The new MMR better fix this matchmaking crap or I'm done.

Options
SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I've been really hesitant to play killer on PS4 lately because all I get is matched with people far more experienced than me. Tonight I figured what the hell it's been a week, and lo and behold I step into this.

There's no way these people weren't on comms together because they were way too damn coordinated. I'll be the first one to admit that I need to get better with Pyramid Head, but there's no way I should have been matched with these people.

This is why lobbies take so damn long for survivors. No one wants to play killer anymore.

Post edited by SweetTerror on

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I do genuinely think the matchmaking on xbox has been better and playing survivor a lot of the games were ending 2ks 2 escapes

• SweetTerror
    Options
  • Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

No xbox has been horrible still this whole time killer gives me low ranks and only 2 games I had high ranks and survivor is just horrendous

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

You need to stop looking at the ranks, they mean literally nothing when it comes to match making. Their goal is 2 kills 2 escapes. Doesnt always work out that way but thats what theyre shooting for. The last few days for me have been for sure better than the last few months

• Komodo16
    Options

Well when I look at the ranks they have all been deceiving rank 2 that sucks and oh a rank 4 then low ranks who sucks which makes sense because low ranks arent supposed to be good. Regardless of whether ranks matter whenever I get a good killer they are red rank and the teammates suck and are low rank. When I play killer I get low ranks who sucks and the rare occasion I have good survs they are red rank. So for me the rank has correlated to skill for the most part like 90 percent and that's why im focusing on that. Tbh matchmaking had been horrible these past month or 2 which I guess they were testing? Idk but these past 2 days were the worst ever and still is as killer but today survivor was actually decent but barely

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Do you play a lot? Might be you havent played enough games for it to know your true level yet 🤷‍♂️ keep in mind its killer specific too so if you switch to a killer you dont play much you might get bad survivors.

Im in reds for killer and survivor and im noticing a real improvement. Not saying its perfect but its better than it has been

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Might be your region. Maybe you have more swfs around you

• Komodo16
    Options

I play every day unless I can't I play for hours on end. I am high rank for each side but as killer I deranked for adepts before reset. And for me all the matches suck. I BARELY play wraith. Hell I don't even play him and I get gen rushed but I play oni who ive played a good amount of time I get babies. Trust me man ive played enough to know this isn't what they were trying to achieve

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I hope it fixes the game but I won't have any expectations. If it happens, great. If not then I never had my hopes up so I won't be upset.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

i would say once the mmr comes in for people to keep in mind that depending if the devs are setting everyone at 0 mmr that its going to take a while for the mmr to sort out where people are in the ratings so the games are going to be a big mixture of people with different skill levels but once it has sorted people out in their ratings that it would be alot of fairer games

Which does lead me to ask @Almo and @Peanits when the mmr comes in will it be set at zero mmr for everyone or is there something in place to put people in a rating already based off player level?

• SweetTerror
    Options

I remember the developers stating that when it went live for Xbox, they said don't be surprised if you see ratings all over the place because it's ranking everyone's games accordingly. So most likely when it goes live for everything else, it will probably be as you suggested, a blank slate for everyone at the start and then rank everyone accordingly.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

MMR is making matchmaking worse.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Anything has to be better than it is right now. The developers stated that matchmaking would be all over the place when the MMR went live. For the most part everyone is being given a blank slate, and the new MMR will rank everyone accordingly from that.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,496
    Options

The funny thing is, you'll have no idea if it's fixed or not because the MMR will be hidden.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Hopefully we do see a change. It's funny, I loaded up the game tonight and I was close to starting up another killer match, but my last two matches were back to back red rank swf teams. I have no problem playing killer, but I'm a casual DBD player at best, and until the game ranks matches accordingly, I may have to hold out until the new MMR is up and running because I'm just too damn nervous to try.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,496
    edited July 2020
    Options

I think the change will be barely noticeable for mid and low ranks, but it's going to be a nightmare for high ranks. The poor matchmaking and boosted survivors covered up the games balance issues at high ranks. Once this goes through it's gonna be sweat fests and swf every game at the high mmr's. Gonna make a lot of killers not want to play because of that and a lot of survivors not want to be play because then every high mmr game is gonna be nothing but nurses and spirits since the mmr on those killers will just always be higher than say something like Clown.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options

Yea, as a survivor on xbox Im constantly being pitted against red ranks that consistently slaughter... It needs to figure out my placement soon or I'm putting it down for a few months again. I don't expect to survive every match, or even 1 out of every 2... But if I could at least stand a chance it would be nice...

• SweetTerror
    Options

I betting the experience will be the same on the PS4. From the way I understand it, the game will take a few weeks to catalogue the games and adjust everyone's matches accordingly. So as much as a kick in the nuts it may be, keep at it. You're doing yourself a favor now that the MMR is up and running on Xbox. I wish I could do the same, but until it's up and running on PS4 it's pointless for me to grin and bear it.

• zappyboltz
    zappyboltz Member Posts: 4
    Options

Well honestly if that's the level you play at then it should be that way. Shouldn't be given free reign to bully the more casual less sweaty players. There's 16 other ranks that want to play the game too aside from the reds thinking everything should be to their advantage. And for the boosted ones it won't matter if they swf they'll still be there regardless. Maybe they'll second guess wanting to be red. They need to really put a rank difference limit on swf. Since they're gonna use coms which the game isn't designed around. A couple rank 2 shouldn't be able to party with rank 10s for easier matches etc

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

I feel your pain OP. I'm a lvl 10 and just got a 4 man swf of lvl 2's and 1's. I threw out a bloody party streamer to chill out the sweatiness and they pulled swat team type action on me. Gen rushing with bait/ locker stuns. It was ridiculous... I'm not gonna say nerf this or buff that but I wonder if there is a way the devs can implement matching 4 man parties to high lvl rank killers only or something

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

2 kills and 2 sacrifices is a ridiculous goal given the gameplay mechanics. It's like trying to touch two sharpened pencil tips together; they just slip past each other.

• The survivors complain about holding M1 on a gen to be too boring.
    • This means the devs cannot change the amount of time to repair gens.
    • This means the devs are stuck trying to make a killer powerful enough to get 2 kills before 5 gens are done, but not too powerful.
    • This is because the killer gets stronger as more survivors are killed or sacrificed.
    • This means the match can quickly snowball in the killer's favor as soon as the killer has reached the 2 kill mark.

If the game had mechanics that made it harder for killer once they reached 2 kills instead of easier then they could give the power back to the killer. It would be like trying to touch two opposing magnetic poles together instead of pencils.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 713
    Options

This happens because there are less Red Ranks Killers in your region that can match the SWF above. IMO Killers have it too hard and are just likely to quit the game. If MMR happens I guarantee you most people would probably see more Matches like this, I'll probably quit DBD too if t they make MMR a thing as DBD should never be competitive. It be fun if you go against Sweat Squad once in a while but going up against 10 straight Sweat Squad because you are a high rank. No, thank you. I'll quit DBD at that point.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

For casual players (the vast majority) the MMR they turned on for 24 hours was much better. There was a rainbow of rank in the lobby and the games as both killer and survivor were much fairer and evenly matched in all the games I played as both.

It's gonna be really tough for some players who always get 4k cuz they're more likely to be matched with SWFs who collectively get 4 escapes, but... If it works as intended after 'losing' a few (on either side) they should start getting matched more evenly.

Either way the MMR will take a few games to reach its peak of 'fairness' in matchmaking but as most people are casual and they make up the player base then it's good.

It's gonna suck for the hardcore sweaty survivors and killers cuz they'll always be facing eachother.... I'm not one of them so I have to admit I'm ok with this cuz matchmaking is appalling ATM.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

I was taking a break Since the last MMR update, I come back to test the 24 hours trial and was One of the funniest day that I remember playing DBD as killer.

Now Im just waiting for new MMR to enjoy the Game again. But honestly, I think they are not going to make It real because SWF Will face Nurses and Spirits every Game and this groups will quit.

Survivors are the money makers for BHVR so if they upset premades, they Will loose tons of money and that is not gonna happen.

New MMR is my last Hope to keep playing DBD.

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah I'm waiting for the new MMR to go live myself. Bhvr talked about it and blood point bonuses with ranks months ago, and there's still no indication of when these changes are going live. At this rate I feel like it's never going to happen.

DBD will forever continue to be a sweatfest with casual players. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a practice mode like there is with the mobile game, because at least you can blow off steam in that mode. How the hell there still isn't such a mode in the main game I'll never understand.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Because 95% of the developers are investing their time on new skins, fixing the Game is not a priority, making money is.