldn't count in the statistic.

Despite all those crappy reasons anyway, why do they keep talking about "deaths" the statistic is "Which survivors escape" not "which survivors didn't get killed". It's probably not even looking at disconnects and only survivors that leave via hatch or gate. they want the stat so badly to represent their "survivors are unkillable" mantra they spread on the forums.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I would like to say, before I lay down my opinions, that I'm not good at the game and I do feel that the game at the current state is tilt slightly toward the killer, I do play both sides but my opinion do not involve any skill, so..

Do they release any similar chart before? I'm new to this game and didn't follow any stream or statistic before they release this chart. On that chart alone, it seems that the survival rank is low., but with no reference point, we couldn't tell whether the buffs to killer tip the favor towards killer or the survival rate remains more or less the same. This is an old game, without long term data collection and statistic, it just won't give us an accurate picture. Of course, pretend that I never said anything if they do release regular statistic.

The survival rate peak at Rank 1 around 43~44%, and dev said that their ideal balance is 2K(which should be 50%), seems a bit lower than what dev expected, but it is possible that the survivors are still adapting to the change. Again, the survival rate graph means very little without long term data collection.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Zanely89 said:
    I would like to say, before I lay down my opinions, that I'm not good at the game and I do feel that the game at the current state is tilt slightly toward the killer, I do play both sides but my opinion do not involve any skill, so..

Do they release any similar chart before? I'm new to this game and didn't follow any stream or statistic before they release this chart. On that chart alone, it seems that the survival rank is low., but with no reference point, we couldn't tell whether the buffs to killer tip the favor towards killer or the survival rate remains more or less the same. This is an old game, without long term data collection and statistic, it just won't give us an accurate picture. Of course, pretend that I never said anything if they do release regular statistic.

The survival rate peak at Rank 1 around 43~44%, and dev said that their ideal balance is 2K(which should be 50%), seems a bit lower than what dev expected, but it is possible that the survivors are still adapting to the change. Again, the survival rate graph means very little without long term data collection.

They released stat a couple of time before that, the two note worthy one where one who was about kill rate by killer and was used to justify freddy nerf, but the sample time period included a free weekend meaning a lot of new (very bad) player that don't reflet the overall community where included

And a second one was about perk usage, and is not reliable since it state nonsense like that self care as a usage of around 20 percent, will in game having a single survivor not using selfcare is a rare occurrence.

I'll see if I can find them back

Found 1, will edit if I find the kill rate one (and don't forget about it)

Perk usage : https://i.imgur.com/LyPkOEd_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    welcome to dead by daylight, where people don’t know what getting good is