Ruin and undying gets nerfed because it's overused. Spine chill and iron will?

Options
Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318

Like I play killer and survivor almost equally. But on both sides these two perks are almost in every round 2-3 times. I like the perks to and use it often but when ruin and undying both got nerfed because they were overused then it also should happening to survivor perks to be fair.

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Iron will low-key never helps me, but maybe one day we'll get something new for the game that is healthy... hopefully

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

could get messy with Oblivious and Undetectable, but its hard out here for a stealth killer.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Iron Will should be on a timer like Lucky Break.

But on the other hand we do have Stridor & Bloodhound

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

Spine Chill is literally free info and completely removes the need to be wary of your surroundings against stealth killers, so I 100% believe it needs adjustment. This is coming from someone who runs Spine Chill at all times.

Iron Will isn't as big of an issue, even if it is extremely annoying. I hope it gets some kind of change, but that's just my bias against the perk.

The nerf to Undying was pretty justified since when paired with Ruin, it was either way too strong with good rng or a little bit useful early game with bad rng.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited April 2021
    Options

I also run Spine Chill all the time and I agree that it gives free information without having to be wary of your surroundings. Honestly? Spine Chill does too much. Giving information, increasing the number of skill checks you receive and speeding up all your actions is crazy. They should at least reduce the range on it since it currently activates when the Killer isn't even that close, for many its outside of their terror radius.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

All a killer has to do is back up to gens and it negates Spine Chill.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,387
    Options

Spinechill just shouldnt work on stealth killers. Inb4:"JUST MOONWALK". I can't, not as michael or ghostface. I have to look right at them to stalk. Sure other killers but michael already has enough problems on his plate.

• GodDamn_Angela
    Options

So are you walking backwards all game or...?

Spine Chill isn't only active when working a Gen.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

This actually a very sensible idea: Spine Chill’s activation range should be greatly reduced. 16m perhaps?

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

No, if you read my post it says backing up to a gen can negate spine chill.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

You don't have to moonwalk to gens, just don't directly face the gen you're going to and it won't light up. I run Spine Chill every game and it's the only counter I have for Spirit and Nurse. Stealth killers like to complain that it nerfs them, but it really doesn't I have no idea what direction they are coming from and sometimes walk right into them. Just because someone is playing a stealth killer doesn't mean they deserve an easy first hit or instant down.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

I think a killer should get a notification that a survivor is running spine chill and I don't mean a perk needs to be implemented to fix it.

While we're at it survivors should get a notification that a killer has whispers.

• GodDamn_Angela
    Options

I know. I overgeneralized.

A Killer can't always be walking in a way to not activate Spine Chill though. Unless they know exactly where the Survivors are they can't be sure they are even doing things right.

I agree that Stealth Killers shouldn't get a free hit, but I still think the activation range is too far on it. Again, it gives more than just information and if you have any idea of where the Killer was you can usually get an idea of where they are coming from.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    edited April 2021
    Options

I usually have to start off by saying I'm a killer main.

Ruin Undying was heavily unbalanced and needed to be nerfed. It gave killers undeserved wins, hell I admit there are times I didn't deserve to win while running the two before the Undying rework. Spine Chill and Iron Will are fine (Iron Will is reasonably controversial). Iron Will has screwed me over many times, but it's not unhealthy for the game. I think the combo of Iron Will + Lucky Break is a lot more heavy than Spine Chill + Iron Will because I don't see how Spine Chill synchronizes with Iron Will the way Ruin does with Undying.

I agree, Spine Chill's range being reduced would make the perk a lot more reliable. This is similar to how Whispers tier 3 is more accurate than tier 1 because it lights up when you're closer to a survivor in tier 3, but lights up when you're 48 metres way from a survivor in tier 1.

• supersonic853
    Options

"Spinechill doesn't nerf stealth killers" *laughs in michael whos a 7'1 tall man who requires direct line of sight to stalk and "punishes survivors for not paying attention to their surroundings". Kinda hard to accomplish his goal when theres a perk that spoonfeeds the survivors.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Ruin + Undying was the only thing about it that was nerfed. Undying + pretty much any other hex was buffed.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    edited April 2021
    Options

Its no different with a power that easily lets you remove a health state.

• supersonic853
    Options

How so? Michael needs to stalk to get out of tier 1 where hes 105%. Definitely not a good idea to stay in. Tier 2 hes no longer undetectable but has a small tr so if spinechill didnt work on undetectable itd still work on tier 2. And tier 3 doesn't really matter he has a huge terror radius. So spine chill hard counters michael at his weakest point.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Spine chill shouldn't light up when the killer is undetectable Since the name of the effect is undetectable while spine chill Literally detects the killer

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

What even WAS the nerfs? I keep hearing about them, but they happened when I was on hiatus.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

The only thing that needs to be done for Iron Will is fixing the missing breathing.

That's it.

The Ruin+Undying nerf was justified and it's still a decent combo.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Undying used to cause other Hex perks to hop to another totem twice or until Undying itself was cleansed. As a result, Ruin could bounce around enough to never be cleansed.

It was inconsistent, but when it worked to its greatest affect, Ruin + Undying was a mean combo that gave little option for the Survivors. NOW, it's been nerfed pretty hard, and doesn't perform nearly as well. I would argue that Haunted Grounds does a better job at guarding Ruin than Undying now, though Undying has gained a benefit when combined with Devour Hope.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Ahh, okay! Thanks for the info. I knew that it let totems jump around, but I didn't know it was twice. I just thought it was always until Undying was cleansed.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Iron will isnt nearly oppresive as ruin undying. While it is a really strong perk how many times can you say that you lost a game or a chase because of iron will. Iron will is strong but its not obviously strong, when people use iron will to stealth about the killer doesn't realise it. I agree spinchill should get a nerf but I think the nerf should just be you have to be in the killers TR for it to work. That solves the entire stealth klller issiue without removing its use against other killers.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited April 2021
    Options

Actually, you might be right. I remember having it and playing with it, and could have sworn there was a cap of two or three hops, but I can't find any text that supports that.

Either way, it was brutal when it worked well, but now it's more consistent without the option of it doing overly well.

Also, with current Undying+Ruin, two Survivors on comms can find both totems at the same time, cleanse them at the same time, and both park slots become wasted. I don't much care for that, hence why I said I think Haunted Ground is a better guard than Undying is. I would have preferred keeping old Undying, but limiting it to 1 totem hop per Hex. That's just me, though. It would eliminate the ability to find both first and cleanse them in unison.

EDIT: Oh, it hopped infinitely, but with only 5 totems in play and two being used for a Hex, it only allowed 3 hops.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,122
    Options

As I understand it, just from watching Ohmwrecker footage, old Ruin (Since someone already explained Undying) also changed skill checks while repairing gens. Getting a 'good' skill check would regress the gen by 5%, instead of what it does now.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Of all the perks you could ask to be nerfed, you target these two? Really?

I wouldn't say they're overused man. They're good, don't get me wrong - but there's so many other good perks you could be using.

Frankly, I don't know why people run Spinechill when Premonition gives you a better idea of what direction they're coming from. But that's just me.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    edited April 2021
    Options

Spine chill is fine it's no more unfair than lightborn that fully negates flashlights or actually any other perk that has any value. It has its weaknesses.

1. Non directional - it's strongest use is when you don't have any line of sight... But in these instances you don't know where the killer is coming from and can easily run into them or have to run out and be spotted.

2. Its basically useless if you have line of sight.

3. It can flash on and off which gets survivors who are skittish off gens.

4. Killer can just not stare directly at the gen when they're at 32m.

5. The speed increase is like 1 stack of thanatophobia so practically irrelevant especially as survivors generally don't sit with it on at a gen if it's staying lit up the whole time.

It doesn't need a nerf or a change just adapt around it. Same as BBQ, players need to adapt and go in lockers or change direction after 4 seconds.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

True 🤣

It's like anytime someone has a rough game against a perk (as killer or survivor) they find a complaint about it.

Perks are not the as much of an issue as SWFs or play-styles- these suck and ruin it WAY more imo.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

part of why ruin/undying got nerfed because it carried a lot of mediocre killers in matches so this way you need to actually put more effort. Sorry but if i'm playing solo I shouldn't have to go around the map cleansing 4 hex totems that's too much of my time.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Chapter 1

Hex: Ruin and the art of slowing the game down... just a little bit

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I remember when spine chill and Premonition didn't work on Michael. I can't tell if it was good or bad.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited April 2021
    Options

You know someone is pulling at straws when they compare spine chill/iron will to ruin and undying simply because DS got nerfed already.

Iron will is perfectly fine.

Spine chill has some issues but is counterable by just looking away a bit when approaching. That relies on actually knowing where the survivor is though is the catch... It is clearly better than premonition and it don't take much thought to figure out why. Premonition needs a buff if anything and spine chill could use some type of change maybe.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited April 2021
    Options

Spine chill and iron will is fine. Ruin+undying was nerfed because of how it over preformed. I run spine chill and iron will and its just fine

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226
    Options

*Dead hard/Sprintburst/Unbrekable* ahem let me introduce myself

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Spine chill should not activate if killer is under Undetectable status.

Iron will only works while you are injured, so I think of it as balanced perk and don't want to change it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

It was nerfed because it was statistically over powered; making games frustrating regardless. Everyone was using it because it was over powered.

Too strong = Everyone uses it.

Self care, everyone uses it (for some reason) = Not strong at all.

• ChucklesNorris
    ChucklesNorris Member Posts: 12
    Options

Spinechill shouldn't work against stealth killers. Premotion should be used for counter them. current spinechill is overshadowing premotion.